Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo 750ml Bottle
This olio nuovo has a very special character. The color is intensely green and the aroma and taste are like fresh olives. Soft and creamy, elegant and supple, the finish has a complex nutty quality with a good kick without being bitter. This nuovo is very versatile; you can even use it as is on salads, just as the chefs did at the dinner they prepared in Umbria for the Vestri family and friends. Or use this rare treat on roasted & grilled meats & fish, sautéed vegetables, hearty soups, earthy cheeses, & of course, in all your pasta sauces.
- Olio Nuovo is the just-pressed olive oil bottled as soon as it is comes from the press
- Regular olive oil goes into a settling tank for a month or so before bottling to allow all the particular matter in the oil to settle to the bottom; then the oil is drawn from the top; then it is further filtered in pure cotton (or left as is if the producer wants to produce unfiltered oil).
- The new pressed oil very special and rare: it is only available for a short time once a year just after the oil is pressed
- It loses the qualities that make it unique as time causes oxidation and mellowing of the oil
- This oil is air freighted in from Italy so that people can enjoy real olio nuovo
- Amazing green color.
- Fresh smelling – like fresh cut grass
- Unique intense taste – like fresh olives, filled with fruit and peppery
- The oil is named Siloro and is made by Frantoio Olivestri, in the small town of Petrignano del Lago in Umbria
- The olives are picked by hand within 24 hours of being crushed, insuring only fresh undamaged fruit is used
- Siloro is a two time Gold Medal winner at the LA County Fair, the largest and most prestigious judging of olive oils in the country
Special Note: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Woot Services LLC and Woot, Inc. assume no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.