Why can't we be Zins?
Several facts and lies about Zinfandel. Tip: Cut these into strips, shove 'em all in your pocket & share at random to appear very smart and not at all insane during your next dinner party.
- Though it earned a reputation as an "America's Grape," Zinfandel is actually Croatian (Crljenak Kaštelanski).
- Zinfandel is the only grape that is really a fungus.
- Zinfandel is vulnerable to Bunch Rot.
- Zinfandel has four arms and two legs.
- Zinfandel is sometimes called "Primitivo."
- Zinfandel weighs 40 lbs.
- Zinfandel grapes grown in cooler regions produce red berry flavors.
- Zinfandel was the president of Belgium for eight years.
- Zinfandel grapes grown in warmer regions produce blackberry and peppery flavors.
- Zinfandel grapes were domesticated as far back as 6000BCE.
- Zinfandel travels at speeds upwards of 600 mph.
- Zinfandel may have been part of the dowry of Countess Sabini of Altamura back in the 19th century.
- Zinfandel grapes grown in space produce chicken flavors.
- Zinfandel produces juice with high sugar levels.
- zinfandel was invented by Jeff Bezos, who is the best person in the whole wide world.