12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare

quality posts: 2428 Private Messages Cesare

Nick's Sticks Beef Snack Sticks 25-Pack
Sold by: Wine Country Connect, LLC
$54.99 $73.25 25% off List Price
Nick's Sticks Beef Snack Sticks, 1.7 oz.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Amplified2000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Amplified2000

These are made by a local grass fed beef producer (I live in Iowa) that I have been getting all of my beef from for many years.. I've had many of these and they are tasty, not overly processed and made with better for you grass fed beef. If you have the means, I highly suggest picking some up.

maninblack

quality posts: 8 Private Messages maninblack

Certified paleo? Woo hoo!

scottnorwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottnorwood

It is difficult to imagine how these could be worth $20.70 per pound to you even if you had the means...

kaolis

quality posts: 71 Private Messages kaolis
scottnorwood wrote:It is difficult to imagine how these could be worth $20.70 per pound to you even if you had the means...

I was waitin' for that. Thank you
;)

Raphael42

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Raphael42
kaolis wrote:I was waitin' for that. Thank you
;)

I agree you pay more for better quality but at a certain point $20+ a lbs for beef scraps ground and spiced and squirted into a tube is a bit much.

ibew90mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibew90mom

They are $33.39 for 24 of them on Amazon. The price seems high.

kaolis

ibew90mom wrote:They are $33.39 for 24 of them on Amazon. The price seems high.

I see what you're looking at I think, and that is for 12 packages, 24 sticks. This offer looks to be 25 packages, 50 sticks. But it is a bit ambiguous on what you get here.

dalem589

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dalem589
kaolis wrote:I see what you're looking at I think, and that is for 12 packages, 24 sticks. This offer looks to be 25 packages, 50 sticks. But it is a bit ambiguous on what you get here.

What is not ambiguous is the amount of packaging involved for a few pieces of processed meat thingies. Really, can't you put these in a package that holds more?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kaolis wrote:I see what you're looking at I think, and that is for 12 packages, 24 sticks. This offer looks to be 25 packages, 50 sticks. But it is a bit ambiguous on what you get here.

Here you're getting 25 packages. Each package contains 2 sticks.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

kaolis

dalem589 wrote:What is not ambiguous is the amount of packaging involved for a few pieces of processed meat thingies. Really, can't you put these in a package that holds more?

Hey, Slim Jim is one per package so this seems pretty enviro friendly to me. And once opened you kind of have to eat, so you don't want too many in a pack. Speaking of Slim Jim, these here are cheaper, and I don't think Slim Jim is paleo ;)
So I vote Nick Stick over Slim Jim..ha!

billmort

quality posts: 3 Private Messages billmort
kaolis wrote:Hey, Slim Jim is one per package so this seems pretty enviro friendly to me. And once opened you kind of have to eat, so you don't want too many in a pack. Speaking of Slim Jim, these here are cheaper, and I don't think Slim Jim is paleo ;)

Also... after eating you can hang the empty package from your rear view for a beefy enviro air freshener. Reduce, reuse, recycle.

PTommins

quality posts: 8 Private Messages PTommins

$20lb for high quality beef jerky is certainly not unreasonable, but I don't think you can look at "sticks" in the same way. Approx $1 a stick seems very reasonable for a grass fed, no nitrate, all beef stick. Not much more than a crappy Slim Jim. Ok...I confess. I do love Slim Jims

Winedavid39

quality posts: 331 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

These are legit tasty. a super high quality version of a beef stick.

heishman24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heishman24
maninblack wrote:Certified paleo? Woo hoo!

Yes!!

sremick

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sremick

Way overpriced. We have a local place that does the same thing (nitrite/nitrate free, grass fed, no antibiotics, etc etc) and their sticks are often on sale cheaper than this. I just stock up then.

rjquillin

quality posts: 296 Private Messages rjquillin
sremick wrote:Way overpriced. We have a local place that does the same thing (nitrite/nitrate free, grass fed, no antibiotics, etc etc) and their sticks are often on sale cheaper than this. I just stock up then.

but can I get them in San Diego?

CT

edlada

quality posts: 8 Private Messages edlada
kaolis wrote:Hey, Slim Jim is one per package so this seems pretty enviro friendly to me. And once opened you kind of have to eat, so you don't want too many in a pack. Speaking of Slim Jim, these here are cheaper, and I don't think Slim Jim is paleo ;)

To hell with the environment, Slim Jims are damned tasty and much cheaper. Mechanically separated beef is da bomb!

My dogs like me, that is important.

kaolis

edlada wrote:To hell with the environment, Slim Jims are damned tasty and much cheaper. Mechanically separated beef is da bomb!

I love the occasional Slim Jim, but I always feel ...so...so...dirty...after eating one

ResIpsaLoquiter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ResIpsaLoquiter

Apparently, for many years, I misunderstood the word "gourmet". I had no idea it really meant "stuff next to the cash register at your local gas station."

mcowles

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mcowles
ResIpsaLoquiter wrote:Apparently, for many years, I misunderstood the word "gourmet". I had no idea it really meant "stuff next to the cash register at your local gas station."

The gas station across the street from me sells wine and cheese next to the cash register. Does that mean no wine/cheese can be gourmet? A high quality version of a common product can be gourmet. Now excuse me while I eat my bald eagle hot dog.

tytiger58

quality posts: 83 Private Messages tytiger58
kaolis wrote:I love the occasional Slim Jim, but I always feel ...so...so...dirty...after eating one

For those of you who have morals or a conscience I guess that would be a problem

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kaolis

tytiger58 wrote:For those of you who have morals or a conscience I guess that would be a problem

Morals/conscience, one leads to the other or the other leads to another. Kind of deep for woot?

Rannoch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rannoch
PTommins wrote:$20lb for high quality beef jerky is certainly not unreasonable, but I don't think you can look at "sticks" in the same way. Approx $1 a stick seems very reasonable for a grass fed, no nitrate, all beef stick. Not much more than a crappy Slim Jim. Ok...I confess. I do love Slim Jims

~$12/lb is more palatable for me (and better than Slim Jims):
https://www.tcsjerky.com/shop/beef-sticks.html#20ct-jar

kaolis

Rannoch wrote:~$12/lb is more palatable for me (and better than Slim Jims):
https://www.tcsjerky.com/shop/beef-sticks.html#20ct-jar

not exactly the same product if you look at the ingredients:
Ingredients: Beef, Water, Contains less than 2% of the following: Black Pepper, Corn Syrup Solids, Garlic Powder, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Salt, Smoke Flavoring, Spice Extractives, Sugar, Monosodium Glutamate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite.
Serving Size1oz (28g)
Serving Per ContainerVaries

Amount Per Serving
Calories150
Calories from Fat110

Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Daily Value
Total Fat12g 18%
Saturated Fat5g 25%
Trans Fat0.5g 0%
Cholesterol35mg 12%
Sodium490 20%
Total Carbohydrate4g 1%
Dietry Fiber0g 0%
Sugars1g
Protein5g 10%

Rannoch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rannoch
kaolis wrote:not exactly the same product if you look at the ingredients:
Ingredients: Beef, Water, Contains less than 2% of the following: Black Pepper, Corn Syrup Solids, Garlic Powder, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Salt, Smoke Flavoring, Spice Extractives, Sugar, Monosodium Glutamate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite.
Serving Size1oz (28g)
Serving Per ContainerVaries

Amount Per Serving
Calories150
Calories from Fat110

Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Daily Value
Total Fat12g 18%
Saturated Fat5g 25%
Trans Fat0.5g 0%
Cholesterol35mg 12%
Sodium490 20%
Total Carbohydrate4g 1%
Dietry Fiber0g 0%
Sugars1g
Protein5g 10%

True.
It's all pretty much the same on the way out though.