Back to Amazon.com

WootBot


quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Think Tank Paso Robles Grenache (2)

Speed to First Woot:
19m 22.446s
First Sucker:
ashvid
Last Wooter to Woot:
rufus4ever
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 30% of Wine Woots
Top 33% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 20% of Wine Woots
Top 47% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 0% < 10 woots
  • 20% < 25 woots
  • 80% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 0% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 0% one year old
  • 100% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 80% bought 1
  • 10% bought 2
  • 10% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

10%
10%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
10%
10%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
10%
0%
30%
10%
0%
0%
0%
10%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 2428 Private Messages Cesare

Think Tank Wine Company Paso Robles Grenache 2-Pack
Sold by: The Wine Foundry
$59.99 $155.00 61% off List Price
2010 Think Tank Grenache, Carriage Vineyards, Paso Robles

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20


quality posts: 306 Private Messages cortot20



Think tank Grenache
14.4% alcohol

I opened this last Thursday and these notes are from a couple of hours with the wine before passing the bottle on to Kyle to try.

I really like Grenache, I drink it almost as much as Syrah which is absolute favorite varietal so I was happy to see this bottle in the box.


The wine was opened shortly after picking up the package, it was enjoyed both with and with out food.

Color: medium garnet and clear of sediment.
Aroma: moderately expressive, nose shows some age. Primary notes are a general red fruit, menthol and eucalyptus. I didn't detect any notes typical to oak.

Taste: dry, medium bodied, crisp acidity, medium dry tannins. Well balanced. Tart red fruit, mostly strawberry and raspberry. Menthol and eucalyptus.

This wine was really nice with dinner and after. I found it was initially fairly tart and needed about 15 minutes to open up. Once it opened up I really enjoyed it. Solid bottle of aged Grenache. My wife enjoyed it as well which is a great sign for a bottle of red wine ;)
Pics
https://imgur.com/gallery/xh885
https://imgur.com/gallery/arDzs

CT

canestri


quality posts: 1 Private Messages canestri

Is this the same wine at $21.00 shipped?

https://www.celebrationswineclub.com/store/think-tank-wine-company-2010-grenache/

kaolis


quality posts: 71 Private Messages kaolis
canestri wrote:Is this the same wine at $21.00 shipped?

https://www.celebrationswineclub.com/store/think-tank-wine-company-2010-grenache/



Looks like it from the description. Same vineyard designation, year, abv. $18 per bottle. You have to buy in multiples of 6 though. So for me a 6 pack $140 delivered, $23 per bottle all in. And they appear to have stock, but who knows how much.

cortot20


quality posts: 306 Private Messages cortot20
canestri wrote:Is this the same wine at $21.00 shipped?

https://www.celebrationswineclub.com/store/think-tank-wine-company-2010-grenache/



The only difference I can see is the bottle shape. Maybe they used a different year/varietal for the pic since you can't read the label. Nice find if it's real.

CT

kaolis


quality posts: 71 Private Messages kaolis
cortot20 wrote:The only difference I can see is the bottle shape. Maybe they used a different year/varietal for the pic since you can't read the label. Nice find if it's real.



Bottle shot is different, I noticed that too. But generic or non-existent bottle shots not unusual and given the descriptors seems the same wine. That being said, who knows.

cortot20


quality posts: 306 Private Messages cortot20
kaolis wrote:Bottle shot is different, I noticed that too. But generic or non-existent bottle shots not unusual and given the descriptors seems the same wine. That being said, who knows.



Looking at the winery website, they look to be out of business. Most recent releases are an 8 year old rose.

CT

kaolis


quality posts: 71 Private Messages kaolis
cortot20 wrote:Looking at the winery website, they look to be out of business. Most recent releases are an 8 year old rose.



Sunday's offer here?...ha!

kylemittskus


quality posts: 267 Private Messages kylemittskus



Big, sweet red cherries on the nose. Some heat. Sweet oak. Full-bodied on the palate. Same, big ripe fruit on the attack. The alcohol pokes through just a tad. Oak on the finish. Nice acid, ripe tannins.

Really fun wine. It's ripe, but the fruit is on the red spectrum so it doesn't cross into that syrupy, dense fruit profile.

It didn't hold up very well into the second day, sitting on the counter. Not surprising given the age and grape/region.

I really liked this wine. At $30/btl, I'm not really excited about the QPR, though. It's not unfairly priced. However, $30/btl feels right around retail to me for this wine, maybe $40 at the winery door.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20


quality posts: 306 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:

Big, sweet red cherries on the nose. Some heat. Sweet oak. Full-bodied on the palate. Same, big ripe fruit on the attack. The alcohol pokes through just a tad. Oak on the finish. Nice acid, ripe tannins.

Really fun wine. It's ripe, but the fruit is on the red spectrum so it doesn't cross into that syrupy, dense fruit profile.

It didn't hold up very well into the second day, sitting on the counter. Not surprising given the age and grape/region.

I really liked this wine. At $30/btl, I'm not really excited about the QPR, though. It's not unfairly priced. However, $30/btl feels right around retail to me for this wine, maybe $40 at the winery door.



Nice notes, I'm not surprised it fell apart Day 2.
I also agree on price point, $25 a bottle and under I'd consider a set.

CT

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all! WD has lowered the price to $59.99. You should but ALL the wine that you can with a limit of 3.

If you already purchased, we'll be refunding that money real soonish.


** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

scotteik


quality posts: 4 Private Messages scotteik

Worst WineWoot I ever seen. Looks like 5 buyers, 1 took 3 orders and other 4 did one.

cortot20


quality posts: 306 Private Messages cortot20
scotteik wrote:Worst WineWoot I ever seen. Looks like 5 buyers, 1 took 3 orders and other 4 did one.



The wine was really quite good. I think its the high per bottle price for a non-recognizable name playing out here.

CT

ttboy23


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ttboy23

I like the price break, I'm in! get to light up that great state again.

ttboy23


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ttboy23

....for two, that is. It might even arrive before the Wellington does. Thanks to the rats for their input!

billmort


quality posts: 3 Private Messages billmort

Where is the:

kylemittskus


quality posts: 267 Private Messages kylemittskus

Really nice Paso Grenache, ready to enjoy immediately at $30/btl shipped is a very fair deal, IMO.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

losthighwayz


quality posts: 85 Private Messages losthighwayz
kylemittskus wrote:Really nice Paso Grenache, ready to enjoy immediately at $30/btl shipped is a very fair deal, IMO.



Hard time pulling the trigger. CA Grenache is my favorite varietal but hard to justify $30 when I can get herman Story for a few more bucks and Beckmen for about the same.

"The older I get the better I was"

kylemittskus


quality posts: 267 Private Messages kylemittskus
losthighwayz wrote:Hard time pulling the trigger. CA Grenache is my favorite varietal but hard to justify $30 when I can get herman Story for a few more bucks and Beckmen for about the same.



This is different than HS. Not quite so much power and more red. And it's ready to go now, not that you hold wine anyway...

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen