Cesare

quality posts: 2428 Private Messages Cesare

Bridge 1904 Cabernet Sauvignon 4-Pack, presented by Vincent Arroyo Winery
$64.99 $149.00 56% off List Price
2014 Bridge 1904 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ltraffis

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ltraffis

Anyone out there have any tasting notes???

smperry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smperry

This was the best I could find. https://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=7157257&pageindex=1#post7157438

Edit: never mind; that was the 2012. Here it is: https://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=7228231&pageindex=1#post7228339

I'm conflicted; I *love* Vincent Arroyo wines, but I'm not seeing much in the way of reviews, and I recently went on a wine buying spree (for me) so the timing isn't great. Reading the (correct) review, even though it's only one, has me leaning towards buy.

ejrunion

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ejrunion

Here was my review from August 31 of the 2014, at the same price point:

I have the distinct honor to celebrate International Cabernet Day by sampling a 2014 Bridge 1904 Cabernet Sauvignon, a side-label produced by Vincent Arroyo Winery in Calistoga, Napa Valley.

I sampled this wine over two successive nights after letting the wine rest a couple days after shipment. The bottle was a heavy one and slightly tapered. When poured, the wine was a dark-ruby shade, and swirling produced even ridges and legs on the glass. On the nose, the early aromas were tainted by the oxygen exchange, but after about 30 to 45 minutes, there was a more pronounced cherry smell. Since I didn’t decant the bottle, the same process happened the next night.

I enjoyed sipping this wine immensely. It was a medium-bodied and bold wine, like one would expect in a good Cabernet, but it was also very soft and silky. What a nice thing to find such a strong but elegant wine. Although it was jammy and plummy, it was enhanced by very fine tannins, and it left a slightly dry feeling on the palate. This wasn’t a fruit bomb, and I had the impression that, given a couple of years in the cellar and some good decanting, its complexity would increase further, deepening in richness.

With a Chardonnay companion, this wine was designed for nice restaurants. This wine stands well on its own without food pairing, although a little mild cheese was nice.

andrewtl

quality posts: 29 Private Messages andrewtl

Isn't this from Calistoga, where the fire is?

pfffft!

ejrunion

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ejrunion
andrewtl wrote:Isn't this from Calistoga, where the fire is?

All I can find is a mention in this repost of a WSJ article from yesterday. Sounds like it is pretty closely surrounded as of yesterday.

http://www.cetusnews.com/news/Fire-Ravages-California-Wine-Country.ryV7g8UF2W.html

smperry

I ended up buying this after I posted, but given these fires, I don't know when/if it'll be shipped.

There's mandatory evacuation in Calistoga, but earlier today, the Vincent Arroyo winery page posted that they were safe and sound. I'm in the Bay Area and it's a mess. The air quality is so bad that my son's school was closed today and will be tomorrow (after having "indoor days" the first couple days this week). Based upon what I'm reading and the wineries I visited last weekend, the majority of the harvests are in..but this has got to be a blow to wine country for years to come.

andrewtl

smperry wrote:I ended up buying this after I posted, but given these fires, I don't know when/if it'll be shipped.

There's mandatory evacuation in Calistoga, but earlier today, the Vincent Arroyo winery page posted that they were safe and sound. I'm in the Bay Area and it's a mess. The air quality is so bad that my son's school was closed today and will be tomorrow (after having "indoor days" the first couple days this week). Based upon what I'm reading and the wineries I visited last weekend, the majority of the harvests are in..but this has got to be a blow to wine country for years to come.

This is so sad.

pfffft!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

smperry wrote:I ended up buying this after I posted, but given these fires, I don't know when/if it'll be shipped.

Hey all, we have received word now that the fires are affecting shipments of wine.woot orders. There are numerous evacuations still happening and many people need to be with their families and businesses

We ask for your patience as they work through this.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

andrewtl

ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all, we have received word now that the fires are affecting shipments of wine.woot orders. There are numerous evacuations still happening and many people need to be with their families and businesses

Praying for everyone.

pfffft!

smperry

ThunderThighs wrote:

Of course. Sorry if I sounded otherwise. A wine order is infinitesimal compared to everyone's lives and livelihoods! I just hope the fires are fully contained soon.

smperry

The mandatory evacuation in Calistoga has been lifted.