5%
5%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare

quality posts: 2428 Private Messages Cesare

BeeHive Cheese Promontory & SeaHive with Rustic Bakery Tart Cherry and Cacao Nib Crostini
$39.99 $74.96 47% off List Price
(1) - Beehive Cheese Company Promontory, 1lb Wedge
(1) - Beehive Cheese Company SeaHive, 1lb Wedge
(2) - Rustic Bakery Tart Cherry & Cacao Nib Crostini, 5oz Box

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 296 Private Messages rjquillin

Nom.

Been waiting for a BeeHive refill.

CT

ctviggen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ctviggen

The Beehive Promontory is one of our favorite cheeses. Survived only a few days the last time we had it. And comes from Jersey cows, which supposedly have a better protein profile:

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/03/a1-milk-a2-milk-america/

blaineg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages blaineg

As a local, it's worth noting that the "salty marshes, ponds and mudflats of the mineral-loaded soil of the Great Salt Lake" gives off the most amazing stench several times a year. Especially when there's been a brine fly die off.

The cheese is great, I'm just saying that the picturesque wording doesn't evoke quite what they're aiming for.

blaineg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages blaineg

Also, if they're using pure Jersey milk, that stuff has so much butterfat, it's halfway to cheese already.

I spent a summer on Jersey, and after four months of drinking Jersey milk, even whole milk seemed like water in comparison. Pure Jersey milk is yellow from the butterfat content. And on Jersey, it's not homogenized, so make sure you shake it well or you'll have lumpy milk.

spcanf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spcanf

I am glad to see this cheese without the coffee one -the buzzed I think is the name. I really like the seahive and promontory.

coynedj

quality posts: 11 Private Messages coynedj
spcanf wrote:I am glad to see this cheese without the coffee one -the buzzed I think is the name. I really like the seahive and promontory.

I agree - I've been waiting for a coffee-free offering. I won't let this one pass me by. This is mighty good cheese.

Updated with:

Last Wooter to Woot: coynedj
Last Purchase: a few seconds ago

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 11 QPs?

icemansslayer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages icemansslayer

I like the coffee one, it didnt last long in my house

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat
spcanf wrote:I am glad to see this cheese without the coffee one -the buzzed I think is the name. I really like the seahive and promontory.

same here - not a huge fan of the coffee rubbed version.

KevinLeeC

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KevinLeeC
annwat wrote:same here - not a huge fan of the coffee rubbed version.

I'm actually kind of like it, but you have to understand that here in Utah coffee isn't merely a refreshing beverage -- it's a statement.

wookie1975

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wookie1975

Warren here from Beehive.
I have reserved some 18+ month old Promontory for this event. I will be checking in today to answer any questions. Happy Wooting!

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON
wookie1975 wrote:Warren here from Beehive.
I have reserved some 18+ month old Promontory for this event. I will be checking in today to answer any questions. Happy Wooting!

When do you plan on shipping? Hate to be away when it arrives.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

askoscar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages askoscar
KevinLeeC wrote:I'm actually kind of like it, but you have to understand that here in Utah coffee isn't merely a refreshing beverage -- it's a statement.

Haha, so true. Also, coffee cheese just sounds like the grossest... Might pick these up though, they sound pretty good!

ladybesu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ladybesu

Will these be shipped with plenty of cold packs? I live in Arizona, and it's still pretty warm here.

rjquillin

quality posts: 296 Private Messages rjquillin

No Utah purchases?
Really...

CT

wookie1975

ladybesu wrote:Will these be shipped with plenty of cold packs? I live in Arizona, and it's still pretty warm here.

These will ship with insulation and ice packs.

wookie1975

JOATMON wrote:When do you plan on shipping? Hate to be away when it arrives.

We will ship Monday the 9th of October, to arrive Wednesday the 11th.

guzmantis

quality posts: 7 Private Messages guzmantis

Darn, I missed this offer! Usually the Woot emails come earlier this day, this time it came after 4pm...

Oh well, this deal didn't include the Barely Buzzed cheese, which is still my favorite.

chipgreen

quality posts: 290 Private Messages chipgreen

Arriving tomorrow, as promised

coynedj

No sign of mine yet - I hope it's there when I get home after work!

edit - checked my "stuff you bought" page and it's not expected here until late next week.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

chipgreen

coynedj wrote:No sign of mine yet - I hope it's there when I get home after work!

edit - checked my "stuff you bought" page and it's not expected here until late next week.

Weird... got mine in OH that is farther from UT than SD. Never did get a shipping notification from woot and no tracking number in my order history even though this arrived yesterday.

The crostinis got a little beat up during transit....

coynedj

chipgreen wrote:Weird... got mine in OH that is farther from UT than SD. Never did get a shipping notification from woot and no tracking number in my order history even though this arrived yesterday.

The crostinis got a little beat up during transit....

Mine did arrive, with cold packs and still cool to the touch. And the crostini survived the trip as well.

All is good - I have top-notch cheese, and I know a place where I can get good wine to go with it. :-)

chipgreen

coynedj wrote:Mine did arrive, with cold packs and still cool to the touch. And the crostini survived the trip as well.

All is good - I have top-notch cheese, and I know a place where I can get good wine to go with it. :-)

Haha, yep! I was upset at the time for being forced to get the Crostinis with the cheese but decided to go for it and really like them even though they got broken up a little.

Interestingly, my order history still shows "preparing for shipment".

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat

Mine shows as being delivered today but I found nothing - no packages, no notice, nada. And no packages at any of my neighbors homes. Wait! There's Homework??

chipgreen

annwat wrote:Mine shows as being delivered today but I found nothing - no packages, no notice, nada. And no packages at any of my neighbors homes. Wait! There's Homework??

Received mine 2 weeks ago and just got a shipment notification today followed shortly thereafter by a delivered notice. Brilliant!