WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Amoré Ardente Somemoré

We're not as dumb as we look. Sure, we take questionable chances around here all the time - but we also know a sure thing when we see it. So here's yet another splash of Ardente Estate Winery instant classics for our crowd's pleasure. Fortunately for us, you don't have to be a genius to know this sale will be a hit.
Ardente Estate Winery official site

Cesare

quality posts: 2277 Private Messages Cesare

Amoré Ardente Somemoré

Ardente Estate Winery Mixed (6)
$114.99 $̶2̶8̶9̶.̶0̶0̶ 60% off List Price
1996 Ardente Espressione Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley, Grand Reserva
2006 Ardente Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley, Grande Reserva
2007 Ardente Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley, Grand Reserva

Ardente 1997 Expressione Cabernet Sauvignon (3)
$67.99 $̶1̶4̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 54% off List Price
1997 Ardente Espressione Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley

Ardente 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon (3)
$57.99 $̶1̶4̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 61% off List Price
2006 Ardente Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley, Grande Reserva

Ardente 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon (3)
$57.99 $̶1̶4̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 61% off List Price
2007 Ardente Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley, Grand Reserva

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 284 Private Messages cortot20

So there appears to be a near unlimited supply of this, and I have never had one. Should I jump on it at this point or should I be the anti-fred.

CT

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 62 Private Messages fredrinaldi
Cesare wrote:Ardente for Fred

I'm down to 37 bottles, perfect timing

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

Is there a typo with this woot plus offer? 1997, 2006 and 2007 are offered in separate lots but the mixed lot offers 1996, 2006 and 2007.

It doesn't really matter since I live in Tennessee and Tennessee ain't got no wine buying 'bility.

LAST PURCHASE: 2013 Wellington Victory Reserve and 2013 Woot Cellars Revelry

2016: 18 bottles
2015: 65 bottles
2014: 0 bottles (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)
2013: 183 bottles
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 69 Private Messages jmdavidson
fredrinaldi wrote:I'm down to 37 bottles, perfect timing

As an ardente officianado, how about a few tasting notes? I'm kind of on the fence as to what to buy.

Have you been decanting these and if so for how long?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 253 Private Messages kylemittskus

Getting an aged wine (the 1997) for this price of this quality is pretty amazing. It's really delicious and well worth the very reasonable price, IMO.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

nathanbsmith wrote:Is there a typo with this woot plus offer? 1997, 2006 and 2007 are offered in separate lots but the mixed lot offers 1996, 2006 and 2007.

It doesn't really matter since I live in Tennessee and Tennessee ain't got no wine buying 'bility.

I'd like an answer to this also. I may be interested in the 6 pack and maybe splitting it with someone? MAYBE!

chuck718

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chuck718
kylemittskus wrote:Getting an aged wine (the 1997) for this price of this quality is pretty amazing. It's really delicious and well worth the very reasonable price, IMO.

Agreed.

jmdavidson

nathanbsmith wrote:Is there a typo with this woot plus offer? 1997, 2006 and 2007 are offered in separate lots but the mixed lot offers 1996, 2006 and 2007.

The pix and write ups seem to indicate 96 for the multiple offer and 97 for the single offer.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 306 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Double checked. offers are correct as displayed.

thanks,

kylemittskus

Winedavid39 wrote:Double checked. offers are correct as displayed.

thanks,

Hmm...

mibuwolf83

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mibuwolf83

I'm always on the fence about buying Ardente and I've been tempted a couple of times, but I've never pulled the trigger on it.

Everytime I read the description about "Volcanic soils of Atlas Peak", I end up thinking that the wine will taste like a dark roast espresso (don't know why!). For those that have been buying or have been drinking the wine, what's your impression on it?

kylemittskus

mibuwolf83 wrote:I'm always on the fence about buying Ardente and I've been tempted a couple of times, but I've never pulled the trigger on it.

Everytime I read the description about "Volcanic soils of Atlas Peak", I end up thinking that the wine will taste like a dark roast espresso (don't know why!). For those that have been buying or have been drinking the wine, what's your impression on it?

I've only had the '97 and it is, IMO, an easy buy. Look above at how many bottles people have. This stuff is excellent for the price.

nathanbsmith

kylemittskus wrote:I've only had the '97 and it is, IMO, an easy buy. Look above at how many bottles people have. This stuff is excellent for the price.

EDIT:
Mibuwolf83,

These are fantastic wines with excellent QPR. Though I have 5 vintages, I have only consumed 3 of them (1996, 1997 and 2002). I am having company over tomorrow night and we were planning to do a vertical tasting of my five vintages, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2006 and 2007 - still not sure though.

Here are my CT notes:

1996: This is still a wonderfully aged Cabernet Sauvignon by Winemaker Philippe Melka. This was the first estate wine for owner Carlo Di Ruocco which yielded 550 cases. I'm glad I have 5 more bottles of 1996 in my cellar. I decanted the bottle at noon and enjoyed it with a grass fed rib eye, locally grown organic corn and roasted organic broccoli.
Color: Deep brick red with sediment on the neck of the bottle and there was some sediment when my wife and I went back for seconds.
Nose: Cherry Palate: cherry/plum.

Most excellent aged Napa Valley Cab from the Atlas area! brick/purple in color with cherry on the nose. I really enjoyed it on day 1 and day 2, perhaps even better on day 2.

1997: This 16 year old Cab is outstanding. It doesn't disappoint. I'm glad I added another 9 bottles to my cellar on wine.woot.com.
Decanted for 4 hours.
Color: reddish brown
Nose: tobacco, leather and dried cherry. Picked up some licorice toward the end of my first glass.
Taste: tart cherry, earthy with a nice tannin structure and very balanced.

2002: Earthy, ripe flavors of black cherry, blackberry, plum and cassis. This full bodied wine is well balanced with moderate tannins and a long, expansive finish. Another fantastic aged Cab from Ardente.

Unfortunately, Tennessee has been affected by the shipping drama and I can no longer purchase wine from woot. otherwise, I would max out on this offer.

My CT

nathanbsmith

Winedavid39 wrote:Double checked. offers are correct as displayed.

thanks,

This makes this offer even more intriguing... But alas, I cannot but wine here because I live in Tennessee...

My CT

mtnzj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtnzj
nathanbsmith wrote:
I really enjoyed it on day 1 and day 2, perhaps even better on day 2.

Ardente are great aged Cabs. I agree with nathanbsmith that the more air time the better the wine gets. I let my Ardente's decant at least 2 hours before drinking.

kylemittskus

nathanbsmith wrote:kylemittskus,

These are fantastic wines with excellent QPR.

I know; that's what I said!

Which did you prefer between the '96/'97?

fredrinaldi

kylemittskus wrote:I've only had the '97 and it is, IMO, an easy buy. Look above at how many bottles people have. This stuff is excellent for the price.

Yep I have 37 left, but drank at lest 40 oor more, I'd have to go thru my 220 woots to count how many I have bought.
Having my sister, husband, nephew (her youngest ) and his future wife over Sat. Smoked Baby backs and rib eyes, will break out a few and review

loreelu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages loreelu

I'm curious enough to give this a try. I think I tried one of these at a wine tasting, and had a favorable opinion. Unfortunately, I don't take notes. I'm sure glad there are people who do! I'm also happy to live in a state that still makes the list most of the time.

fredrinaldi

loreelu wrote:I'm curious enough to give this a try. I think I tried one of these at a wine tasting, and had a favorable opinion. Unfortunately, I don't take notes. I'm sure glad there are people who do! I'm also happy to live in a state that still makes the list most of the time.

if you dont like it I'll pay for the bottle you tried and take the rest off your hands, this is a great wine for the price.

rc70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rc70
fredrinaldi wrote:if you dont like it I'll pay for the bottle you tried and take the rest off your hands, this is a great wine for the price.

that looks like a quality post to me but I don't have any so what do I know ?
I know I have approx 20 Ardente cabs of various vintages and have enjoyed every one I have had tried and so have my wine drinking buddies. Great QPR I'll be maxing out and telling my buddies to order up.

nathanbsmith

kylemittskus wrote:I know; that's what I said!

Which did you prefer between the '96/'97?

kylemittskus,

My initial reply was intended for Mibuwolf83, not you. I was quickly replying while waiting to board my airplane and made an error. Sorry about that!!

As far as 96 vs 97 - honestly, I don't know which one I like better since I've never consumed them side by side. I still might do a vertical tasting tomorrow night. I'll keep y'all posted...

My CT

dalematthew

quality posts: 28 Private Messages dalematthew

Ah - Ardente. Down to 2 of each vintage - time to add a few more '97s.

loreelu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages loreelu
fredrinaldi wrote:if you dont like it I'll pay for the bottle you tried and take the rest off your hands, this is a great wine for the price.

Makes me think I should by more.

fredrinaldi

nathanbsmith wrote:This makes this offer even more intriguing... But alas, I cannot but wine here because I live in Tennessee...

Nate, good thing you stocked up.

fredrinaldi

based on the post this could be an early sell out, don't wait folks

greyday

quality posts: 61 Private Messages greyday

Screw this, I wrote a pretty full review twice and twice the ipad lost it. Short version: 97 was thin to no body, some rose/floral and light fruit, no aftertaste. Not unpleasant, but definitely wouldn't buy again. 01 and 02 were good, so I'd be curious about the newer vintages.

fredrinaldi

Last Wooter to Woot:fredrinaldi

1) 6 pack + 1) 3 pack of the 97

Buy early folks

jmdavidson

greyday wrote:Screw this, I wrote a pretty full review twice and twice the ipad lost it. Short version: 97 was thin to no body, some rose/floral and light fruit, no aftertaste. Not unpleasant, but definitely wouldn't buy again. 01 and 02 were good, so I'd be curious about the newer vintages.

Hey Grey: did you try one bottle of the '97 or more and if more were they all thin?
Hey Fred: I know you've posted abouting have had alot of these. Did you find the '97 to be thin?

fredrinaldi

jmdavidson wrote:Hey Grey: did you try one bottle of the '97 or more and if more were they all thin?
Hey Fred: I know you've posted abouting have had alot of these. Did you find the '97 to be thin?

Not at all, just bought 3 more.

kylemittskus

fredrinaldi wrote:Not at all, just bought 3 more.

I didn't either. I really want to grab 3 more but I don't think I can.

fredrinaldi

How funny went to put a bottle in the cooler for tonigh and low and behold were 2 2006 bottles already in, so I guess I have 39,

greyday

quality posts: 61 Private Messages greyday
jmdavidson wrote:Hey Grey: did you try one bottle of the '97 or more and if more were they all thin?

I tried at least 2. I bought three of the 97, 01, 02 vertical a while back, and I don't have any of the 97 left, so I think I maybe gave the third away? Can't remember, but I definitely wasn't a fan (I appear to be in the minority on that one).

Nothing against the winery, of course, like I said I quite enjoyed the 01 and 02, and am debating the six pack on the off chance that the 96 is better than the 97 (though I'll probably go with one each of the newer vintages, which will actually cost less for the same amount of juice)...

rwinerr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwinerr

Bought before...but no NY now...Sucs gonna dump woot emails
too frustrating!

jmdavidson

greyday wrote:I tried at least 2. I bought three of the 97, 01, 02 vertical a while back, and I don't have any of the 97 left, so I think I maybe gave the third away? Can't remember, but I definitely wasn't a fan (I appear to be in the minority on that one).

Nothing against the winery, of course, like I said I quite enjoyed the 01 and 02, and am debating the six pack on the off chance that the 96 is better than the 97 (though I'll probably go with one each of the newer vintages, which will actually cost less for the same amount of juice)...

Just curious because I had a bottle of the 97 sent to me for trying just before the first time it was offered. That bottle I think was flawed because the fruit was stewy. After the reviews on this and other posts I'm thinking about getting 3.

kylemittskus

jmdavidson wrote:Just curious because I had a bottle of the 97 sent to me for trying just before the first time it was offered. That bottle I think was flawed because the fruit was stewy. After the reviews on this and other posts I'm thinking about getting 3.

IIRC, there were some bad bottles as described by you and greyday from the original offer.

chipgreen

quality posts: 278 Private Messages chipgreen

I've only tried the '02 but it was excellent. One of the best Cabs I've ever had under $30.

nathanbsmith

fredrinaldi wrote:How funny went to put a bottle in the cooler for tonigh and low and behold were 2 2006 bottles already in, so I guess I have 39,

That's a good problem to have...

My CT

nathanbsmith

The 97 is not at all thin. We had a tasting tonight and opened up 7 bottles of wine, three of which were Ardente (1997, 2002, 2006). I'll post notes tomorrow.

My CT