WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Brooklyn Brine

You haven't had a pickle until you've had a city pickle. A Brooklyn Brine Co. pickle carries with it an exotic elegance that you just can't find in other pickles. Don't deprive yourself any longer! Take a bite of one of these juicy city pickles and learn what everyone's raving about.

Cesare

quality posts: 2279 Private Messages Cesare

Brooklyn Brine

Sweet Pickle Package 12-Pack
$79.99 $̶1̶0̶0̶.̶0̶0̶ 20% off List Price
NYC Deli Pickles, 24 oz
Maple Bourbon Bread & Butter Pickles, 16 oz

Spicy Lovers Package 12-Pack
Damn Spicy Pickles, 24 oz
Spicy Maple Bourbon (Bread and Butter), 16 oz

Medium Spicy Package 12-Pack
Hop-Pickle, 16 oz
Whiskey Sour Pickles, 24 oz

Culinary Favorites Package 12-Pack
Fennel Beets, 16 oz
Chipotle Carrots, 16 oz
Hop-Pickle, 16 oz
Herbed Cauliflower, 16 oz

Sample Plus Package 12-Pack
Maple Bourbon Bread & Butter Pickles, 16 oz
Whiskey Sour Pickles, 24 oz 2-Pack
Hop-Pickle, 16 oz
NYC Deli Pickles, 24 oz 2-Pack
Damn Spicy Pickles, 24 oz 2-Pack
Fennel Beets, 16 oz
Chipotle Carrots, 16 oz
Spicy Maple Bourbon (Bread and Butter), 16 oz
Herbed Cauliflower, 16oz

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

SiliconMage

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SiliconMage

These look good, but I can only justify $20 in pickles.

swmbo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages swmbo

I would jump on these if any of the sets contained all spears, but I wasn't fond of the slices.

The Whiskey Sour in particular was delicious.

sluttylimeade

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sluttylimeade

This is insane. Every time these are offered, everybody wants to try them, but very, very, VERY few are willing to shell out $80 on pickles.

Please start offering these individually or in variety packs consisting of 2-4 jars (no doubles: one-per).

bedinarose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bedinarose

bought the big package last time, good addition to the "Badgers or Chipmunks"

bedinarose

Where's Trollface Hiding?? Badgers or Chipmunks

bedinarose

lol, just don't buy. bad, very bad.

Skanning

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Skanning
sluttylimeade wrote:This is insane. Every time these are offered, everybody wants to try them, but very, very, VERY few are willing to shell out $80 on pickles.

Please start offering these individually or in variety packs consisting of 2-4 jars (no doubles: one-per).

I'll put this very simply: I couldn't agree more. :-)

bdsmonkey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdsmonkey

I bet these are amazing, but I will never know. There is NO WAY I can spend $80 on pickles!! $20 even would be a stretch, Maybe the next time I am in NY I can hunt these down??!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
bdsmonkey wrote:I bet these are amazing, but I will never know. There is NO WAY I can spend $80 on pickles!! $20 even would be a stretch, Maybe the next time I am in NY I can hunt these down??!

These are available in lots of places. Whole Foods here in Austin sells them, so I'm assuming other cities get them as well.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

They are also available at Williams- Sonoma stores, but not at this discount. To see if there is a place near you where you can try one or 2 jars, check out their website.

gfreek12000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gfreek12000

The Fennel Beets are outstanding..

thericochet

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet

Pickle flavor varies amazingly. All it takes is one herb or spice that you absolutely hate and you won't be able to finish the jar, and you'll hate yourself every time you open the fridge and see it staring at you. I've tried a half dozen different imported brands at local ethnic markets and know this from experience. I have no clue what these taste like, so $80 is way too much to gamble. I'm sure they're a premium product, but that doesn't mean I'll automatically like them.

rubysoho

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rubysoho
bdsmonkey wrote:I bet these are amazing, but I will never know. There is NO WAY I can spend $80 on pickles!! $20 even would be a stretch, Maybe the next time I am in NY I can hunt these down??!

I got these on clearance here in Austin at H-E-B or something like that. They were a heck of a lot mushier than I like my pickled vegetables to be, so I wasn't surprised that they were on clearance, just like I'm not surprised to see them being hawked here on woot. However, I am surprised at the $80 price tag. I paid $2/jar and they weren't worth that.

willybbridge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willybbridge

Yeah. Enough with the $80 in pickles. TOO MUCH $$$$$!

joebensimo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joebensimo
sluttylimeade wrote:This is insane. Every time these are offered, everybody wants to try them, but very, very, VERY few are willing to shell out $80 on pickles.

I want the same. I'm not spending $80 for a case of unknown-to-me pickles. I might for wine, but not pickles.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 929 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Maybe split with someone?

Holiday Returns Policy Check out our new FLASH DEALS
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

davide63

quality posts: 4 Private Messages davide63

Time to buy some Burberry and Brooklyn Brine

true559

quality posts: 31 Private Messages true559

For what it's worth, I bought these last time and found them to be lacking in crunchiness and overpowered by apple cider vinegar. Not my cup of tea.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 62 Private Messages fredrinaldi
true559 wrote:For what it's worth, I bought these last time and found them to be lacking in crunchiness and overpowered by apple cider vinegar. Not my cup of tea.

Pickels by default HAVE TO BE CRISP and snap in half. IMHO

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Hmm. The Sample Plus package looks to be the best "deal" with the best variety... but still too much unknown. Love me some deli pickles, hate me some bread & butter, so there's no way I'd shell out that kinda cash.

And really, 6 jars each? I mean, I know, they're pickles, they have a long shelf life... but 6 jars? of Each? Yikes.

Maybe I'll just take a drive to Brooklyn and find them at the source. A jar. One. Maybe 2.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Keckritz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keckritz

I find that $80 for these Pickles is EASY to justify.

A decent jar of pickles at a local store for me is $5.

These are a craft food that has been a collaboration effort between masters of their crafts. Such as Dogfish brewery, it's a top notch brewery and internationally known for their craft beer is a simple way to say it.

These pickles are famous and have been nationally published in newspaper.

Furthermore I see that a large part of the disagreement with the price in this forum is from people who are not interested in pickles as it's not a typical Wine tasting food. After all this is "Wine Woot".

If this deal was presented to connoisseur of beer or whiskey I would guess it would sell more.

I'm buying and will be an excellent Holiday present to friends, after all it's right around the corner.

North316

quality posts: 108 Private Messages North316
Keckritz wrote:I find that $80 for these Pickles is EASY to justify.

A decent jar of pickles at a local store for me is $5.

These are a craft food that has been a collaboration effort between masters of their crafts. Such as Dogfish brewery, it's a top notch brewery and internationally known for their craft beer is a simple way to say it.

These pickles are famous and have been nationally published in newspaper.

Furthermore I see that a large part of the disagreement with the price in this forum is from people who are not interested in pickles as it's not a typical Wine tasting food. After all this is "Wine Woot".

If this deal was presented to connoisseur of beer or whiskey I would guess it would sell more.

I'm buying and will be an excellent Holiday present to friends, after all it's right around the corner.

So...you're hyping them up so that your holiday gifts have more value, not because you have no problem spending $7 on a jar of pickles to consume yourself, which don't have that many favorable reviews?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

shintojuunana

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shintojuunana

I bought these during one of the Woot sales, and thought they were very tasty. In fact, I am thinking about buying some more, but these seriously need to be sold in smaller packs. I am having a hard time justifying $80 for pickles, and I know I'll eat them.

Keckritz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keckritz
North316 wrote:So...you're hyping them up so that your holiday gifts have more value, not because you have no problem spending $7 on a jar of pickles to consume yourself, which don't have that many favorable reviews?

...Maybe? I don't know the shelf life of them, but possibly I will gift half of the jars. And I WILL enjoy my $7 jar of pickles myself.

I have read actual publication reviews on these pickles, not unhappy/undecided internet forum members' reviews. These pickles are revered in the highest regards!

North316

quality posts: 108 Private Messages North316
Keckritz wrote:...Maybe? I don't know the shelf life of them, but possibly I will gift half of the jars. And I WILL enjoy my $7 jar of pickles myself.

I have read actual publication reviews on these pickles, not unhappy/undecided internet forum members' reviews. These pickles are revered in the highest regards!

So paid reviewers trying to increase sales of their publications are more realiable then real-world people who are posting honest opinions? Do you have an 'I "heart" Robert Parker' bumper sticker on your car?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013