WootBot


quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Vino Noceto Sangiovese (4)

Speed to First Woot:
2m 25.882s
First Sucker:
tytiger58
Last Wooter to Woot:
molarchae
Last Purchase:
4 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 39% of Wine Woots
Bottom 46% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 13% of Wine Woots
Top 22% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 2% first woot
  • 3% second woot
  • 12% < 10 woots
  • 20% < 25 woots
  • 63% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 2% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 9% one year old
  • 88% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 73% bought 1
  • 17% bought 2
  • 9% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

7%
2%
1%
0%
1%
2%
3%
9%
9%
9%
6%
7%
6%
6%
3%
4%
3%
2%
3%
3%
3%
3%
4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 2173 Private Messages Cesare

Vino Noceto 2009 Sangiovese 4-Pack
$49.99 (Normally $88.50*) 44% off List Price
2009 Noceto Sangiovese, Amador County
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer: 8/17/11

  • Every winery needs a separate license from each state which is why your state isn't listed.
  • *Now Includes winery srp, (lowest) sales tax and shipping.
  • -il Cesare
    Sole Absolute Triple
    Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
    “In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

    tytiger58


    quality posts: 79 Private Messages tytiger58

    I was just asking for this...thanks guys!

    What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

    “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




    cmaldoon


    quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
    Cesare wrote:Vino Noceto 2009 Sangiovese 4-Pack
    $49.99 (Normally $88.50*) 44% off List Price
    2009 Noceto Sangiovese, Amador County
    CT link above

    Winery website

    Previous offer: 8/17/11
  • Every winery needs a separate license from each state which is why your state isn't listed.
  • *Now Includes winery srp, (lowest) sales tax and shipping.


  • Cesare- it includes a LOW estimate of shipping MINUS $5 I believe

    2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
    Last purchase: 5/3/14

    2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
    My Cellar

    worldofjohnboy


    quality posts: 79 Private Messages worldofjohnboy

    Don't forget to like them on Facebook Vino Noceto

    This for me personally is my favorite wine. I always purchase this on Woot and was very tempted to become a wine club member. Their reserve sangio is really good, and they have a fantastic Zin. Since I'm out, and it was my birthday recently, I think I will be in for two!

    "Every man dies... not every man truly lives." -William Wallace (from the movie Braveheart)

    cortot20


    quality posts: 276 Private Messages cortot20
    worldofjohnboy wrote:Don't forget to like them on Facebook Vino Noceto

    This for me personally is my favorite wine. I always purchase this on Woot and was very tempted to become a wine club member. Their reserve sangio is really good, and they have a fantastic Zin. Since I'm out, and it was my birthday recently, I think I will be in for two!



    hes alive.


    hadn't seen you post in quite some time.

    CT

    gwg66


    quality posts: 2 Private Messages gwg66

    Nice to see this offered again...thanks WD! In for 1...

    Vino Noceto Sangiovese (4)
    Speed to First Woot: 2m 24.772s
    First Sucker: tytiger58
    Last Wooter to Woot: gwg66
    Last Purchase: 8 minutes ago

    HitAnyKey42


    quality posts: 32 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

    Looks like I'm going to have to max out on this one. My parents really enjoy this one too, and I had told them I would get a bunch next time they are up. I'll probably just ship a whole case to them and then just pull out a couple bottles for myself.

    My Cellar
    In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
    NYC Tastings

    paragua


    quality posts: 2 Private Messages paragua

    Nice to see my pals in Wisconsin and Iowa are big on Cal-Itals.

    troman1056


    quality posts: 2 Private Messages troman1056

    Always buy the max here. Great wine and serve it whenever we have people over and they love it also.

    pengu1n


    quality posts: 14 Private Messages pengu1n

    First buy in over a year. Missed their one last year, and I am running low. Used to be a Big Nut until the wife decided to be a stay at home mom. Now the wine budget is less than it was, but always room for steals like this one.

    vaaccess


    quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess

    Agreed. I am currently out of Vino Noceto and honestly it makes my cellar feel like it lost a limb. Having a solid option for a Sangio is critical and Vino Noceto has been my go-to for quite some time. Excited to see it on here again!!!

    pengu1n wrote:First buy in over a year. Missed their one last year, and I am running low. Used to be a Big Nut until the wife decided to be a stay at home mom. Now the wine budget is less than it was, but always room for steals like this one.



    Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 56% of Capacity

    My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

    jgiannon


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgiannon

    No Connecticut, I would have been all over this, too bad.

    billyum


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages billyum

    In for 2 thanks to all the rave reviews in discussion.

    gastrognome


    quality posts: 4 Private Messages gastrognome

    In the minority, clearly, but was not impressed with my previous purchase. Sitting this one out.

    buckeye566


    quality posts: 2 Private Messages buckeye566
    worldofjohnboy wrote:Don't forget to like them on Facebook Vino Noceto

    This for me personally is my favorite wine. I always purchase this on Woot and was very tempted to become a wine club member. Their reserve sangio is really good, and they have a fantastic Zin. Since I'm out, and it was my birthday recently, I think I will be in for two!



    Happy Birthday! It's mine as well. I had the same thought, buy myself a little present. Love, Love, Love the Noceto!

    jared465


    quality posts: 4 Private Messages jared465

    Absolutely in for one. Love this wine, i find it to be a fantastic value. If it was a mix of 2 and maybe 2 reservera, i would probably be in for at least 2. We are down to 1 bottle of Vino Noceto, so good timing once again woot!

    kylemittskus


    quality posts: 248 Private Messages kylemittskus

    Yeah. I'm in on this.

    Been a long time since VN has been here. I'd like to do two, but I'm supposed to be on a SIWBM. This will make 8 bottles this month.

    "If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

    "Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

    North316


    quality posts: 108 Private Messages North316

    From the sounds of it, I don't really have a choice here do I?

    I love me some sangio, the last three vintages have consistent 88+ CT scores, priced right in my wheelhouse, everyone always asks about these guys....yeah I am in.

    Edit: Only drawback I see is that the label is pretty damn ugly.

    My CT
    "Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
    R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

    North316


    quality posts: 108 Private Messages North316

    So for all of you VN pro's, is this a drink now wine, or should I cellar for a little bit?

    My CT
    "Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
    R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

    jsp872


    quality posts: 22 Private Messages jsp872

    can someone help me understand the pricing?? on their website this sells for $18 a bottle, which for four of them makes $72, i know shipping isnt included in the pricig but is this really a 44% saving like it states??

    inkycatz


    quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
    buckeye566 wrote:Happy Birthday! It's mine as well. I had the same thought, buy myself a little present. Love, Love, Love the Noceto!



    Happy birthday to the birthday folks up in this thread!

    I'm just hanging out, really.

    RustyF


    quality posts: 11 Private Messages RustyF
    North316 wrote:So for all of you VN pro's, is this a drink now wine, or should I cellar for a little bit?


    That is a great question that I get asked all the time, I think that this wine is drinking well right now with nice bright forward fruit, it will also age out well it just depends on how young or old you like your wine

    Rusty

    gwg66


    quality posts: 2 Private Messages gwg66
    inkycatz wrote:Happy birthday to the birthday folks up in this thread!



    Thanks! =) Speaking of birthdays....am I the only one who seems to be getting no love on the free 'woot birthday' shipping code from service@woot.com? I have sent two different emails since August (July was my woot birthday month) and still - no code. =( My humble apologies in advance if there was a big post elsewhere saying due to the merger with Amazon all future coupons are cancelled, or something to that effect?

    slm9951


    quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

    quote postid="5206463" user="gwg66"]Thanks! =) Speaking of birthdays....am I the only one who seems to be getting no love on the free 'woot birthday' shipping code from service@woot.com? I have sent two different emails since August (July was my woot birthday month) and still - no code. =( My humble apologies in advance if there was a big post elsewhere saying due to the merger with Amazon all future coupons are cancelled, or something to that effect?[/quote]
    This is my birthday month and the first birthday with Woot. Is there something I should know that I have missed regarding birthdays,hmmmmm?

    North316


    quality posts: 108 Private Messages North316
    jsp872 wrote:can someone help me understand the pricing?? on their website this sells for $18 a bottle, which for four of them makes $72, i know shipping isnt included in the pricig but is this really a 44% saving like it states??



    The 44% is based on the list price of $88 shown, which includes the wine ($72 as you stated) plus estimated taxes and shipping (to SoCal) if ordered from the winery directly (less $5 which is woot shipping price). I don't agree with the new list-price method, but it is what is I guess and it appears my disagreement is in the minority.

    My CT
    "Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
    R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

    North316


    quality posts: 108 Private Messages North316
    slm9951 wrote:quote postid="5206463" user="gwg66"]Thanks! =) Speaking of birthdays....am I the only one who seems to be getting no love on the free 'woot birthday' shipping code from service@woot.com? I have sent two different emails since August (July was my woot birthday month) and still - no code. =( My humble apologies in advance if there was a big post elsewhere saying due to the merger with Amazon all future coupons are cancelled, or something to that effect?


    This is my birthday month and the first birthday with Woot. Is there something I should know that I have missed regarding birthdays,hmmmmm?[/quote]

    Birthday coupons were stopped like 2 years ago. Though for full disclosure, I never even got one when they were given out.

    My CT
    "Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
    R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

    gwg66


    quality posts: 2 Private Messages gwg66
    North316 wrote:Birthday coupons were stopped like 2 years ago. Though for full disclosure, I never even got one when they were given out.



    Collective wisdom wins again..., thanks North316. I swear I received one in 2011, but it could have easily been that I last received one in 2010. Thanks for letting me know. Much obliged.

    Winedavid39


    quality posts: 294 Private Messages Winedavid39

    Guest Blogger

    jared465 wrote:Absolutely in for one. Love this wine, i find it to be a fantastic value. If it was a mix of 2 and maybe 2 reservera, i would probably be in for at least 2. We are down to 1 bottle of Vino Noceto, so good timing once again woot!



    Agreed. Suzy is one of my favorites and a real trooper. Vino Noceto represents sangiovese in California.

    chipgreen


    quality posts: 271 Private Messages chipgreen
    Winedavid39 wrote:Agreed. Suzy is one of my favorites and a real trooper. Vino Noceto represents sangiovese in California.



    Sold! Now off to + for some of that Broc Grenache

    pengu1n


    quality posts: 14 Private Messages pengu1n
    RustyF wrote:That is a great question that I get asked all the time, I think that this wine is drinking well right now with nice bright forward fruit, it will also age out well it just depends on how young or old you like your wine

    Rusty



    I'm 100% sure this is the wine maker Rusty, just in case the others reading this thread didn't know that. I had my last 2006 Riserva a few weeks ago and it was awesome! Have a few of the Normales from the last couple years hanging around still so I am looking forward to seeing what 2009 is like.

    jeepers171


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeepers171

    I am so excited to see Vino Noceto on Woot - they are my favorite winery by far. I have never been disappointed with any of their wines. Can't wait for my bottles of sangiovese!!

    InFrom


    quality posts: 43 Private Messages InFrom
    gwg66 wrote:Collective wisdom wins again..., thanks North316. I swear I received one in 2011, but it could have easily been that I last received one in 2010. Thanks for letting me know. Much obliged.



    No need to swear! I got one last year, but not without asking (nicely). It was a year ago this month.

    klezman


    quality posts: 157 Private Messages klezman

    Highly tempted to make this my 100th woot, but 4 bottles are hard to store right now. I'd be in if it was 2 each normale and riserva, but at 4 normale it's not as clear to me. Hmmm...

    2016: 47 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Reserve Zin
    2015: 107 bottles, 2014: 57 bottles, 2013: 66, 2012: 91, 2011: 92, 2010: 74, 2009: 30, 2008: 3 My CT

    Synos10


    quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10
    gastrognome wrote:In the minority, clearly, but was not impressed with my previous purchase. Sitting this one out.



    Going to have to agree here. I was less than impressed last time I ordered. Felt that the wine tasted somewhat muted and had little tannin (the latter may matter for the preference of some).

    May have just been an off shipment though, seeing all the other reviews.

    gwg66


    quality posts: 2 Private Messages gwg66
    InFrom wrote:No need to swear! I got one last year, but not without asking (nicely). It was a year ago this month.



    Indeed. Sorry, no more swearing from my side. =) So I looked into my email history and I too after asking politely (but persistently - 3 email exchanges over 2 months) did receive a 2011 woot birthday code. So I guess the question is...should I continue to ask politely in 2012 or should I just fugetaboutit?

    SmilingBoognish


    quality posts: 51 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
    North316 wrote:I don't agree with the new list-price method, but it is what is I guess and it appears my disagreement is in the minority.



    I don't necessarily love it, but am happy that Wine.Woot is not trying to hide it.

    On another note, Vino Noceto makes some fine Sangiovese. It's decidedly Californian and in no way Brunello or "gallo nero", but is a terrific expression of what this varietal can do in California.

    jawlz


    quality posts: 13 Private Messages jawlz

    In my experience, Vino Noceto has been one of the most consistently good wines on woot and has always represented a real deal in the quality that you're getting for your money. In for 2.

    JimofNoceto


    quality posts: 23 Private Messages JimofNoceto

    Good morning, Sometime when you're nearby, please visit. I'd like to bury a Noceto Sangiovese with a couple of my favorite Chianti Classico's or perhaps a 5 year old Dos Oakies with a Brunello or four. Then, we can have some real fun! Jim, founder of Vino Noceto

    SmilingBoognish wrote:I don't necessarily love it, but am happy that Wine.Woot is not trying to hide it.

    On another note, Vino Noceto makes some fine Sangiovese. It's decidedly Californian and in no way Brunello or "gallo nero", but is a terrific expression of what this varietal can do in California.



    JimofNoceto


    quality posts: 23 Private Messages JimofNoceto

    In July we did a public, vertical tasting of 21 vintages of Noceto Sangiovese in the tasting room. Remarkably, nothing was completely undrinkable, even the very light 1992 and extremely difficult 1998. So, in reply to how long should one age these wines, it's a preference issue. At my father-in-laws 97 birthday two years ago, we had a magnum of the first vintage, 1990. At the end of the evening only 2 inches was left by a pretty wine savy wine crowd. Our best balanced wines -- 1994 and 1997 from the custom crush years and most "produced and bottled" in our own facility starting in 1999 -- show well for at least 6-8 years. But, they are designed for consumption with food in the 2-5 year range. Jim, founder of Vino Noceto

    pengu1n wrote:I'm 100% sure this is the wine maker Rusty, just in case the others reading this thread didn't know that. I had my last 2006 Riserva a few weeks ago and it was awesome! Have a few of the Normales from the last couple years hanging around still so I am looking forward to seeing what 2009 is like.