2009 Raised by Wolves, Walla Walla Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
1/25/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

raisedbywolves

quality posts: 34 Private Messages raisedbywolves

Hey Wooters, We're back and thanks for checking in tonight! Any questions please let me know.

OoWillz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages OoWillz
Cesare wrote:Raised by Wolves Washington Cabernet Sauvignon 6-Pack
$99.99 (Normally $204.00) 51% off List Price

I respectfully waited for Cesare so he can get first post. I wonder if everyone shares the same sentiments or if his posts get bumped up.

Is there any feedback on this? It looks familiar (I think there was a previous offering), and I am running out of Cabs.

w00tgurl

quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl

the label reminds me of a Tribe Called Quest album cover

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed

blaze1984

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blaze1984

Begrudgingly in for one. Damn, just when I was starting to make a dent in my wine stash... At least this will hold up for a while.

qqrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qqrl

Are these drinking now or are they headed for the cellar?

raisedbywolves

qqrl wrote:Are these drinking now or are they headed for the cellar?

It's drinking phenomal this spring and seems to be getting better with each season.

mkorona

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mkorona
qqrl wrote:Are these drinking now or are they headed for the cellar?

Bought the two pack when it was offered a few months ago. Opened up one of the bottles about a month ago- don't recall a whole lot so probably not giving great rattage, but it definitely tasted VERY young- could have definitely benefited from decanting that night, and I decided I would leave the second bottle for a while. I am not at much of a cellaring stage in my life so not sure how long that will be, but my suggestion is to cellar this cab. I do recall it being drinkable still and I have no regrets about buying, but will pass on this offer.

I will also note though that while I consider cabs to be my favorie varietal, I am a Cali cab drinker and this was my first experience with a Washington wine so that may have also impacted my opinion.

stratma

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stratma

My tasting notes say this wine is young yet very good now. A bit of variation between bottles. But that could be due to not letting it settle long enough after shipping. The most important note to me is the "Buy More" note. "Let some age and drink some now"

dianefreda

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dianefreda
stratma wrote:My tasting notes say this wine is young yet very good now. A bit of variation between bottles. But that could be due to not letting it settle long enough after shipping. The most important note to me is the "Buy More" note. "Let some age and drink some now"

I have the same note on my sheet-so I have to "buy more"-going to call a friend to split though getting rather crowded at our house.

dianefreda

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dianefreda
dianefreda wrote:I have the same note on my sheet-so I have to "buy more"-going to call a friend to split though getting rather crowded at our house.

I also forgot to note that when Mill jumps in on a previous offer you know it was good.

rlmanzo

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rlmanzo

This wine is superb; allowed to breathe for an hour or two the bouquet will make you say:

"Napa Valley? Do they make cabernet there? Walla Walla is the place!"

I was pleasantly surprised by this wine. Full mouthfeel and long finish. One of my best Woot purchases to date.

I'm in for the max...

Is it broke or just fractured?

jmdavidson

quality posts: 68 Private Messages jmdavidson
dianefreda wrote:I also forgot to note that when Mill jumps in on a previous offer you know it was good.

Yes. He was the first wooter on the last offer and was the first on this one. Talk about a silent endorsement.

vannknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vannknight

Got this last time it was offered. Love it, getting more.

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by how good this is. In for two.

trevindalton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trevindalton

I would just add that I originally had this about 9 months ago from Lot 18 and it was unbelievable. Had to go in for 6. If you like Dunham or L'Ecole 41 cab, you have to jump on this stuff.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 62 Private Messages fredrinaldi
OoWillz wrote:I respectfully waited for Cesare so he can get first post. I wonder if everyone shares the same sentiments or if his posts get bumped up.

Is there any feedback on this? It looks familiar (I think there was a previous offering), and I am running out of Cabs.

for me "auto Buy"

fredrinaldi

raisedbywolves wrote:It's drinking phenomal this spring and seems to be getting better with each season.

Last offer I believe was my birthday Dec27th, went golfing that morning and was sold out when I got to woot. You guys were kind enough to set me up with a case after I pleaded here, I'll never forget that and will be a loyal buyer from here on out.
thanks again

fredrinaldi

Hey woot gods, my orders been processing about 5 minutes, don't leave me out of this offer

Went thru

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane

First new format purchase...wonder if it will effect the taste? I am thrilled that my fed-x guy, that delivers to my home address, calls me to see where I am and brings it to my office, or I meet him somewhere...like a dream come true!

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

junkyfungus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages junkyfungus
w00tgurl wrote:the label reminds me of a Tribe Called Quest album cover

LOL, I was thinking the same thing

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

Decisions, decisions... not *wether* to buy, but *how much* to buy.

I bought this during the last offering, and it is one of my most favorite woot purchases and discoveries, along with Scott Harvey's Inzinerator, out of a dozen wine woots in the last few months. As others have said, it's a complex fruity unusual Cab at the beginning of it's drinking window, which should only get better for another five years.

For me this QPR hits a perfect sweet spot: not too expensive to serve as a daily drinker, but interesting and deep enough for a special dinner or a nice gift.

If I had infinite cellar space and budget I would buy three. As I already have three bottles from last time and finite space and budget, I am in for two.

In for 2!

junkyfungus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages junkyfungus

In for one. I've been turned into a real wino. Before I discovered woot, I never even drank wine. Now I just need some bath salts to complete the process. I little wine with your face.

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
blakewoot wrote:...one of my most favorite woot purchases and discoveries, along with Scott Harvey's Inzinerator...

I think it was my above mention of Inzinerator which caused the Woot gods to offer a 3L bottle of it just moments later!

...which I now cannot afford, because I spend all my allowance on Raised By Wolves Cab!

Aaargh!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 76 Private Messages losthighwayz

Anyone have specific tasting notes? Does this drink like a $40 napa cab? I kow prices are somewhat skewed but one can get a ballpark figure on what a wine is worth. Finally, whatis the case production? Tempted though i shoukdnt be buying.

"The older I get the better I was"

raisedbywolves

losthighwayz wrote:Anyone have specific tasting notes? Does this drink like a $40 napa cab? I kow prices are somewhat skewed but one can get a ballpark figure on what a wine is worth. Finally, whatis the case production? Tempted though i shoukdnt be buying.

560 cases.

true559

quality posts: 30 Private Messages true559

Would love to get my hands on this vino but alas, I will be gone on vacation for some time, so no can do.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 249 Private Messages kylemittskus
losthighwayz wrote:Anyone have specific tasting notes? Does this drink like a $40 napa cab? I kow prices are somewhat skewed but one can get a ballpark figure on what a wine is worth. Finally, whatis the case production? Tempted though i shoukdnt be buying.

A common theme through all of the comments, both in this thread and the previous threads, is QPR (quality to price ratio). Long story short: from the comments, this wine drinks above its price-point.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

raisedbywolves

Youthfully disciplined, this young Cabernet will stand up with the big boys. Huge aromatics on nose expressing roasted black cherries and wet cobblestones offering a robust structure and a full finish with dark plum, white pepper and cigar. Definitely, showcasing a beautiful blend of fruit and earth a true characteristics of Walla Walla Vineyards.

Appellation: Walla Walla Valley
Vineyards: Lowden Hills, Walla Walla 40%
7 Hills Vineyards, Walla Walla 60%
Barrel Ageing: 20 Months American Oak (40% new)
Cases Produced: 560 Cases
Retail Price: $34.00

neilfindswine

quality posts: 174 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

kylemittskus wrote:A common theme through all of the comments, both in this thread and the previous threads, is QPR (quality to price ratio). Long story short: from the comments, this wine drinks above its price-point.

+1

I report to winedavid39...

bradsbabe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradsbabe

Other than all my Scott Harvey purchases, this has been one of my most favorite buys! So incredibly bummed I am cash-poor this week!

fredrinaldi

just purchased another, couldn't do that in the "old" wine woot, Nice !!!

manny651

quality posts: 1 Private Messages manny651

I bought this the last time woot had the half-case, and have to say it has been my favorite wine woot purchase, so I just bought another half-case today, even though I have way too much wine at home. This is not a Napa cab and will not taste like one.
I did put my tasting note in CT for this which was: "Excellent cab, great dark berry and smoky nose and palate. Very smooth and beautifully integrated tannins, with a good long finish. Really good now, but with potential to evolve over the next few years."

nebulocity

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nebulocity

After pressing the large yellow button to confirm my order I got another error page. It appears my order went through based on my order history.

Did anyone else have this problem?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
nebulocity wrote:After pressing the large yellow button to confirm my order I got another error page. It appears my order went through based on my order history.

Did anyone else have this problem?

What kind of error?

I'm just hanging out, really.

hcnate

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hcnate

I bought it the first time (2 pack) and the second time (6 pack).

This is worth the money, bar none. You can't find a Walla Walla Cab anywhere near this price.

wino1978

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wino1978

Bought the 2 pack last time and loved it. Auto buy on this one.

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

Got the half-case last time and am rolling in my grave because i can't do another this go. It's the stony/mineral flavors that make me want to hug this bottle.

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
balisane wrote:Got the half-case last time and am rolling in my grave because i can't do another this go. It's the stony/mineral flavors that make me want to hug this bottle.

You can hug the bottle anyway. We won't tell.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 197 Private Messages ROGETRAY
inkycatz wrote:You can hug the bottle anyway. We won't tell.