Wine Folly 'Basic Wine Guide' 18 x 24" Poster
Sold by: Wine Country Accessories
Sale Price: $29.99 (Includes Shipping)
List Price: $41.00 (Includes Shipping)
Discount: 27% off List Price

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

scottnorwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottnorwood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2rVcxkbIQc

mediumsizedgiantant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mediumsizedgiantant

$30 for a 18x24 poster???

It's a printed piece of paper, right? Did I miss the part where it come with some actual wine?

modi123

quality posts: 21 Private Messages modi123
mediumsizedgiantant wrote:$30 for a 18x24 poster???

It's a printed piece of paper, right? Did I miss the part where it come with some actual wine?

The actual company's printing is $34. Daaaaamn.

https://shop.winefolly.com/collections/posters/products/basic-wine-guide

Betta koix15(2017)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

It's the quality of the printing and the paper.

18" x 24" Full Color Offset Lithograph Print
Light-Fast Resilient Soy-Based Inks w/UV Coating
High Gloss Stencil Highlighting Wine Colors
80# Text Pearlescent Super-Bright Paper
Natural pigments – mica-coated – no foils or metals.
FSC® certified
SFI® Certified Sourcing
Elemental Chlorine Free (ECF) Virgin Fiber
Acid-free for increased longevity and performance.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

davevpi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages davevpi

Is it vegan and gluten-free?

banhuat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banhuat

If you were a real wine connoisseur you would not need it and if you were a lay person you would get a book and not show the poster as a sign of inadequacies

whatawhiner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages whatawhiner

A $30 poster aimed at oenophiles containing information that any oenophile would already know.

At least slap a cheap frame on it.

toddlamp

quality posts: 7 Private Messages toddlamp

I just took a screenshot of the preview pics. Now I don't need to buy

grantrobison

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grantrobison

There is a pretty glaring mistake in the color row. It has 'Pale Gold' listed twice. The first one should be 'Platinum Yellow' as you can see in this correct version on the Wine Folly website.

Sorry, $30 for misprinted posters isn't a great deal. This is pretty shady in my opinion...

synapses11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages synapses11
ThunderThighs wrote:It's the quality of the printing and the paper.

18" x 24" Full Color Offset Lithograph Print
FSC® certified
SFI® Certified Sourcing

Still doesn't even come close to justifying the price you charge.

mulletman420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mulletman420

Actually thinking about buying this, but first had to join the discussion to say they didn’t put HD photos so when I pull up the poster I can’t even tell what it says lol. Maybe they did this so they could sell shady mis-prints as the guy above states. Shame Amazon(woot) shame! Also this is not a deal. Please bring back deals, don’t sell misprint wine posters for an insane amount.

***update edit*** check wine folly website it is listed for 34$ and the pictures are just as piss poor quality as on woot. Someone send them a refurbished open box go pro to snap a pic with. Really unfortunate as the book looks cool, maybe sell that for a deal.

lisadieuberfrau

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisadieuberfrau
grantrobison wrote:There is a pretty glaring mistake in the color row. It has 'Pale Gold' listed twice. The first one should be 'Platinum Yellow' as you can see in this correct version on the Wine Folly website.

Sorry, $30 for misprinted posters isn't a great deal. This is pretty shady in my opinion...

WOW... great catch! The posters are misprints or "seconds" and that is NOT shown on the listing. Wouldn't be the first time though, that I thought I was purchasing a "new" product on Woot! and it was actually a "second" item with flaws. I'm interested to hear from Woot! if the ones they are selling are, in fact, the misprints or if it's just old pictures being used in the listing??

ThunderThighs

Staff

mulletman420 wrote:Actually thinking about buying this, but first had to join the discussion to say they didn’t put HD photos so when I pull up the poster I can’t even tell what it says lol. Maybe they did this so they could sell shady mis-prints as the guy above states. Shame Amazon(woot) shame! Also this is not a deal. Please bring back deals, don’t sell misprint wine posters for an insane amount.

***update edit*** check wine folly website it is listed for 34$ and the pictures are just as piss poor quality as on woot. Someone send them a refurbished open box go pro to snap a pic with. Really unfortunate as the book looks cool, maybe sell that for a deal.

They don't put HD photos up there because there are a lot of nefarious people out there that would copy it and sell it.

The poster you receive will be high quality.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

grantrobison wrote:There is a pretty glaring mistake in the color row. It has 'Pale Gold' listed twice. The first one should be 'Platinum Yellow' as you can see in this correct version on the Wine Folly website.

You will receive the latest version of the poster. We're not selling seconds.

winefolly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winefolly
mulletman420 wrote:Actually thinking about buying this, but first had to join the discussion to say they didn’t put HD photos so when I pull up the poster I can’t even tell what it says lol. Maybe they did this so they could sell shady mis-prints as the guy above states. Shame Amazon(woot) shame! Also this is not a deal. Please bring back deals, don’t sell misprint wine posters for an insane amount.

Hi there!

The print you will receive is super high resolution. The reason the images are not high resolution is to help prevent stolen artwork. We've had our designs stolen in the past, so if someone tries to steal it now, they won't be able to print in high resolution.

Ben @ Wine Folly

winefolly

toddlamp wrote:I just took a screenshot of the preview pics. Now I don't need to buy

Well now, aren't you clever. =)

-Ben

winefolly

davevpi wrote:Is it vegan and gluten-free?

Yes, and yes. Though, I don't recommend eating it...but hey, who am I to tell you what to do.

-Ben

winefolly

Well, err... I don't mean to be nit picky, but it's $29.99. So, while it doesn't come with actual wine, now you have an extra penny you didn't think you had, and if you add one dollar and ninety-nine cents to that penny, you could get yourself some 2-buck chuck!

CHEERS! =D

-Ben

winefolly

scottnorwood wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2rVcxkbIQc

That is an awesome clip of Tom Hanks. I truly appreciate you for sharing that.

<3

-Ben

jgood642

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgood642

Seems like a lot for a poster, but Madeline on their YouTube channel is hilarious! (Watch the one on the chocolate shop wine) So I'm buying one because I got a good laugh today and look forward to learning more about why I like the wine I do. Thanks winefolly.

winefolly

jgood642 wrote:Seems like a lot for a poster, but Madeline on their YouTube channel is hilarious! (Watch the one on the chocolate shop wine) So I'm buying one because I got a good laugh today and look forward to learning more about why I like the wine I do. Thanks winefolly.

You sir (or madam - you never know on these forums), just made Madeline's day. I'm on Skype with her right now, and she's dancing around her office, just for you. Seriously.

-Ben

deanerino1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deanerino1

at least 50 of them have been sold, crazy to look at the sales stats! I just use the Google to find my information, I hate carrying around posters to my wine parties XD

Woody1

quality posts: 33 Private Messages Woody1

Seriously? You deleted the link to the place where you can just download the poster?

Sad woot. Bad TT, Bad

GO forth and Google sheep!

900+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't🤔

Woody1

Don't speak against the regime, they are always watching you.

At least Amazon "proper" cares

synapses11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages synapses11
deanerino1 wrote:at least 50 of them have been sold, crazy to look at the sales stats! I just use the Google to find my information, I hate carrying around posters to my wine parties XD

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Woody1

winefolly wrote:Hi there!

The print you will receive is super high resolution. The reason the images are not high resolution is to help prevent stolen artwork. We've had our designs stolen in the past, so if someone tries to steal it now, they won't be able to print in high resolution.

Ben @ Wine Folly

Oh please..........

mediumsizedgiantant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mediumsizedgiantant
ThunderThighs wrote:It's the quality of the printing and the paper.

18" x 24" Full Color Offset Lithograph Print7
FSC® certified
SFI® Certified Sourcing

So your marginal cost to print it is...about 75 cents instead of the usual 20 cents?