Cesare

quality posts: 2428 Private Messages Cesare

Six Sigma Sauvignon Blanc 6-Pack
$59.99 $132.00 55% off List Price
2015 Sauvignon Blanc, Asbill Valley, Lake County

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

polarbear22

quality posts: 44 Private Messages polarbear22

Grape Debater

There was a tear in my eye as the monkey jumped back into his delivery truck, knowing that it was likely the last I would see him. And what will he do when wine.woot shuts down? Yet, I had joy in my heart holding a bottle to debate.

We opened the bottle at about 50 degrees. The color is a very pale straw. The nose is floral and citrus, very pleasant. There is none of the smell of a NZ Sauvignon Blanc, described as cat piss.

On the palate, the wine is wonderful. Nice citrus flavors, especially lemon coming through. Nice acidity for a great balance. Faint taste of oak, which it turns out about 2% is finished in oak. Such a small amount, yet it adds just the right amount.

We paired this with some cod, and I think this wine is excellent with fish or seafood. And it was very nice wine to sip on its own both before and after dinner.

SWMBO summed up her thoughts in "very good". And she is all in for buying some.

We definitely planned to buy the wine. About $17-18 average price on CT, and with WD doing his magic, we knew it would be a deal. Only $10/bottle delivered.

I recommend this wine.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Support MS through the cycling Polar Bear
Want to read what SonomaBouliste (Peter Wellington) has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ryancorlew

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ryancorlew

Wine woot is going away?

julieacooper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages julieacooper

Is this wine sweet or dry?

Coops

rlmanzo

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rlmanzo

Um.. yeah, what is happening to wine woot?

I realize the halcyon days of Corison are long gone but soon to be history?

Is it broke or just fractured?

grashelm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages grashelm
rlmanzo wrote:Um.. yeah, what is happening to wine woot?

https://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=7268481&pageindex=1&replycount=123

InFrom

quality posts: 49 Private Messages InFrom
rlmanzo wrote:Um.. yeah, what is happening to wine woot?

Check out ThunderThighs's announcement last week under the "world of woot wine" tab.

renee9605

quality posts: 1 Private Messages renee9605

I haven't tasted this particular wine, but I've been to the winery and their wines are very good, and NOT cheap (~$30 average), so $10/bottle is pretty good.

InFrom

quality posts: 49 Private Messages InFrom
julieacooper wrote:Is this wine sweet or dry?

it's dry.

We had the chance to taste this at the big NoVa wine.woot party on Saturday. My notes indicate this was the first up on a long night of tasting, which was a whirlwind of wines. The small sample I tasted didn't give off the aromas PB reported but then again, it didn't linger in my glass for long. My notes for this one consist of two words, describing the finish: "dry" and "acid".

cjsiege

quality posts: 16 Private Messages cjsiege

As with InFrom, I also tasted this wine at the NoVA/DC get-together on Saturday. I found this wine to be a typical representative of SauvBlanc from central California. It was served well chilled, so I have no impression of aroma. On the palate, it was sharp and dry, with flavors of lemon peel predominating. A solid, Tuesday night sipper at this price point.

Thank you, WineDavid and WCC, for allowing me to be a Grape Debater for this wine!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 330 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

ryancorlew wrote:Wine woot is going away?

yea, taking a victory lap until 12/31. click below to stay in touch (please).

kaolis

quality posts: 71 Private Messages kaolis
Winedavid39 wrote:yea, taking a victory lap until 12/31. click below to stay in touch (please).

Think I subscribed. I entered email and hit "subscribe now" but you don't get any acknowledgement back.

polarbear22

Dry.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

morewine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages morewine
kaolis wrote:Think I subscribed. I entered email and hit "subscribe now" but you don't get any acknowledgement back.

Yeah I did this too, but nothing came back. I even checked the spam folder and nothing there.

SixsigmaAG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SixsigmaAG

Hi Julie,

Al from Six Sigma here.

We consider our 15' Asbill Valley Sauvignon a touch on the dry side. Hope this helps and please message if you have any more questions.

Thanks

arianakalff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arianakalff

Guest Blogger

morewine wrote:Yeah I did this too, but nothing came back. I even checked the spam folder and nothing there.

Thank you all for subscribing. All emails have been received. We are setting up an auto response from here on out.

cortot20

quality posts: 306 Private Messages cortot20
polarbear22 wrote:

Grape Debater

There was a tear in my eye as the monkey jumped back into his delivery truck, knowing that it was likely the last I would see him. And what will he do when wine.woot shuts down? Yet, I had joy in my heart holding a bottle to debate.

We opened the bottle at about 50 degrees. The color is a very pale straw. The nose is floral and citrus, very pleasant. There is none of the smell of a NZ Sauvignon Blanc, described as cat piss.

On the palate, the wine is wonderful. Nice citrus flavors, especially lemon coming through. Nice acidity for a great balance. Faint taste of oak, which it turns out about 2% is finished in oak. Such a small amount, yet it adds just the right amount.

We paired this with some cod, and I think this wine is excellent with fish or seafood. And it was very nice wine to sip on its own both before and after dinner.

SWMBO summed up her thoughts in "very good". And she is all in for buying some.

We definitely planned to buy the wine. About $17-18 average price on CT, and with WD doing his magic, we knew it would be a deal. Only $10/bottle delivered.

I recommend this wine.

Nice notes.
Thank you,

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 290 Private Messages chipgreen

We also tasted this at the NoVA gathering. As InFrom mentioned, this was the first of many, many wines.

SWMBO and myself found this to be a fairly typical CA SB, which is a good thing. Grapefruit on the nose and palate with some lemon zest and just the right amount of acidity. Nice summer sipper for us, year-round sipper for those in warmer climes....

rjquillin

quality posts: 296 Private Messages rjquillin
Winedavid39 wrote:yea, taking a victory lap until 12/31. click below to stay in touch (please).

Do we get any confirmation we're entered?
I noticed no acknowledgement at the time
"thanks...."
and no follow up email to confirm.
Just worried something may not have worked as intended.

[ah, already asked and answered]
clearly I wasn't alone in my concern.

CT

nycbrent

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nycbrent
rjquillin wrote:Do we get any confirmation we're entered?
I noticed no acknowledgement at the time
"thanks...."
and no follow up email to confirm.
Just worried something may not have worked as intended.

[ah, already asked and answered]
clearly I wasn't alone in my concern.

I think I entered my e-mail 5 times due to the lack of response. Don't want to miss out. haha

SixsigmaAG

Everyone,

Thank you so much for your support. This wine is fantastic and at this price everyone should buy it. Don't miss out on this opportunity especially with that holidays coming.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 29 Private Messages mommadeb1

I also tried this at the NoVa/DC gathering. I found it to be dry and crisp. And agree with the other rat/debate reports. Can't really add much more to what they have already said.

bahwm

quality posts: 60 Private Messages bahwm

Busy day at work today. Sorry for the late response. I tasted this wine at the NoVA/DC tasting on Saturday and really liked it. I got a lot of grapefruit and maybe even some pineapple. It was crisp, yet had a fruity nose. It also has a well-balanced acidity. At this price point, it is a steal! Enjoy!

Six Sigma, thank you for your participation in today's offer!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

sdilullo

quality posts: 42 Private Messages sdilullo

Certainly seems like solid QPR, we're out of Sauv Blanc, and... well, given the imminent demise of WW, trigger finger is extra jumpy these days.

In for one!

Thanks for the great deals as always, WD.

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 539
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

SixsigmaAG

bahwm wrote:Busy day at work today. Sorry for the late response. I tasted this wine at the NoVA/DC tasting on Saturday and really liked it. I got a lot of grapefruit and maybe even some pineapple. It was crisp, yet had a fruity nose. It also has a well-balanced acidity. At this price point, it is a steal! Enjoy!

Six Sigma, thank you for your participation in today's offer!

Of course Great tasting notes!!

polarbear22

SixsigmaAG wrote:Everyone,

Thank you so much for your support. This wine is fantastic and at this price everyone should buy it. Don't miss out on this opportunity especially with that holidays coming.

Thanks for stopping in. Winemaker participation is what made this site great. Though we used to badger you for a full week.

Our internet was up and down, mostly down, much of yesterday. But I can confirm I went in for a case. I wonder if I will have any left for use as a summer sipper.

My Cellar