WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

King Estate's North by Northwest Chardonnay (4)

Speed to First Woot:
8m 27.446s
First Sucker:
iker9090
Last Wooter to Woot:
marciabmt
Last Purchase:
5 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 42% of Wine Woots
Top 13% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 22% of Wine Woots
Top 9% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 8% first woot
  • 2% second woot
  • 15% < 10 woots
  • 21% < 25 woots
  • 54% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 5% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 3% one year old
  • 90% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 77% bought 1
  • 7% bought 2
  • 15% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

4%
2%
0%
1%
0%
3%
5%
14%
12%
9%
4%
8%
8%
3%
4%
3%
5%
5%
2%
3%
2%
2%
0%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 2428 Private Messages Cesare

King Estate's North by Northwest Columbia Valley Chardonnay 4-Pack
$36.99 $82.00 55% off List Price
2014 North by Northwest Chardonnay, Columbia Valley

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 240 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

The Woot Monkey dropped this off as well last Thursday. Was able to taste this tonight with zTimothyBz and his friend.

Summary: Good everyday drinker, Tim liked it for BBQ's. Not a Oak bomb. Finish was a bit light. Figured it would be around $10-$12, and it's just under $10.

North by Northwest Columbia Valley 2014 Chardonnay 4-Pack

As in the notes, I got apple, apricot, and mineral on the nose, but not the lime zest, honeysuckle, baked bread, or cashew.

Tasting did not elicit furniture chewing oak, nor the typical buttery flavors. More along the lines of melon, apple, and maybe a hint of toast.

The finish was a bit light for me. Tasted well on it's own and with food.

For $9.25, this is a nice bargain. And you don't have to worry about corked wine!

x20                    
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

stickyfingers1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stickyfingers1

Boy was I excited when the Fedex driver dropped off a fresh unopened bottle of
North by Northwest 2014 COLUMBIA VALLEY CHARDONNAY.

This is my first time being a rat.(That also goes for being a mafia snitch too, I'm no rat). While me and the wife are usually red drinkers with the occasional white, we were interested in drinking something outside our normal Pinot or Cab. We aren't usually Chardonnay fans and usually stick to Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc when we do drink a white.

We opened(screw top) the chilled bottle and let it rest for a bit. After pouring a couple glasses there were very crisp smells of citrus, apple, and melon. Very intoxicating smell which made us quickly want to taste it.
After tasting we found that this was a very different Chardonnay than what we were used to. Nowhere could we find the butter and oakiness which is what I think of with Chardonnay. I dehydrate my own fruit for a yearly camping trip and I dry pears, apples, and kiwi. This is what came to mind when we drank this wine. A taste of these fruits which were very clean and palate cleansing. This was a light to medium wine and has opened my eyes that Chardonnays don't have to be heavy drink by themselves bottles. We had this wine with a Grilled Pork Tenderloin and Roasted carrots/cauliflower and it went very well with food.

Overall, we really liked this wine. The wife wants to have some of this around. So I guess it comes down to Chardon-NAY or Chardon-YEA. We vote Chardon-YEA. In for at least 1.

stickyfingers1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stickyfingers1

Btw, I ratted this and the states list Nebraska as available to ship. But upon checkout it won't let me buy any. Any chance this could be fixed? I want some more of his stuff.

randysanders

quality posts: 8 Private Messages randysanders

Haven't tasted this (not a chard kinda guy), but for a Willamette Valley OR Estate, their (non-pinot) reds are outstanding. Got some NxNW reds at Costco even.
Thanks for bringing King Estates to Woot. I'm looking forward to having an opportunity to see some of their reds.
By the way, I bet they make a good Pinot Noir, but...I don't drink Pinots either.
And, a great place to visit when you're near Eugene.

billmort

quality posts: 3 Private Messages billmort

Is this the beginning of sub-$50 wine.woots?

blaculadave

quality posts: 24 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

stickyfingers1 wrote:Btw, I ratted this and the states list Nebraska as available to ship. But upon checkout it won't let me buy any. Any chance this could be fixed? I want some more of his stuff.

Sorry about that. On second glance, Nebraska isn't available for this particular offer. Apologies.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 328 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

So glad to have King estates join the wine.woot fray.

And they start with a bang. Fantastic QPR on this wine.

KingEstate

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KingEstate

Hey Everyone,

Team King Estate here - let us know if we can answer any questions for you. We'll be checking the forums every 10 min or so.

radiolysis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages radiolysis

Thanks for joining!

It is nice to see both reviews address the oak and butter angle.

Was there a choice to lean more toward that style? Did you choose to control malo at all?

KingEstate

radiolysis wrote:Thanks for joining!

Was there a choice to lean more toward that style? Did you choose to control malo at all?

Thanks for the question - we really let the varietal / grape drive the expression of the wine rather than manipulate on the winemaking side of things. We don't set out with a particular "style", rather let the varietal / vintage to dictate which way the wine should go.

MarkDaSpark

stickyfingers1 wrote:Btw, I ratted this and the states list Nebraska as available to ship. But upon checkout it won't let me buy any. Any chance this could be fixed? I want some more of his stuff.

Sounds like you need to find a Wootlegger in a neighboring state!

x20                    
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

radiolysis wrote:Thanks for joining!

When it comes to Chardonnay, there are at least two camps, so I always try to mention how buttery/oaky the wine is.

I like both, and I really like both Iron Horse Chardonnays, oaked and un-oaked.

x20                    

530jgs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 530jgs

AMAZON HAS IT FOR 9 DOLLARS WITH 1 CENT SHIPPING IF YOU BUY THREE OR MORE. PULLED THE TRIGGER ALREADY. ESSENTIALLY SAME PRICE

InFrom

quality posts: 49 Private Messages InFrom
530jgs wrote:AMAZON HAS IT FOR 9 DOLLARS WITH 1 CENT SHIPPING IF YOU BUY THREE OR MORE. PULLED THE TRIGGER ALREADY. ESSENTIALLY SAME PRICE

OK, OK, you can take the caps lock off! But seriously, that's a nice catch. It certainly appears to be the same bottle. It's actually a dollar cheaper there.

Unfortunately for our Grape Debater, still no Nebraska shipping.

rpstrong

quality posts: 9 Private Messages rpstrong
InFrom wrote:OK, OK, you can take the caps lock off! But seriously, that's a nice catch. It certainly appears to be the same bottle. It's actually a dollar cheaper there.

Unfortunately for our Grape Debater, still no Nebraska shipping.

Have you got a link? The only one that I could find (http://tinyurl.com/yc4kurvj) was $36 for 3 plus one cent shipping.

rpstrong

quality posts: 9 Private Messages rpstrong
rpstrong wrote:Have you got a link? The only one that I could find (http://tinyurl.com/yc4kurvj) was $36 for 3 plus one cent shipping.

I'll answer that - it is the same bottle. (You were missing the closing /url tag in your post, hence no link.)

But look against - $12 per bottle. The 25% off means 25% off of $16, not $12.

And in for one.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rpstrong wrote:Have you got a link? The only one that I could find (http://tinyurl.com/yc4kurvj) was $36 for 3 plus one cent shipping.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. If I put 4 in my cart, it's $48.01 (before taxes).

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

radiolysis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages radiolysis

Somehow i was able to put it in my Amazon cart at $9, but i can confirm that the storefront price is now showing $12.

Kinda strange -- the price changed in the last few hours.

KingEstate

Hey Everyone,

Just to clear up some confusion the Chardonnay on woot is the best offer anywhere right now. There was a temporary price glitch via Amazon for literally 10 min prior but has since been corrected.

kaolis

quality posts: 71 Private Messages kaolis
KingEstate wrote:Hey Everyone,

Just to clear up some confusion the Chardonnay on woot is the best offer anywhere right now. There was a temporary price glitch via Amazon for literally 10 min prior but has since been corrected.

It's $12 now on Amazon. But it was $9 for way more than 10 minutes. At least on my browser and in my cart ;) I'm calling BS
(too warm to ship now anyway)

Also a decent review from Wine Enthusiast:

86 Points.
Light citrus and melon aromas lead to butter, lemon and tropical flavors. It's straightforward and clean with a linear styling.
PRICE $15, DATE PUBLISHED 3/1/2016

cortot20

quality posts: 306 Private Messages cortot20

I hate it when this happens. And it definitely has happened before...

CT