Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Laura Michael Wines Cabernet Sauvignon (2)

Speed to First Woot:
2m 4.224s
First Sucker:
mill
Last Wooter to Woot:
msavill3
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 45% of Wine Woots
Top 18% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 41% of Wine Woots
Top 17% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 0% first woot
  • 4% second woot
  • 17% < 10 woots
  • 9% < 25 woots
  • 70% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 0% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 4% one month old
  • 4% one year old
  • 91% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 68% bought 1
  • 19% bought 2
  • 13% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

9%
0%
2%
0%
0%
2%
4%
2%
17%
9%
6%
6%
2%
6%
4%
4%
2%
2%
4%
11%
4%
2%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare

quality posts: 2428 Private Messages Cesare

Laura Michael Wines Cabernet Sauvignon 2-Pack
$52.99 $119.00 55% off List Price
2011 Laura Michael Wines Cabernet Sauvignon, Barlow Vineyards, Calistoga, Napa Valley

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

chipgreen

quality posts: 290 Private Messages chipgreen

I haven't tried the 2011 vintage but Laura's Barlow Cabs are my favorite Laura Michael wines.

cortot20

quality posts: 306 Private Messages cortot20
chipgreen wrote:I haven't tried the 2011 vintage but Laura's Barlow Cabs are my favorite Laura Michael wines.

Is this a bit of a price cut from prior vintages?

CT

jbhguitar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbhguitar
cortot20 wrote:Is this a bit of a price cut from prior vintages?

It is. The 2008 two pack back in November of last year I purchased was 59.99. So the last offer had a bit more age on it.

I wasn't impressed when I drank the first bottle considering the price, but that may have just been a terrible food pairing. I had some tri-tip with the second bottle and enjoyed the wine much more. I compared it to a younger cab and it was easy to tell the Laura had this great complexity and finish the younger cab was lacking.

catcoland

quality posts: 7 Private Messages catcoland

The 2008 Cab was $55 for 2 in the 4/18/17 Woot Off.

chipgreen

quality posts: 290 Private Messages chipgreen

Yes, I paid $59.99 for 2 of the 2007 and same for the 2008.

forumc40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forumc40
jbhguitar wrote:It is. The 2008 two pack back in November of last year I purchased was 59.99. So the last offer had a bit more age on it.

I wasn't impressed when I drank the first bottle considering the price, but that may have just been a terrible food pairing. I had some tri-tip with the second bottle and enjoyed the wine much more. I compared it to a younger cab and it was easy to tell the Laura had this great complexity and finish the younger cab was lacking.

I agree. I haven't had the 2011, but having tried a few prior vintages now, it's clear her cabs are most exceptional when paired with nice steak vs. lighter fare or on their own. Great price for a quality cab. Light up the grill!

Ain't easy...

losthighwayz

quality posts: 85 Private Messages losthighwayz

I'd be all over if it was the Zinfandel. Not a cab guy 😞 But can vouch for quality from thus winery based on zins I have enjoyed in the past

"The older I get the better I was"

mdctreeguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdctreeguy
losthighwayz wrote:I'd be all over if it was the Zinfandel. Not a cab guy 😞 But can vouch for quality from thus winery based on zins I have enjoyed in the past

Agree. Not a Cab guy, but her 2009 Zin is the best Zin I've had. It always gets rave comments when we serve it to friends.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 267 Private Messages kylemittskus

Like the offer and I like the price cut, which I'm assuming has to do with the vintage. I'm tapped out, though.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ottbirdbrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ottbirdbrain

Not much room left in the cellar, so reluctant to buy in, but we have an (overflowing) weakness for cabs. How would this compare to something like Ecole 41 Cab (similar price point @ deal) or K Vintners Creator (similar base price point)?