The Classic Full-Color Guides to California’s Most Prestigious Wineries
The California Directory of Fine Wineries, Northern Region Edition
Journey through the tasting rooms of a tri-county vineyard paradise… With The California Directory of Fine Wineries as your guide, you’ll wander through world-famous Napa, home of the state’s most recognized cellar landmarks. You’ll meander scenic back roads on the way to Sonoma’s premier wineries. You’ll travel to rustic Mendocino, where the winemakers themselves will pour you a glass of their specialty. This fully updated, sixth edition of The California Directory of Fine Wineries is an essential guide to both glamorous estates and intimate, family-owned vineyards.
- Profiles by travel writers Reka Badger, Cheryl Crabtree, and Marty Olmstead of 68 Northern California wineries—their striking architecture, behind-the-scenes tours, and bountiful gardens.
- Descriptions of the wineries’ distinctive features, from 100-year-old wine caves and museum-quality art exhibitions to bocce ball courts and tastings of local olive oils and other gourmet foods.
- More than 200 color images by renowned photographer Robert Holmes.
- Sidebars listing directions, vineyard tours, wine tastings, special culinary events, and nearby attractions.
- Full-page maps showing the 68 profiled destinations, plus more than 100 additional wineries in the three counties.
The California Directory of Fine Wineries, Central Coast Edition
Explore the congenial tasting rooms of a vast and unspoiled vineyard wonderland. With The California Directory of Fine Wineries as a guide, you’ll wander thorough world-famous Santa Barbara County, home to the landmark cellars of Santa Ynez Valley, Santa Maria Valley, and Santa Rita Hills. You’ll roam the scenic back roads of San Luis Obispo on the way to Edna Valley’s premier wineries. You’ll travel to pastoral Paso Robles, where you’ll be introduced to the distinctive blends and specialties of the region.
- Profiles of 51 California Central Coast wineries, describing their signature wines, beautiful settings, and picturesque rural architecture, as well as telling the fascinating story of each winery owner.
- Highlights of the wineries’ distinctive offerings, from theater performances and concerts, to food-and-wine pairings and outdoor barbecues to inviting gardens, bocce ball courts, and picnic areas.
- More than 170 color images by renowned photographer Robert Holmes.
- Sidebars listing directions, vineyard tours, wine tastings, blending seminars, special culinary events, and nearby attractions.
- Two-page maps showing the 51 profiled destinations, plus more than 100 additional wineries in the two counties.