Buy This & Receive...
(1) - 2011 Old Vine Reserve Zinfandel, Amador County, Signed by Scott Harvey, 3L Double Magnum
Visit the Scott Harvey Wines website
2011 Old Vine Reserve Zinfandel, Amador County 3 Liter, Signed by Scott Harvey
- 91 Points, Exceptional - Gold, Beverage Testing Institute
- Gold, Riverside Wine Competition
Produced in the old world style of balanced wine making. The wine expresses the Amador Zinfandel terroir with good balance of fruit, French Oak, structural tannins and medium alcohol. Briary varietal Zinfandel. Notes of roses, pomegranate, bright red fruits, white pepper and Redwood forest. The long, lingering finish makes this a complete wine from beginning to end. Enjoy now through 2024
Vineyard Notes: A complex wine due to the blending of two great vineyards. The traditional base of this wine is the Old Vine Norton/DeMille vineyard. This vineyard was planted during Prohibition. My grandfather, George DeMille, nurtured the vineyard through the hard time so that we can enjoy wines from it today. I actually still have his still from those bygone days of midnight tax free production. The balance of the wine is from the Spinetta Vineyard, which is planted from cuttings of the oldest documented Zinfandel vineyard in America, Vineyard 1869. These vineyards are non-irrigated, standalone head pruned vines that express the old world Zinfandel terroir.
- 55% DeMille/Norton Vineyard ~ Planted during Prohibition
- 45% Spinetta Vineyard ~ Cuttings from the Vineyard 1869 vines