Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

Friends, Romans, countrymen! Back in the day, wine was the default friend-to-friend gift. Invited over to Caesar’s pad for some salad? You’d better believe Brutus brought his best vino. With our new gifting program, now you can give the gift of Wine.Woot culture to your all your low-brow friends. After all, Mother-in-Law’s Day is just around the corner (October 22), and nothing says “I spent a lot of money to show you I’m worthy of marrying your child” like a gift of premium wine from Wine.Woot.

Just click the “I Want One” button as per usual, and make sure to check the box under “Is this a gift?” on the shipping page. Then tell us where you want your shipment of wine to go and what message you want on the enclosed card, and complete your order. We’ll take it from there. And if you want to send another gift to another address, just go back to the front page, click “I Want One” again, and start the process over. Along with their gifts, each lucky recipient will, er, receive a lavishly-illustrated gift card with your message, and a deluxe shipping container (a.k.a. a brown cardboard box). And it won’t cost you a damn denarius more than any other wine order. As surprises go, it sure beats a knife in the back, eh, Brute?

Keep in mind that gifts are subject to the same shipping restrictions as all Wine.Woot orders. The recipient must be sober and over 21 at the time of delivery. Shipments to certain states will take a very long time, while we cannot ship at all to others. Which states? Check the list on the front page.We also have to email the recipient to let them know the gift is on the way, so don’t kill us for letting out your secret.

cathyk39

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cathyk39
Jason Toon wrote:

What about also having Woot Wine gift certificates, so that my wine drinking friends can chose their own woot, discover what great fun woot is and become life-long customers?

"A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine you can still get drunk."
~~ Lee Entrekin

nospots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nospots

That Parker Station should be some pretty good stuff. Ole Fess tried using his screen names first, with all that celeb influence and cut his wine teeth at "Boone's Farm". Quite a step up !

5centgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 5centgirl

So, even if I live in a state that restricts wine shipments, I can send a gift of love to a friend or relative in a state that allows it?

Quickdood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Quickdood

Just found out about wine woot today, good Idea for a site. In the near future I would like to see beer woot. There are so many different kinds of good beer, it would be excellent to get good deels like woot offers on beer. For those who dont know of the magical world of beer outside of Corona and Bud please check out ratebeer.com

fore!

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fore!

Yes, you can send the "gift of love" to a state that allows it.

5centgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 5centgirl
fore! wrote:Yes, you can send the "gift of love" to a state that allows it.

Awesome! Thanks, fore!

torchin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages torchin

There's no way my mother-in-law will be sober when the shipment arrives...I guess I'm out of luck on this one.

ConradVernon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ConradVernon
torchin wrote:There's no way my mother-in-law will be sober when the shipment arrives...I guess I'm out of luck on this one.

Haha, I can't tell if that is a joke or what... I have never heard a restriction of you have to be sober to recieve a package!!!

dnarayanan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dnarayanan
ConradVernon wrote:

Haha, I can't tell if that is a joke or what... I have never heard a restriction of you have to be sober to recieve a package!!!

its true - you can't serve alcohol to someone who appears intoxicated, both at a bar, or if its the UPS guy delivering wine to you.

in arizona they actually won't even let you into bars (at least in tucson) if you are visibly drunk

thesis schmesis

last wootage: poizin

Lostpig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lostpig

Inquiring minds want to know is there a way to woot NOW for gifts intended for appreciated clients and colleagues... but then not have them ship until December? (I wouldn't want the email to go until then either).

Maybe better yet, how about that gift certificate idea... especially since I'm cheap and might not want to blow a whole wide wine woot on everybody that might be on my business XMAS list... including a few who might not drink but I don't know it. (We usually have to ditch to these generic "variety baskets" to avoid the embarrassment of sending a gift they don't drink/eat).

Figure out a solution to this and wine.woot would be right on target with a loot of businesses.

Now, where'd that pig go?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

5centgirl wrote:So, even if I live in a state that restricts wine shipments, I can send a gift of love to a friend or relative in a state that allows it?

Sorry this took so long to respond- YES, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THE STATE THE RECIPIENT IS LOCATED. SO - HAVE AT IT.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

[quote user="Lostpig"]Inquiring minds want to know is there a way to woot NOW for gifts intended for appreciated clients and colleagues... but then not have them ship until December? (I wouldn't want the email to go until then either).

Maybe better yet, how about that gift certificate idea... especially since I'm cheap and might not want to blow a whole wide wine woot on everybody that might be on my business XMAS list... including a few who might not drink but I don't know it. (We usually have to ditch to these generic "variety baskets" to avoid the embarrassment of sending a gift they don't drink/eat).

Figure out a solution to this and wine.woot would be right on target with a loot of businesses.

[quote]

Hell of a good idea. serious. can't do gift certificates - alcohol thing. but holding for Christmas (sorry- i have to spell it out) - solid. will strongly consider. will have to way logistical impact of such a move (not to get boring on you)

barnes8934

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barnes8934

what about woot-of-the-month club gifts? pre-selected wines and delivery dates...think about it...one woot wine a month for 6 months or a year, two or three versions, to suit various budgets!

brinkmann0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brinkmann0
And if you want to send another gift to another address, just go back to the front page, click “I Want One” again, and start the process over.

After a little back and forth with woot service, I am not so sure it still works the same as described above... anyone else been able to "gift" wine recently? Before I was able to woot, and then gift a set of the same woot to someone else (well, ok - I only did that once). But now, it seems that once I have purchased, it won't let me gift Woot service said it was because I had already purchased once from the sale with my account. Which is understandable, but maybe they could update the error page to reflect that! (It does that when you just try to outright buy twice - no gifting).

Not sure if I want to gift any if it is at the cost of not having any myself!