WootBot


quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Woot Cellars The Pouracle (6)

Speed to First Woot:
8m 19.994s
First Sucker:
adamd73
Last Wooter to Woot:
SellsCarDealerInsurance
Last Purchase:
7 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 44% of Wine Woots
Top 18% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 41% of Wine Woots
Top 17% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 2% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 4% < 10 woots
  • 7% < 25 woots
  • 87% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 2% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 0% one year old
  • 98% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 78% bought 1
  • 22% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

9%
4%
0%
0%
2%
2%
6%
11%
9%
4%
6%
4%
2%
4%
2%
2%
6%
7%
4%
0%
9%
7%
0%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 2412 Private Messages Cesare

Woot Cellars The Pouracle 6-Pack
Sold by: Lucas and Lewellen Vineyards
$54.99
2013 Woot Cellars The Pouracle White Wine

Previous offer:
9/6/16

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

knobody


quality posts: 0 Private Messages knobody

computers hate me. the feeling is mutual sometimes. so i wanted to woot, but first it said i had to link my amazon account to my woot account just to buy wine. i know it's been a long time, but that's just annoying as hell. i mean, there might be a reason i wanted to keep the two separate.

fine. i'll figure out how to unlink them later. link the two. try to buy. now it says i have to have third party cookies turned on. *sigh* fine. go to preferences, turn on third party cookies. i can turn that off again easily enough when i'm done. refresh. still the same damned thing. turn off privacy badger for this site. now there's an ad, but i still can't set my payment options. why the hell can't i just paypal woot some green and let them ship me some wine? why does life hate me? i think this amount of stress calls for a bottle of wine. oh, wait...

eta: i don't know what bug is up firefox's butt, but i guess it's a good thing i never got around to deleting safari. woot wooted. but also, damn, woot, why do i have to use amazon for my wine woots? eff that ess.

1ltkls


quality posts: 3 Private Messages 1ltkls
knobody wrote:computers hate me. the feeling is mutual sometimes. so i wanted to woot, but first it said i had to link my amazon account to my woot account just to buy wine. i know it's been a long time, but that's just annoying as hell. i mean, there might be a reason i wanted to keep the two separate.

fine. i'll figure out how to unlink them later. link the two. try to buy. now it says i have to have third party cookies turned on. *sigh* fine. go to preferences, turn on third party cookies. i can turn that off again easily enough when i'm done. refresh. still the same damned thing. turn off privacy badger for this site. now there's an ad, but i still can't set my payment options. why the hell can't i just paypal woot some green and let them ship me some wine? why does life hate me? i think this amount of stress calls for a bottle of wine. oh, wait...

eta: i don't know what bug is up firefox's butt, but i guess it's a good thing i never got around to deleting safari. woot wooted. but also, damn, woot, why do i have to use amazon for my wine woots? eff that ess.



sounds like somebody needs a hug

11/17/2006 RANDOM CRSorry, we're sold out of this item or don't have enough blah blah blah.
11/17/2006 RoboRaptor Platinum Robo Dino
11/17/2006 LeakFrog (3!)
10/17/2006 jWIN AM/FM Radio Headphones: 2-fer
10/13/2006 HP Premium Plus 4×6 Photo Paper
08/18/2006 SanDisk 256MB MP3/WMA, FM, Voice Rec.

sneefy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sneefy
knobody wrote:computers hate me. the feeling is mutual sometimes. so i wanted to woot, but first it said i had to link my amazon account to my woot account just to buy wine. i know it's been a long time, but that's just annoying as hell. i mean, there might be a reason i wanted to keep the two separate.

fine. i'll figure out how to unlink them later. link the two. try to buy. now it says i have to have third party cookies turned on. *sigh* fine. go to preferences, turn on third party cookies. i can turn that off again easily enough when i'm done. refresh. still the same damned thing. turn off privacy badger for this site. now there's an ad, but i still can't set my payment options. why the hell can't i just paypal woot some green and let them ship me some wine? why does life hate me? i think this amount of stress calls for a bottle of wine. oh, wait...

eta: i don't know what bug is up firefox's butt, but i guess it's a good thing i never got around to deleting safari. woot wooted. but also, damn, woot, why do i have to use amazon for my wine woots? eff that ess.



You'll really be peeved when you taste the Pouracle. Worst woot wine I've had. Strong notes of floor cleaner and offensive air freshener.

Winedavid39


quality posts: 317 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

sneefy wrote:You'll really be peeved when you taste the Pouracle. Worst woot wine I've had. Strong notes of floor cleaner and offensive air freshener.



say what?

I fancy it as a nice cousin to the Triacipedis wines. solid summer sipper and at a better price.

sorry this did not agree with you.

abschulte


quality posts: 0 Private Messages abschulte
Winedavid39 wrote:say what?

I fancy it as a nice cousin to the Triacipedis wines. solid summer sipper and at a better price.

sorry this did not agree with you.



We've liked it, have gone through half a case and just took delivery on another 18 bottles.

Ann in St Paul

abschulte


quality posts: 0 Private Messages abschulte
sneefy wrote:You'll really be peeved when you taste the Pouracle. Worst woot wine I've had. Strong notes of floor cleaner and offensive air freshener.



Disagree, and have purchased more than once. Might yours have been damaged in shipping?

Ann in St Paul

billmort


quality posts: 3 Private Messages billmort

Tasting notes from 9/16/2016

http://wine.woot.com/offers/woot-cellars-the-pouracle-6

joshbeu wrote:

Was so excited to get the word that we were going to be Grape Debaters! We didn’t have any idea what it was going to be, and were excited to see it was a Woot Cellars wine – as long-time Wooters (who still have WAY too many old Screaming Monkeys) we’re suckers for Woot branded stuff.

The bottle shipped alone, in Styrofoam, and I threw it in the fridge to chill overnight. Reading that it was 61% Muscat, I was thinking it was going to be SWEET – nearly a dessert wine. Finally opened it, though, and poured a glass for me and my wife.
Turns out it wasn’t sweet – seemed like the 16% Chardonnay was stronger than the Muscat. It was fairly dry, with no immediate flavor dominating either the smell or the sip. The label talks about “tropical aromas mingling with flavors of apricot and summer peach” – I can get the peach a little, but didn’t smell tropical. The “fresh floral notes” are there in the sip, but really understated.
I let it sit out and warm up a little, and the flavors came out a little more – but so did a little astringency. Not really my thing to drink on its own, but I finished my glass!

Later that night, I tried pairing it with some spicy Thai food – not sure why that came to mind, but the clean, crisp flavor of the wine didn’t clash with the Pad Thai or red curry, and actually took the edge off the heat. I’ll try that again sometime.

I wouldn’t suggest cracking a bottle of this to just drink with friends, but it could be a nice complement to a dinner – and heck, it promises to tell your future too.

Thanks for the chance to Grapely Debate – not sure what else people want to know, so I’ll check in during the day if there are any questions.



polarbear22 wrote:
Very excited when I got the e-mail that I would be debating soon. Opened the package as soon as it arrived. A white wine. A new Woot Cellars white. The Woot whites have been good. This will be fun.
Orange Muscat? Isn't that used in dessert wines, like Quady. After putting it into the fridge to chill overnight, I did some research. Orange Muscat can be dry or sweet. And yes, Quady makes some great dessert wines with it, so my memory was working.

Opened it up the next evening to have a chicken salad. The wine is very pale in color. Even at just out of fridge temps, there are great aromas on the nose. Clear notes of orange and some tropical fruits. The fruit scents are strong and have me expecting the wine to be a sweet one. (No RS on the label.) First taste, still admittedly too cold, the fruit comes through on the palate. Mostly orange at this point. The finish is nice and crisp. Not sweet. Though the fruity aspects will have you thinking sweet.

After letting the wine warm up, the aromas are more pronounced, but they have not changed. Orange and what the label calls apricot. I think the Viognier accentuates the aromas of the Orange Muscat. This is a great wine to keep your nose near the glass as you sip. At a more reasonable chill, the fruit flavors come through better. And they stick in the finish, a little less crisp. The pairing was a greek salad, which did not do well with the fruitiness of the wine. A chicken dish, rather than the salad, would have been better. Though this would be a great aperitif or after-dinner wine on its own. This is fine with food, but be careful with the pairing.

I gave it two thumbs up, and look forward to ordering some. Woot Cellar wines have always been great QPR wines. SWMBO was more cautious. She enjoyed it, but given the failure of this pairing, she has more concerns on what we can have it with.

Well done, WD. You made another great wine.



Other offers:

http://wine.woot.com/offers/woot-cellars-the-pouracle-6-9
http://wine.woot.com/offers/woot-cellars-the-pouracle-6-w-t-shirt
http://wine.woot.com/offers/woot-cellars-the-pouracle-6-7

tomatillo


quality posts: 14 Private Messages tomatillo

We enjoyed it, also.

Gave away 2 bottles and both friends asked where they could get more.

Winedavid39


quality posts: 317 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

tomatillo wrote:We enjoyed it, also.

Gave away 2 bottles and both friends asked where they could get more.



please tell them :-)

mommadeb1


quality posts: 27 Private Messages mommadeb1
sneefy wrote:You'll really be peeved when you taste the Pouracle. Worst woot wine I've had. Strong notes of floor cleaner and offensive air freshener.



?? Really?! I totally disagree. I am on my 2 order. Did you try more than one bottle? I am thinking the bottle you tried was bad.
I am trying to decide if I "need" to order more.

rjquillin


quality posts: 290 Private Messages rjquillin

New blood at work was asking for some wine.
She currently drinks Moscato. Pulled the trigger on this as a split, since I ~absolutely have to have~ a woot wine I don't currently have, yet...

CT

intodogs


quality posts: 5 Private Messages intodogs

I bought this last time around and because it didn't last long, I am assuming I enjoyed it. Wish Woot would have included the Wine Woot T shirt like the previous offering (even if it was an additional $5). I wear mine with pride. Guess I will purchase this anyway because who has the will power to resist a Woot Cellars wine??
Now on a side note, any chance of a Pedroncelli white offering? Pretty please?? Man, those were the good ole days for sure!!! Wish I would have purchased more when I had the opportunity. Needed the crystal ball..

InFrom


quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
intodogs wrote:I bought this last time around and because it didn't last long, I am assuming I enjoyed it. Wish Woot would have included the Wine Woot T shirt like the previous offering (even if it was an additional $5). I wear mine with pride. Guess I will purchase this anyway because who has the will power to resist a Woot Cellars wine??
Now on a side note, any chance of a Pedroncelli white offering? Pretty please?? Man, those were the good ole days for sure!!! Wish I would have purchased more when I had the opportunity. Needed the crystal ball..

While you're waiting for a deal to show up here, you should just call Pedroncelli! I believe they continue to offer club pricing to Wooters.

sneefy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sneefy
Winedavid39 wrote:say what?

I fancy it as a nice cousin to the Triacipedis wines. solid summer sipper and at a better price.

sorry this did not agree with you.



I enjoyed the Triacipedis. I picked up a sixer of Pouracle and have given it a very fair try at 4 of the six bottles. I don't know what it is about it but my wife agreed. It tasted like chemicals and lemon floor cleaner. Not that I drink floor cleaner, mind you...

Maybe I got a bad half case. Maybe it was damaged in shipping. All I know is I had to pour the rest down the drain.

intodogs


quality posts: 5 Private Messages intodogs
InFrom wrote:While you're waiting for a deal to show up here, you should just call Pedroncelli! I believe they continue to offer club pricing to Wooters.



Appreciate the great suggestion.