50%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

porciniman

quality posts: 12 Private Messages porciniman

Come on people !!!!
$80 for 2.5 lbs of salt ??
Considering,....all salt came from the sea, ya gotta be pretty gullible to believe this make your food ultimately taste better than say..Kosher salt !!!

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
porciniman wrote:Come on people !!!!
$80 for 2.5 lbs of salt ??
Considering,....all salt came from the sea, ya gotta be pretty gullible to believe this make your food ultimately taste better than say..Kosher salt !!!

It's a funny thing, I clicked on this sale because I'm suddenly in the market for a salt canister, having sprung for some Maldon salt the other day. A vacation souvenir. We kept encountering flake salt (like Maldon, if not actually Maldon) sprinkled as a finishing salt on dishes, and it was nice and crunchy, and not super-salty, so not at all like kosher salt (which I use a lot, cooking at home.) A real enhancement to the dish, even something as simple as bread with olive oil.

So, in a regular supermarket (in Spain), 250g of Maldon salt, which is around half a pound, cost me around $5. I don't know enough about fancy salts to know what makes this one so much fancier and thus much more expensive than the Maldon product, but I'm sure it's quite different from Morton's or Diamond Crystal.

porciniman

quality posts: 12 Private Messages porciniman
InFrom wrote:It's a funny thing, I clicked on this sale because I'm suddenly in the market for a salt canister, having sprung for some Maldon salt the other day. A vacation souvenir. We kept encountering flake salt (like Maldon, if not actually Maldon) sprinkled as a finishing salt on dishes, and it was nice and crunchy, and not super-salty, so not at all like kosher salt (which I use a lot, cooking at home.) A real enhancement to the dish, even something as simple as bread with olive oil.

So, in a regular supermarket (in Spain), 250g of Maldon salt, which is around half a pound, cost me around $5. I don't know enough about fancy salts to know what makes this one so much fancier and thus much more expensive than the Maldon product, but I'm sure it's quite different from Morton's or Diamond Crystal.

"""I'm sure it's quite different from Morton's or Diamond Crystal.""

It is quite different.....It cost 50x MORE !!!!!!!!!
You'd have to be nuts to pay that !

unorthydox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages unorthydox
InFrom wrote:It's a funny thing, I clicked on this sale because I'm suddenly in the market for a salt canister, having sprung for some Maldon salt the other day. A vacation souvenir. We kept encountering flake salt (like Maldon, if not actually Maldon) sprinkled as a finishing salt on dishes, and it was nice and crunchy, and not super-salty, so not at all like kosher salt (which I use a lot, cooking at home.) A real enhancement to the dish, even something as simple as bread with olive oil.

$80 just seems WAY high for this.

I can't imagine this being much better than Maldon if at all. I love Maldon so much I bought the 1.5kg (3.3lb) bucket from Amazon... was under $30 at the time, and is still $32.98 now.

Add what seems to be an identical canister for $15 https://smile.amazon.com/Cool-Shop-Stainless-Airtight-Clamp-Food-Container/dp/B01LZYDPRN