WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Harvest Moon Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (6)

Speed to First Woot:
2m 30.994s
First Sucker:
ashvid
Last Wooter to Woot:
saschulz55
Last Purchase:
16 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 49% of Wine Woots
Top 15% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 32% of Wine Woots
Top 13% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 2% first woot
  • 1% second woot
  • 17% < 10 woots
  • 13% < 25 woots
  • 67% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 1% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 6% one year old
  • 92% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 87% bought 1
  • 11% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

5%
5%
0%
2%
2%
1%
5%
5%
5%
6%
8%
6%
6%
6%
1%
3%
7%
6%
0%
6%
7%
5%
6%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare

quality posts: 2412 Private Messages Cesare

Harvest Moon Russian River Valley Pinot Noir 6-Pack
$79.99 $241.00 67% off List Price
2013 Harvest Moon Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 290 Private Messages rjquillin

This could get interesting.

Klez, pull a cork and take one for the community.

[edit] absolutely rocking $$$ here.
Six for the CT price of two and a half!

CT

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman

Maybe tomorrow afternoon...I'm already on to the whiskey tonight so that wouldn't be adding a whole heck of a lot.

What I can say is that I bought these on futures in 2014 during barrel tasting weekend (where Randy also treated us amazingly...such a great guy). Even at pre-release pricing the woot pricing wins. This also tempts me greatly. I might be up for a split regardless...need to consult molarchae.

Edit: Funny thing is, I've been considering popping the first of mine for the last couple weeks. Guess I should have done that tonight instead of the Engracia PN!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

cortot20

quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20

Hey Randy, were you pouring this vintage in the tasting room a few months back? I ask because I came, I saw, I tasted like every wine you made but didn't note any vintages but remembered liking the Pinot a lot.

Killer price to boot!

CT

harvestmoonwinery

quality posts: 28 Private Messages harvestmoonwinery
cortot20 wrote:Hey Randy, were you pouring this vintage in the tasting room a few months back? I ask because I came, I saw, I tasted like every wine you made but didn't note any vintages but remembered liking the Pinot a lot.

Killer price to boot!

yeeees sir. This is a tasty wine at a smokin price.

harvestmoonwinery

Good evening everyone,

We're dishing out a very delicious set of 6 of my Estate Pinot Noir. Three vineyards, all local, all Pinot Noir. If you are looking for your summer sipper at a ridiculous price, this delicate, soft, easy-drinker is here! I've allotted a pallet to this woot then she's going to go like the morning fog on a hot summer day.

chipgreen

quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen

Wootlegged to IL, thanks to jmdavidson!

MarkL

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MarkL
chipgreen wrote:Wootlegged to IL, thanks to jmdavidson!

I hope it doesn't ship too soon. We've got some smokin' hot weather coming up.

rboston1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rboston1

This is another autobuy for me.
Problem is we're already at 100 degree weather here in sunny las vegas... dang it !!!

I also bought this as futures years ago. Sadly I don't think we have any more but it was very very tasty !!!

cortot20

Interested, so cal split? Kyle?

EDIT: Split approved, thanks Kyle.

CT

cortot20

Randy, in the description this wine is described as Burgundian, can you describe what it is about this bottling that reminds of a French Pinot?

CT

Carolynhaywood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Carolynhaywood

Hey There!

Yesterday I bought wine to be delivered to my home state of North Carolina with no problems. Just wondering why I can't buy this wine to be delivered here as well?

harvestmoonwinery

For those of you who don't see your state listed, call the winery at 707.573.8711 and we can help. Cheers!

chipgreen

quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen
MarkL wrote:I hope it doesn't ship too soon. We've got some smokin' hot weather coming up.

I think "summer shipping" is in effect? If so, it rides refrigerated to St. Louis then in a regular FedEx truck from there to Chicago. Fingers crossed....

zcpeanut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zcpeanut

In for 1!

No CT notes, but the community has convinced me. Besides, pinot is one of my favorite varietals and perfect for summer weather.

Also, they know how to do pinot in the russian river area...

pienka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pienka

Love this wine. Have ordered it every other time it was on Woot! Would be in for 3 if shipping to Louisiana was available. Please Harvest Moon - please resolve the shipping issue. We Louisianians love our Harvest Moon Pinot and most of us love to drink

harvestmoonwinery

pienka wrote:Love this wine. Have ordered it every other time it was on Woot! Would be in for 3 if shipping to Louisiana was available. Please Harvest Moon - please resolve the shipping issue. We Louisianians love our Harvest Moon Pinot and most of us love to drink

Call the winery. We can help. 707-573-8711

harvestmoonwinery

cortot20 wrote:Randy, in the description this wine is described as Burgundian, can you describe what it is about this bottling that reminds of a French Pinot?

Lower alc than typical CA pinots, less new oak, lighter color/body, beautiful floral, pedal, spice. Less simple cherry and more non-berry profiles.

rjquillin

cortot20 wrote:Randy, in the description this wine is described as Burgundian, can you describe what it is about this bottling that reminds of a French Pinot?

bumping this, as I too am curious.
pH, TA?

CT

klezman

rjquillin wrote:bumping this, as I too am curious.
pH, TA?

Just checked the bottle - no stats listed there.

molarchae assents to a split...we are both big Harvest Moon fans

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58

It's because it sells better if you call it Burgundian rather than call it a lighter style of California Pinot

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

klezman

tytiger58 wrote:It's because it sells better if you call it Burgundian rather than call it a lighter style of California Pinot

You may have a point there

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:It's because it sells better if you call it Burgundian rather than call it a lighter style of California Pinot

I was rather thinking the same, but some of his notes suggest it's not just all fruit.

Would kinda like the pH and TA labs.

CT

klezman

Randy, how does this compare to the 2010 vintage?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 259 Private Messages kylemittskus

Cortot and I are in.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

harvestmoonwinery

klezman wrote:Randy, how does this compare to the 2010 vintage?

Much less tart. Softer fruit.

klezman

Ok...molarchae and I are going to pop a bottle to rat, especially since we know we're splitting with Ron.

klezman

OK...self-appointed rats reporting in! This bottle has been resting since release (we bought it on futures) in a friend's house in San Francisco, then in our wine cabinet.

Klezman: Bright red/purple. Nose alternates between wild strawberry and earthy mushroom with some spices coming out as well. Palate is a solid medium-bodied, with a moderate amount of astringency. Agreed with Randy this is a lot less tart than the 2010, but still well within my preference for acid balance. Finish is medium, and somewhat smoky and savoury. Very happy to be going in for more with Ron on this one.

Molarchae: Initial impression of earth and bell pepper. "Delicious and light Pinot from Randy, who continues to make wine that I love." A "very Pinot" Pinot.

Klezman's dad: a bit light and thin visually, watery meniscus. Nice bouquet and colour. Mix between strawberry and cherry. Smooth, little tannin. Not oaky. Nice, light Pinot, with the emphasis on light. Nice wine overall and would go well with many kinds of fish or poultry. For context, he is a Burgundy guy (snob?) and generally finds CA wines too fruity. So this is high praise.

Edit: With 45 min or so of air, there is additional tannic structure coming out. Not at all oaky, just more of a gritty texture. imo this is a good thing.

rjquillin

Someone got three!
Coming your way, not three.

CT

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:Someone got three!
Coming your way, not three.

there has to be a better way to say this...

CT

klezman

cortot20 wrote:there has to be a better way to say this...

True, but you have received emails from Ron before, right?

cortot20

klezman wrote:True, but you have received emails from Ron before, right?

Yes, cloudy they are. ;)

CT

rjquillin

cortot20 wrote:Yes, cloudy they are. ;)

I was ~not~ the one that purchased three.
Just happened to notice someone had.

It's pulsing!

Way to go Randy.

CT

coolac5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coolac5

Just snuck in at 1951 PDT after a killer Northern CA (HMB) beach day; and what a great deal on quality 2013 RRV Pinot Noir. In for one and looking forward to enjoying it with friends this summer and fall (thanksgiving). The button is pulsating yellow as I type so likely will be a sellout before 2200 PDT.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 259 Private Messages kylemittskus

Pumped about having some of these coming to me. Thanks for the bottle sacrifice klez.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

sdilullo

quality posts: 40 Private Messages sdilullo

If this shipped to OH, I'd have been all over it...

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 370
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

drcanak

quality posts: 6 Private Messages drcanak

Any shipping issues here? I show a fed-ex label printed on 6-13-17 with a scheduled delivery of 6-17-17. However, nothing has been shipped or updated. Still shows only that a label has been printed.

Any help would be most appreciated.

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
drcanak wrote:Any shipping issues here? I show a fed-ex label printed on 6-13-17 with a scheduled delivery of 6-17-17. However, nothing has been shipped or updated. Still shows only that a label has been printed.

If past practice applies, this sounds like the typical pattern for summer shipping. Takes off in the refrigerated truck without a word for several days, gets its first arrival scan when it's offloaded at the FedEx hub, and you can track it from that point on.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

drcanak wrote:Any shipping issues here? I show a fed-ex label printed on 6-13-17 with a scheduled delivery of 6-17-17. However, nothing has been shipped or updated. Still shows only that a label has been printed.

That's not uncommon. We're in summer shipping mode now. Wine Country Connect will print the labels before loading the boxes.

Then they time shipments so wine doesn't sit on the truck over the weekend. If you're on the east coast, they'll ride part of the way of a refrigerated freight truck before being handed off to FedEx for final delivery. If this is the case, you won't see tracking update until that handoff as FedEx doesn't have refrigerated trucks.

Hope that helps.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items