WootBot


quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Whiskey Barrel Whole Bean Coffee (4)

Speed to First Woot:
4m 12.774s
First Sucker:
jmharper
Last Wooter to Woot:
elmystico
Last Purchase:
18 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 47% of Wine Woots
Top 17% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 37% of Wine Woots
Top 15% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 1% first woot
  • 4% second woot
  • 12% < 10 woots
  • 18% < 25 woots
  • 65% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 0% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 1% one year old
  • 99% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 99% bought 1
  • 1% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

8%
4%
3%
1%
4%
3%
8%
10%
10%
8%
8%
9%
3%
3%
4%
1%
3%
1%
4%
3%
1%
1%
3%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare


quality posts: 2412 Private Messages Cesare

Whiskey Barrel Whole Bean Coffee 4-Pack
$59.99 $92.00 35% off List Price
(2) - MOONSHINE Whole Bean Coffee, 10 oz..
(2) - ANGEL'S SHARE Whole Bean Coffee, 10 oz.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

vilhiem


quality posts: 5 Private Messages vilhiem

The codes below DO NOT make purchasing from the manufacturer's website cheaper than woot. But if anyone misses the sale or wants more later...

Until June 18, 2017
Use coupon code fathersday17 for 20% off

After that use coupon code ShawnWBC15 for 15% off. No known expiration date.


JohannRamirez


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JohannRamirez

Any idea on roasting date?

rrussell


quality posts: 13 Private Messages rrussell

I notice more and more the unbiggening of coffee bags.

They started at a pound, of course... then the store had 12-oz bags, and I had to retrain my brain.

Now it's ten ounce, and I am sad.

vinyrdguy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vinyrdguy

FYI, CoffeeAM.com still sells it one lb bags and 5 lb bags.

rrussell wrote:I notice more and more the unbiggening of coffee bags.

They started at a pound, of course... then the store had 12-oz bags, and I had to retrain my brain.

Now it's ten ounce, and I am sad.



shanesny


quality posts: 4 Private Messages shanesny

$16.25 PER BAG? ...pass.

randy8843


quality posts: 1 Private Messages randy8843

I had to come here just to see if the bags were 16 ounce. At first, I thought "...that's a bit pricey for one pound bags". To my surprise, "..oh, 10 ounce, really?" What could be so special for whole bean coffee to make me pay $24 per pound, plus tax ...and shipping? That's roughly five large brewed coffees served to me with my name on the cup, at some well known publicly traded chain.
Where else could I go that would give me a great selection at a great price and I could return the flavor if I didn't like it?

https://www.costco.com/specialty-coffee.html

SmilingBoognish


quality posts: 55 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
JohannRamirez wrote:Any idea on roasting date?



No, but the manufacturer lost all credibility when they stated it is best by November...

nrg2go


quality posts: 4 Private Messages nrg2go

How does one press the grapes in such as way as to produce coffee?

deadlyapp


quality posts: 7 Private Messages deadlyapp

So I'm curious. They are clearly marking this up significantly based on "aging" it in whiskey barrels, although to my knowledge, aging of coffee beans is the worst thing you could do.

What the heck are the actual beans? Where are they sourced? Are they single origin?

Are they aged prior to roasting or after roasting? How long are they aged for?

Also, why is anyone alcoholic enough to the point where they want their morning coffee to taste like whiskey?!?!

SmilingBoognish


quality posts: 55 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

I had all the same questions, mang. However, I do have an answer to your last question:

deadlyapp wrote:Also, why is anyone alcoholic enough to the point where they want their morning coffee to taste like whiskey?!?!



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tvJvh_87i4

curvin777


quality posts: 11 Private Messages curvin777
deadlyapp wrote:So I'm curious. They are clearly marking this up significantly based on "aging" it in whiskey barrels, although to my knowledge, aging of coffee beans is the worst thing you could do.

What the heck are the actual beans? Where are they sourced? Are they single origin?

Are they aged prior to roasting or after roasting? How long are they aged for?

Also, why is anyone alcoholic enough to the point where they want their morning coffee to taste like whiskey?!?!



One word (between each space):
Bailey's Irish Creme

mrongey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrongey

I bought this when it was up before, and it is delicious!

zethreal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zethreal
deadlyapp wrote:So I'm curious. They are clearly marking this up significantly based on "aging" it in whiskey barrels, although to my knowledge, aging of coffee beans is the worst thing you could do.

What the heck are the actual beans? Where are they sourced? Are they single origin?

Are they aged prior to roasting or after roasting? How long are they aged for?

Also, why is anyone alcoholic enough to the point where they want their morning coffee to taste like whiskey?!?!



Green, unroasted coffee beans can be "aged" for quite some time before the start to lose their freshness. Under normal conditions, green beans can last a year or more before any noticeable quality changes.

Most places that do this age green, unroasted beans in a barrel for a time BEFORE roasting. Another brand that does this ages their beans in the barrel for 3-4 weeks.

I don't drink often, but I love the flavor barrel aged beans have. I've tried whiskey & wine... both are good.

silvanojr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages silvanojr

"Today only in Wine"

"Coffee"



Go home. You're drunk.

klezman


quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman
zethreal wrote:Green, unroasted coffee beans can be "aged" for quite some time before the start to lose their freshness. Under normal conditions, green beans can last a year or more before any noticeable quality changes.

Most places that do this age green, unroasted beans in a barrel for a time BEFORE roasting. Another brand that does this ages their beans in the barrel for 3-4 weeks.

I don't drink often, but I love the flavor barrel aged beans have. I've tried whiskey & wine... both are good.



Yes, this. I'm curious, to be sure. But not curious enough to get this much coffee in one go. Even my farmers market coffee is $16/lb or so.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT