(1) - BAJA TACO, 1.45 oz. Pouch
(1) - NEW YORK DILL PICKLE, 1.45 oz. Pouch
(1) - SEA SALT AND VINEGAR, 1.45 oz. Pouch
(1) - SEA SALT, 1.45 oz. Pouch
(1) - JALAPENO, 1.45 oz. Pouch

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman

A bunch of us got to try these at a gathering recently. Wow these are different! Somehow they've infused the peanuts with the flavours, made it a nicely balanced combo of peanut and the additional flavour, and then did it all without leaving a messy coating. A rather unique and interesting experience. If these flavours appeal to you, it's worth giving this a shot.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

karenhynes

quality posts: 18 Private Messages karenhynes
klezman wrote:A bunch of us got to try these at a gathering recently. Wow these are different! Somehow they've infused the peanuts with the flavours, made it a nicely balanced combo of peanut and the additional flavour, and then did it all without leaving a messy coating. A rather unique and interesting experience. If these flavours appeal to you, it's worth giving this a shot.

I'm intrigued...and also hungry. I may have forgotten to eat dinner. Since pushing the big gold button will not make them appear instantly, I will wait to see if any of your fellow "debaters" have additional comments. The flavors sound interesting.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

jeffdoh

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jeffdoh

Boy do I feel duped. There's an EIGHTEEN pack sampler on Amazon for under $35, including shipping.Oh, not only that, but there's a 10% off code on Amazon for the product using the code MSNUTS10.

Why does Woot fool us like this when it's own parent company sells MORE of the product for far less.

UGH.

https://www.amazon.com/Pizootz-Variety-Flavors-Flavor-Peanuts-Premium-Virginia/dp/B01N0CPIHI/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1495085065&sr=8-1&keywords=pizootz+peanuts

Jeffrey Lax

quadtodd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quadtodd

$14.20 a pound? Pass on these peanuts!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
karenhynes wrote:I'm intrigued...and also hungry. I may have forgotten to eat dinner. Since pushing the big gold button will not make them appear instantly, I will wait to see if any of your fellow "debaters" have additional comments. The flavors sound interesting.

They were very good, and some had completely disappeared!

No messy coating on fingers.

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

jeffdoh wrote:Boy do I feel duped. There's an EIGHTEEN pack sampler on Amazon for under $35, including shipping.Oh, not only that, but there's a 10% off code on Amazon for the product using the code MSNUTS10.

Why does Woot fool us like this when it's own parent company sells MORE of the product for far less.

UGH.

https://www.amazon.com/Pizootz-Variety-Flavors-Flavor-Peanuts-Premium-Virginia/dp/B01N0CPIHI/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1495085065&sr=8-1&keywords=pizootz+peanuts

Dear Doh,

Um, you evidently completely missed that two are 16 oz. bags.

So no, this set has more peanuts, not the one on the mothership which only has the 1.45 oz. pouches.

Edit:
(1) - SEA SALT & CRACKED PEPPER, 16 oz. Bag
(1) - BAJA TACO, 16 oz. Bag

IIRC, the Baja Taco ones were pretty popular.

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jeffdoh

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jeffdoh

True, Sparky. Still, the 18 bag 1.45 Oz variety is almost $10 cheaper with the coupon code.

MarkDaSpark wrote:Dear Doh,

Um, you evidently completely missed that two are 16 oz. bags.

So no, this set has more peanuts, not the one on the mothership.

Edit:
(1) - SEA SALT & CRACKED PEPPER, 16 oz. Bag
(1) - BAJA TACO, 16 oz. Bag

IIRC, the Baja Taco ones were pretty popular.

Jeffrey Lax

MarkDaSpark

jeffdoh wrote:True, Sparky. Still, the 18 bag 1.45 Oz variety is almost $10 cheaper with the coupon code.

Not sure where you are getting the $10 cheaper. You're talking under 2 pounds (1.72 lb) vs. under 3 pounds (2.82 lb). So around $18.31 per pound versus $14.18 per pound.

So if you don't mind paying $4 more per pound, it's cheaper!

Edit: You are spending less, but paying more per pound. So not only is it not cheaper, you are not getting more either.

x20             

ChronoMATT

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ChronoMATT

$67.00 retail for this set of mostly 1.45 oz pouches? Who thought it possible in this universe?

schro5150

quality posts: 3 Private Messages schro5150
ChronoMATT wrote:$67.00 retail for this set of mostly 1.45 oz pouches? Who thought it possible in this universe?

I am GROOT!

GeorgeZboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GeorgeZboy

Who in their right mind ranks Brazil nuts above Cashews? I call Shenanigans!

seipel1892

quality posts: 3 Private Messages seipel1892

Had the chance to try these about a year ago. I had this sampler and brought it into work for my colleagues. We didn't care for any of them except for the sea salt because they still tasted like peanuts. Sea salt and cracked pepper were so-so. The idea is great as the flavor is IN the peanut and not sprinkled on the outside (no mess), but the flavors don't really go with peanuts. Taco flavored peanuts? Pickle flavored peanuts? Pass. FYI - the habanero and jalapeno are very hot.

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin

Don't even begin to claim these Pizootz don't have class. I don't know how they managed to crash a 27-year vertical Corison baller tasting without an invitation, and managed to so without paying the tasting fees! Ha, but they didn't survive to make it out either.

Seriously tasty. I poo-poo'd them at first until I started nibbling. Call me old fashioned if you will, but the sea salt and pepper was my go to nut, followed closely by the salt/vinegar. Many liked the taco, but it reminded me too much of those crunchy shells from the bell outfit I'm not all that fond of, but all were tasty and well done, and as others have commented, clean on the fingers.

CT

blaculadave

quality posts: 24 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Not sure where you are getting the $10 cheaper. You're talking under 2 pounds (1.72 lb) vs. under 3 pounds (2.82 lb). So around $18.31 per pound versus $14.18 per pound.

So if you don't mind paying $4 more per pound, it's cheaper!

Edit: You are spending less, but paying more per pound. So not only is it not cheaper, you are not getting more either.

THANK YOU! I came to say the same thing, but you beat me to it.

I'll also say that I've tried a few of these, and they're actually pretty intriguing. You expect some type of coating, but these look and feel like regular peanuts. Once you start eating, though, the flavors do come out. Sometimes they're pretty forward like in the Baja Taco, other times they take a few bites to creep up on you (Salt & Pepper), and others are subdued (Dill Pickle).

You get 2 big bags of the popular flavors (Taco and Salt/Pepper), and 9 single-serve bags of all flavors.

ZSN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZSN

Peanuts at $1.00 per oz with shipping 😁😄😆

Hipster snack's.. 💸

Winedavid39

quality posts: 316 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

These are seriously addicting. the Baja Taco nuts did not last long at all.

these are now a goto snack for tasty good protein.

mshilko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mshilko

Pizootz is really proud of their nuts!

Haven't tried them, just wanted to say that, because I am 12 inside.

time2testit

quality posts: 17 Private Messages time2testit
rjquillin wrote:Don't even begin to claim these Pizootz don't have class. I don't know how they managed to crash a 27-year vertical Corison baller tasting without an invitation, and managed to so without paying the tasting fees! Ha, but they didn't survive to make it out either.

Seriously tasty. I poo-poo'd them at first until I started nibbling. Call me old fashioned if you will, but the sea salt and pepper was my go to nut, followed closely by the salt/vinegar. Many liked the taco, but it reminded me too much of those crunchy shells from the bell outfit I'm not all that fond of, but all were tasty and well done, and as others have commented, clean on the fingers.

RJQ always does better at describing than I do, so I'll just agree with his review. The range of flavors was a nice change from the usual flavored peanuts and the fact the flavor was infused and not in a powder on the outside (so fingers didn't get all messy) was a nice change. And yes, just as we pay a premium for a certain amazing special toffee or for various special wines, of course "gourmet" flavored peanuts (that are good) command a bit higher price than unflavored "regular" peanuts.

Oh...and +1

MarkDaSpark

blaculadave wrote:THANK YOU! I came to say the same thing, but you beat me to it.

I'll also say that I've tried a few of these, and they're actually pretty intriguing. You expect some type of coating, but these look and feel like regular peanuts. Once you start eating, though, the flavors do come out. Sometimes they're pretty forward like in the Baja Taco, other times they take a few bites to creep up on you (Salt & Pepper), and others are subdued (Dill Pickle).

You get 2 big bags of the popular flavors (Taco and Salt/Pepper), and 9 single-serve bags of all flavors.

You're welcome!

I appreciate that people want deals, but detest when the information or comparison is inaccurate.

x20             

paulmd

quality posts: 6 Private Messages paulmd

First $19 avocado toast, now $$$ flavored peanuts. Millennials are never going to be able to buy houses.

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman
Winedavid39 wrote:These are seriously addicting. the Baja Taco nuts did not last long at all.

these are now a goto snack for tasty good protein.

The Baja taco were my favourite as well. I liked the spicy ones as well, but the wine tasting scene didn't call for ruining my palate with them.

Also, these aren't salty and so won't make you super thirsty.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen
mshilko wrote:Pizootz is really proud of their nuts!

Haven't tried them, just wanted to say that, because I am 12 inside.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 69 Private Messages ddeuddeg
chipgreen wrote:

You can find a video for any topic! Sheeesh!

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chipgreen

quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:You can find a video for any topic! Sheeesh!

I can't help it. Nearly everything in life reminds me of a song, a commercial or a movie quote!

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
chipgreen wrote:I can't help it. Nearly everything in life reminds me of a song, a commercial or a movie quote!

You should meet my mom -- when I was growing up, she had a song for every occasion. It used to drive me... er, nuts? She's still doing it -- plenty of stuff she no longer remembers, but the old songs are in there. And now I'm accused of doing it, more often than I'd like to admit.