WootBot


quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Vigilance Pinot Noir Rosé (6)

Speed to First Woot:
5m 47.333s
First Sucker:
gpstowell13
Last Wooter to Woot:
gpeltier1
Last Purchase:
11 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 49% of Wine Woots
Top 16% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 34% of Wine Woots
Top 14% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 12% < 10 woots
  • 9% < 25 woots
  • 79% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 0% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 5% one year old
  • 95% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 84% bought 1
  • 14% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

3%
1%
0%
0%
0%
1%
8%
6%
13%
5%
10%
6%
6%
3%
4%
3%
3%
3%
6%
3%
4%
3%
6%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 2394 Private Messages Cesare

Vigilance Pinot Noir Rosé 6-Pack
Sold by: Shannon Ridge Inc
$69.99 $144.00 51% off List Price
2016 Vigilance Pinot Noir Rosé

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20


quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20

Finally all is right with the world!

CT

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 69 Private Messages ddeuddeg


We had an opportunity to sample a bottle of the 2016 Vigilance Rosé a few nights ago. In the glass, it was a beautiful salmon color, perfectly clear. My initial impression of the nose was that it was quite subdued, with a faint aroma of strawberries. A little sip before my palate got compromised with the smells and tastes of dinner, and I found more strawberries and some hints of stone fruit, peaches and apricots, not what I expected. As the wine warmed up, the bouquet and the flavors became more pronounced, with red raspberries added to the mix. Throughout the meal, consisting of halibut fillets roasted with lime juice, soy sauce, shallots, EVOO, cilantro, and fresh grated ginger, accompanied by fresh asparagus and white rice, the wine held up beautifully against all those strong flavors, and continued to improve in flavor. Toward the end of the bottle, there was so much fruit showing on the palate that it conveyed the impression of sweetness, but it was perfectly dry and crisp. This was a thoroughly delightful wine, reminiscent of a fine French rosé from the Burgundy region. I’d be comfortable paying $20-25 for a rosé of this quality.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm


quality posts: 59 Private Messages bahwm

The other night, ddeuddeg and I had the great fortune of being able to taste the 2016 Vigilance Pinot Noir Rosé, made from 100% Pinot Noir grapes, which were grown in Colusa County, a bit northwest of Sacramento, CA. This is such a young vintage that it most likely was just recently bottled. This may sound cliché, but this wine is a beautiful rosé color--nice and clear. On the nose, I got a lot of strawberry and maybe some other berry and also, kiwi. It has a very pleasing nose and paired well with our halibut, with a soy, ginger, and cilantro sauce; steamed asparagus with lemon juice and pepper and rice. I never thought that a wine would taste soooo good after asparagus, but this one did! On the palate, I got more strawberries, but it seemed like the strawberries were not as pronounced as they were on the nose. I also noticed a bit of citrus. Maybe this is what complemented the asparagus? There was a nice acidity and nice balance, along with a certain crispness and a long finish. Be prepared for a dry rosé. It is likely that this wine was aged in stainless, but I would like confirmation from the winery on this.

I really enjoyed this wine a lot. I can see enjoying this wine on Shakespeare Hill in Delaware Park in Buffalo, NY during one of our plays this summer or simply while sitting on the porch or patio. This will be coming to our home soon! We are looking forward to enjoying it this summer.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

p2367


quality posts: 1 Private Messages p2367
cortot20 wrote:Finally all is right with the world!



imagine my surprise to click on a rosé and find...a rosé

kaolis


quality posts: 67 Private Messages kaolis
p2367 wrote:imagine my surprise to click on a rosé and find...a rosé



I researched this wine days ago for some reason. And whattya know, it's today's woot offer. Weird.

KRay05


quality posts: 2 Private Messages KRay05



Lucky Day!!! Me and my significant other got to try out the Vigilance 2016 Rose from California.

This Rose appeared to be light pink in appearance. On the nose I mostly got strawberries and my girlfriend said light berries with some citrus undertones.

Now for the taste, definitely a dry Rose which both of us love. Crisp with a champagne feel with slight berry undertones that opened up as we continued tasting it. I would say strawberry was the most pronounced. She described it as citrus raspberry dry with high acidity and fuller body.

Overall we both gave it 4 out of 5 stars and estimated the cost at $15 and $20 respectively. We again both love dry rose and this totally held up as one. We would buy it again.

We had it with a spicy sausage and kale soup and it worked well with spice.

Cheers!



intodogs


quality posts: 5 Private Messages intodogs

Can we confirm if this is a stainless offering?? If so, I'm in for sure. Pool will be opened in 10 days!!

losthighwayz


quality posts: 83 Private Messages losthighwayz
KRay05 wrote:

Lucky Day!!! Me and my significant other got to try out the Vigilance 2016 Rose from California.

This Rose appeared to be light pink in appearance. On the nose I mostly got strawberries and my girlfriend said light berries with some citrus undertones.

Now for the taste, definitely a dry Rose which both of us love. Crisp with a champagne feel with slight berry undertones that opened up as we continued tasting it. I would say strawberry was the most pronounced. She described it as citrus raspberry dry with high acidity and fuller body.

Overall we both gave it 4 out of 5 stars and estimated the cost at $15 and $20 respectively. We again both love dry rose and this totally held up as one. We would buy it again.

We had it with a spicy sausage and kale soup and it worked well with spice.

Cheers!





Is that a diaper? 😁

"The older I get the better I was"

theglassrat


quality posts: 3 Private Messages theglassrat

Thank you, Grape Debaters! (And no thanks from my wallet, as I just put in for two).

bahwm


quality posts: 59 Private Messages bahwm
losthighwayz wrote:Is that a diaper? 😁

That looks like a padded envelope to me!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

chipgreen


quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen
bahwm wrote:That looks like a padded envelope to me!

affirmative

losthighwayz


quality posts: 83 Private Messages losthighwayz

[quote postid="7153336" user="bahwm"]That looks like a padded envelope to me![/

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz


quality posts: 83 Private Messages losthighwayz
theglassrat wrote:Thank you, Grape Debaters! (And no thanks from my wallet, as I just put in for two).



+1

"The older I get the better I was"

KRay05


quality posts: 2 Private Messages KRay05

Padded envelope it is! 😬

losthighwayz


quality posts: 83 Private Messages losthighwayz
bahwm wrote:The other night, ddeuddeg and I had the great fortune of being able to taste the 2016 Vigilance Pinot Noir Rosé, made from 100% Pinot Noir grapes, which were grown in Colusa County, a bit northwest of Sacramento, CA. This is such a young vintage that it most likely was just recently bottled. This may sound cliché, but this wine is a beautiful rosé color--nice and clear. On the nose, I got a lot of strawberry and maybe some other berry and also, kiwi. It has a very pleasing nose and paired well with our halibut, with a soy, ginger, and cilantro sauce; steamed asparagus with lemon juice and pepper and rice. I never thought that a wine would taste soooo good after asparagus, but this one did! On the palate, I got more strawberries, but it seemed like the strawberries were not as pronounced as they were on the nose. I also noticed a bit of citrus. Maybe this is what complemented the asparagus? There was a nice acidity and nice balance, along with a certain crispness and a long finish. Be prepared for a dry rosé. It is likely that this wine was aged in stainless, but I would like confirmation from the winery on this.

I really enjoyed this wine a lot. I can see enjoying this wine on Shakespeare Hill in Delaware Park in Buffalo, NY during one of our plays this summer or simply while sitting on the porch or patio. This will be coming to our home soon! We are looking forward to enjoying it this summer.



Enabler. 😉

Last wooter to woot: losthighwayz
Last purchase: a few seconds ago

"The older I get the better I was"

bahwm


quality posts: 59 Private Messages bahwm
losthighwayz wrote:Enabler. 😉

Last wooter to woot: losthighwayz
Last purchase: a few seconds ago


TeeHee!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cortot20


quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20

FYI
The bottle that arrived does not say Pinot noir anywhere on it.

CT

InFrom


quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
cortot20 wrote:FYI
The bottle that arrived does not say Pinot noir anywhere on it.

Is it the right vintage?