otolith

quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith

Hard to believe we are already 4 months behind us in 2017!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

coynedj

quality posts: 11 Private Messages coynedj
otolith wrote:Hard to believe we are already 4 months behind us in 2017!

The snowfall here in South Dakota has me thinking.... spring?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 11 QPs?

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman

Seriously...how is it May already?!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All the news for the week of April 30!

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

May
mid-May: NYC #22: Third Time is the Charm!

Summer
TBD: SoCal Summer Concert Interest Thread

July 2018
Mid-July:2018 RPM Tour Planning

Pending
TBD: NoVA/DC #??: Mystery Case Demystified
TBD: Atlanta #1: Looking for Wooters in the ATL!
TBD: Napa/Sonoma Weekend, Mourning the demise of DnD
TBD: NYC #21: Trying to kickstart the team Not to be confused with the NYC #21 below.
TBD: Seattle Area (Woodinville) Get Together
TBD: SoCal #3?: San Diego/Lakeside
TBD: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

Somebody posted in the wrong pub...so we have to bump this one

otolith

klezman wrote:Somebody posted in the wrong pub...so we have to bump this one

Still are. Must be having a hard time adjusting to May.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

tiger7610

quality posts: 21 Private Messages tiger7610

Question for owners of robot vacuums, I have only hardwood floors or really ancient linolium, but I also have furniture in those rooms, so its not an easy floor layout for a robot vacuum. Any suggestion for which one I should get? I suffer from dust allergies (and apparently every other allergy this time around), so something with a HIPAA filter would be good. Any suggestions? On grad school salary I really cannot afford a 600 dollar vaccuum.

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
tiger7610 wrote:Question for owners of robot vacuums, I have only hardwood floors or really ancient linolium, but I also have furniture in those rooms, so its not an easy floor layout for a robot vacuum. Any suggestion for which one I should get? I suffer from dust allergies (and apparently every other allergy this time around), so something with a HEPA filter would be good. Any suggestions? On grad school salary I really cannot afford a 600 dollar vaccuum.

Fixed it for ya. (HIPAA ones just screen out your protected health information.)

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:but it didn't taste like Chard!

There are 2 types, Chardonnay from oak barrels (buttery, oak bombs, chewing on furniture type) or Un-Oaked ones, like Iron Horse Un-Oaked.

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Still are. Must be having a hard time adjusting to May.

Just like last month's Pub, where a couple were posting 10 days in the old March Pub.

Edit: Hmmm, one of the same wooters posting in the old March Pub was posting in the old April Pub!

x20             

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Somebody posted in the wrong pub...so we have to bump this one

As you pointed out:

klezman wrote:Seriously...how is it May already?!

They must still be on April time!

x20             

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
otolith wrote:Still are. Must be having a hard time adjusting to May.

Rather does support the argument for an annual or quarterly, rather than monthly, pub.

CT

klezman

InFrom wrote:Fixed it for ya. (HIPAA ones just screen out your protected health information.)

You beat me to it! :D

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Rather does support the argument for an annual or quarterly, rather than monthly, pub.

Why? It just says that people look for the thing near the top that says PUB. Problem remains. If we went to continuous pub, like the what are you drinking thread, that would be the only permanent answer to this.

klezman

zTimothyBz wrote:The opposite of Cathy who wants to make wines that express the grapes that came into the winery.

Is that true though? Clark seems to want to express terroir and the growing season as much as Cathy. They simply have different ways of getting there. Is alcohol adjustment using reverse osmosis really all that different than chaptalizing, bleeding off free-run juice, or watering down the juice?

bahwm

quality posts: 59 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:They must still be on April time!

Not us!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

chipgreen

quality posts: 286 Private Messages chipgreen

cortot20

quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20

Come to the gatherings tab and vote for a summer concert.

CT

otolith

rjquillin wrote:Rather does support the argument for an annual or quarterly, rather than monthly, pub.

True...but does this require a lot of thought or arguing? lol

--John Muir

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
otolith wrote:True...but does this require a lot of thought or arguing? lol

Hopefully none of the latter, rather, just some random and rambling musing.

CT

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Why? It just says that people look for the thing near the top that says PUB. Problem remains. If we went to continuous pub, like the what are you drinking thread, that would be the only permanent answer to this.

But then again, we wouldn't have fun with the OCD folks! Posting in the old Pub drives them nuts!

It's almost like the times we fought over who got to start the weekly Pub! And the Alternative Pub!

x20             

MarkDaSpark

x20             

MarkDaSpark

via Imgflip Meme Generator

x20             

merbill

quality posts: 41 Private Messages merbill
MarkDaSpark wrote:But then again, we wouldn't have fun with the OCD folks! Posting in the old Pub drives them nuts!

I thought you were the OCD poster child, so I guess you're just having fun with yourself.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919
Basket of Chocolate x 25
First Grape Debater

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:But then again, we wouldn't have fun with the OCD folks! Posting in the old Pub drives them nuts!

It's almost like the times we fought over who got to start the weekly Pub! And the Alternative Pub!

ahem! anti-pub.

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bhodilee
klezman wrote:Why? It just says that people look for the thing near the top that says PUB. Problem remains. If we went to continuous pub, like the what are you drinking thread, that would be the only permanent answer to this.

Don't kid yourself, I'd just bring back the antipub.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

cortot20 wrote:ahem! anti-pub.

See, it lurks in the memories of all.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:I thought you were the OCD poster child, so I guess you're just having fun with yourself.

No, that was years ago!

x20             

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:ahem! anti-pub.

Talk about OCD ...

x20             

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:Talk about OCD ...

Like it's news bowtie has some tendencies in that direction?

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Like it's news bowtie has some tendencies in that direction?

Not that, cortot20 needing to correct it to Anti-Pub.

x20             

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:Not that, cortot20 needing to correct it to Anti-Pub.

North was kind enough to bring olds spudsworth back from its earthen slumber.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:North was kind enough to bring olds spudsworth back from its earthen slumber.

North is still barred from my wine stash!

x20             

MarkDaSpark

x20             

otolith

Let's say some is going to go with their family for a vacation in NYC this August. Does anyone have specific hotels/places to stay that one would recommend. This family hopes to stay close to Central Park.

--John Muir

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
otolith wrote:Let's say some is going to go with their family for a vacation in NYC this August. Does anyone have specific hotels/places to stay that one would recommend. This family hopes to stay close to Central Park.

Can't get any closer than the Plaza just save some pennies

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

otolith

tytiger58 wrote:Can't get any closer than the Plaza just save some pennies

This hypothetical family is only baller with wine!
That place is gorgeous! Too much $$$, however.

--John Muir

klezman

otolith wrote:Let's say some is going to go with their family for a vacation in NYC this August. Does anyone have specific hotels/places to stay that one would recommend. This family hopes to stay close to Central Park.

Check Airbnb?

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
klezman wrote:Check Airbnb?

The city gov't has been cracking down pretty hard against them.

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:Not that, cortot20 needing to correct it to Anti-Pub.

But that too