moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

Hi all,

I was in for 3 on the most recent Wellington offer, here. This shipped in two parts -- a box with six bottles, and a box with 12 (a case).

The six-pack arrived last week. The case was due today, but hasn't arrived. According to FedEx tracking, the shipment was damaged in transit, and is being returned to the shipper.

I'm really bummed out about this, as it seems like this might have been the last Wellington offer ever. But another problem is that I have not been contacted about this issue by Woot or anybody else, and when I try to find Wellington's contact info online, all I can find is the 'new' Wellington site, now run by VJB Cellars.

Woot no longer appears to allow phone calls to customer service, routing me to an e-mail form. But I suspect it would be far more productive to ask somebody on Peter's staff what will happen, if he still has a staff. Any suggestions?

North316

quality posts: 108 Private Messages North316
moondigger wrote:Hi all,

I was in for 3 on the most recent Wellington offer, here. This shipped in two parts -- a box with six bottles, and a box with 12 (a case).

The six-pack arrived last week. The case was due today, but hasn't arrived. According to FedEx tracking, the shipment was damaged in transit, and is being returned to the shipper.

I'm really bummed out about this, as it seems like this might have been the last Wellington offer ever. But another problem is that I have not been contacted about this issue by Woot or anybody else, and when I try to find Wellington's contact info online, all I can find is the 'new' Wellington site, now run by VJB Cellars.

Woot no longer appears to allow phone calls to customer service, routing me to an e-mail form. But I suspect it would be far more productive to ask somebody on Peter's staff what will happen, if he still has a staff. Any suggestions?

Email customer service just to make sure that they are aware of the situation, but generally once the makes it back to them a refund is issued. Unfortunately, the chance of a replacement is extremely low.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1002 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

moondigger wrote:Hi all,

Hi there. As noted above, contact our CS. We still have phone service but it goes on and off depending on the availability of staff.

TBH, email for wine is probably better because there's one CS rep that does all the wine issues. He works directly with Wine Country Connect.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

moondigger

I'm frustrated because the box never even came to my door. I'd rather have sorted through it and kept the bottles that were okay and then worked something out for the damaged ones. But no chance to do that because they're returning it to the shipper without giving me the opportunity to look it over or even informing me.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1002 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

moondigger wrote:I'm frustrated because the box never even came to my door. I'd rather have sorted through it and kept the bottles that were okay and then worked something out for the damaged ones. But no chance to do that because they're returning it to the shipper without giving me the opportunity to look it over or even informing me.

Yeah, that's FedEx's decision. It's possible a bottle was leaking and they chose to return the box.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

rjquillin

quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, that's FedEx's decision. It's possible a bottle was leaking and they chose to return the box.

So hopefully it will go back to WD and WCC and they will sort it out. We are passionate about Peter and I can't believe the WCC staff won't make this good.

Do the email.

CT

moondigger

Okay, I did the e-mail last night, no response yet.

But just to be safe, I ordered three more sets a few minutes ago during the Woot-Off. The only problem now is that it looks like the Woot-Off offer doesn't include the library selection. So not really equivalent. But at least I have more Wellington coming before it's all gone forever.

moondigger

Ugh. As I mentioned in my previous post, I ordered another three mystery sixes on April 18 when they came up in the Woot-Off. I ordered them in part because I hadn't heard back from Woot customer service yet and didn't know if they would be able to ship me a replacement case for the damaged one from the previous offer.

Two of the mystery sixes from the new order were delivered today. One was (surprise!) damaged in shipping, and once again FedEx decided to return it to the sender without consulting me.

This is getting ridiculous. Contacting Woot customer service AGAIN. FedEx should give me the option of accepting the damaged boxes or not.

klezman

quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman

Try emailing WD directly?

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

moondigger

I've already sent another message to Woot CS, so contacting WD directly is probably overkill.

I did hear back from customer service about the first order later on April 18, and they said then they would replace the damaged case. I haven't received the replacement yet, but CS assured me earlier today it was still in the works. (That was before I received the incomplete second order.)

Ironically, I originally ordered 18 bottles. Now after receiving six from the first order and twelve from the second order, I finally have 18 bottles. Unfortunately I paid for 36. :^(

I have no doubt Woot will make good on this, either through replacement shipments or a refund. But it's frustrating all the same...