ratnikov

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ratnikov

Definite information:

Date: May 13th
Time: 7pm
Location: Park Slope, Brooklyn (will PM specific address on request).
Theme: Didn't decide on it, so anything goes.

Attendees:
ratnikov +1 (will still pop a bottle of wine).

Regrets:
Cesare
canonizer (drop in)
InFrom
klyphtihn

^^ if you're not in the list, post and you shall be updated.

Please confirm (and let me know about +1s) so I can pm you the address and adjust the planned glass count.

Original message below:

Hey folks,

Let's make an NYC meetup actually happen. I'm happy to host in Park Slope for ~8-10 non-cat fearing people (Claritin will be provided, if necessary).

Theme: Soliciting ideas.
Location: I'm happy to host (Park Slope, right next to 7th Ave F/G station).
Date: How about mid/late May ballpark?

Subscribe!

Cesare

quality posts: 2411 Private Messages Cesare

Sounds good

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

klyphtihn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klyphtihn

Subscribed.

Meow!

ratnikov

Seems like this will be a cozy gathering then.

I got two ideas for a theme:

* I am looking to compare Cabernet Franc from LI vs. Maryhill Washington that I picked up recently.
* Having been instructed about the difference of Nebiollo and Barollo in Venice recently, could also do an Italian night.

In terms of timing, I'm eyeing 5/13, 5/14 and 5/21 weekend dates, but could be flexible with a weekday too.

What do you think?

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
ratnikov wrote:Seems like this will be a cozy gathering then.

I got two ideas for a theme:

* I am looking to compare Cabernet Franc from LI vs. Maryhill Washington that I picked up recently.
* Having been instructed about the difference of Nebiollo and Barollo in Venice recently, could also do an Italian night.

In terms of timing, I'm eyeing 5/13, 5/14 and 5/21 weekend dates, but could be flexible with a weekday too.

What do you think?

Hey, I just saw this! I rarely check the Gatherings tab. Such a nice surprise.

Not sure if I'm even in, but if I can make it, for me Saturday the 13th (or another Saturday) would be the day.

ratnikov

May 13th works for me. How about everyone else?

canonizer

quality posts: 23 Private Messages canonizer

Holy Shit, wooters! It's been a while...like 8 years? So that weekend is mother's day but assuming mom doesn't need me for dinner, I could do the 13th or 14th.

Thanks for the nudge, Cesare!

signed.

Cesare

I can do the 13th.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ratnikov

Great! 13th it is then.

I've updated the initial post with info and will keep it up-to-date for easy lookup.

So far I've pm'ed my address to everyone interested so far (let me know if you didn't get it). Please confirm and let me know about +1 plans so I can make sure to have sufficient amount of stemware.

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
ratnikov wrote:Great! 13th it is then.

I've updated the initial post with info and will keep it up-to-date for easy lookup.

So far I've pm'ed my address to everyone interested so far (let me know if you didn't get it). Please confirm and let me know about +1 plans so I can make sure to have sufficient amount of stemware.

I am sorry to be a party pooper. We were just offered theater tickets for Saturday night, so we're sending our regrets.

canonizer

InFrom wrote:I am sorry to be a party pooper. We were just offered theater tickets for Saturday night, so we're sending our regrets.

And I promise to drop in but I likely have a neighborhood baby's birthday party that evening. I'll make it though. Would be good to see some peeps.

signed.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 69 Private Messages ddeuddeg
Cesare wrote:I can do the 13th.

Alone?

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ratnikov

Hey folks,

I've updated the front page with current status. If you'd like to come and don't have a pm with my address yet, please let me know and that shall be fixed.

ddeuddeg wrote:Alone?

It does seem like it'll be a rather small gathering, but you gotta restart the tradition of NYC meetups somewhere.

Besides, I'd be very happy to show Cesare my new (old) wine fridge that I solicited his advice for.

Cesare

Would love to see the fridge but I think that will have to wait for next time.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

ratnikov

Aww. I guess we'll have to organize it some other time then.

canonizer

:/

signed.