WootBot


quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Movie remakes are ______________ .
  • 48.5% - Terrible 141
  • 10% - Great 29
  • 41.6% - None of my concern 121
291 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

PocketBrain


quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

All of the above.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

snarkyman


quality posts: 2 Private Messages snarkyman

.... proving that movie studios are lazy, not creative, and risk-averse.

xtopgun32x


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xtopgun32x

Tense?

maxikyd


quality posts: 7 Private Messages maxikyd

Depends on the remake. The original "Love Affair" was remade w/Cary Grant as "An Affair to Remember". WONDERFUL. Then remade again as "Love Affair". TERRIBLE.

Calgaltoal


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Calgaltoal

The only movie remake and remake, etc, that I can take is "A Christmas Carol"
We need some original stuff out there. I cannot stand to watch a remake, I just compare the two too much. I will continue to watch originals on AMC, without my beloved, Robert Osborne. Rest In Peace, gentle man.

heartburnkid


quality posts: 5 Private Messages heartburnkid

I think they really follow the 80/20 rule. 20% of them are interesting new takes on familiar stories, and the other 80% are just crap shoveled out to capitalize on a name.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
heartburnkid wrote:I think they really follow the 80/20 rule. 20% of them are interesting new takes on familiar stories, and the other 80% are just crap shoveled out to capitalize on a name.



^^^^ This! Name, actor, or social values.


To be honest, pre-1980 remakes don't fall into the 80/20 rule IMO. Some were done to take advantage of color film (original in black & white film). An Affair to Remember is just one example.

But after 1980, most remakes were dreck using the 80/20 rule.

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.