12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 2413 Private Messages Cesare

Brandini Toffee Popcorn 4-Pack
$39.99 $70.00 43% off List Price
(2) - Brandini Cashew Almond Toffee Popcorn, 14 oz.
(2) - Brandini Chocolate Almond Toffee Popcorn, 14 oz.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ttexhz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ttexhz

bruce57

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bruce57

Woot, why do you continue to treat your customers like idiots? You know that they tend to check prices before buying — and at the Brandini website, each of these 14 oz. bags sells for $15.

Do the math, Woot. 4 x $15 = $60, so PLEASE STOP artifically inflating product MSRPs to make it look like you're offering a better deal.

And, no, you cannot factor shipping into the stated MSRP.

Small wonder you're losing customers and are having to send out so many email blasts of late...

Lighter

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Lighter

Does anyone recall what year Brandini was first offered? My memory - not so reliable - puts it back to the first year of woot wine. Brandon was in High School and participated in the community comments. Or maybe I dreamed it all after watching a rerun of Buffy.

rjquillin

quality posts: 290 Private Messages rjquillin
bruce57 wrote:Woot, why do you continue to treat your customers like idiots? You know that they tend to check prices before buying — and at the Brandini website, each of these 14 oz. bags sells for $15.

Do the math, Woot. 4 x $15 = $60, so PLEASE STOP artifically inflating product MSRPs to make it look like you're offering a better deal.

Small wonder you're losing customers and are having to send out so many email blasts of late...

Humm, $77.95 delivered from Brandini, or $43.45 from woot.
Pretty clear where I'd be purchasing.

Troll elsewhere.

CT

mfalco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mfalco

Woot send out email that wine.woot is now shipping to Massachusetts.

Sells popcorn that day?

blaculadave

quality posts: 24 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

mfalco wrote:Woot send out email that wine.woot is now shipping to Massachusetts.

Sells popcorn that day?

Well, it does ship to Massachusetts...

blonig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blonig
rjquillin wrote:Humm, $77.95 delivered from Brandini, or $43.45 from woot.
Pretty clear where I'd be purchasing.

Troll elsewhere.

How are you paying $3.46 for shipping at woot?

Bruce's point is that woot is comparing to the $39.99 price so $60 IS the right comparison, not $70.

But the real question should be, what makes this popcorn worth close to $13/lb even at woot prices? And I can't imagine who's paying close to $20 delivered per bag. Werther's is out of this world, I can pick it up locally and it's $5 a bag. A few nuts don't quadruple the value.

Neotacha

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Neotacha

[quote postid="7104814" user="blonig"
But the real question should be, what makes this popcorn worth close to $13/lb even at woot prices? And I can't imagine who's paying close to $20 delivered per bag. Werther's is out of this world, I can pick it up locally and it's $5 a bag. A few nuts don't quadruple the value.[/quote]

Fair enough, you're not a fan. I am; I will pay the money for this, since however wonderful Werther's is, I can't pick it up locally.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

FYI for all Woot Wineaux ....

Last chance to show off your bracket skillz!

One hour left to enter the Wineaux bracket pool!

Details in the 2017 March Madness thread.

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

blonig wrote:How are you paying $3.46 for shipping at woot?

Bruce's point is that woot is comparing to the $39.99 price so $60 IS the right comparison, not $70.

But the real question should be, what makes this popcorn worth close to $13/lb even at woot prices? And I can't imagine who's paying close to $20 delivered per bag. Werther's is out of this world, I can pick it up locally and it's $5 a bag. A few nuts don't quadruple the value.

You aren't. That's the Sales Tax.

Shipping is included in the price at WW, so yes, it IS a fair comparison to include shipping in the overall cost.

We've had these discussions in the past, and there's always someone who forgets to include something in the overall costs, whether it was shipping, sales tax (pre-Amazon it wasn't separate as it is now), or something else. We had a spreadsheet for a while that some of us would post to show that, "Yes, this IS a screaming deal!"

Because it always was.

As to why this is worth it? If you had ever had this crack toffee, you wouldn't be asking!

This isn't your 500 million pound mass production Werther's candy. This is Brandini!

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

More info ....

1) Brandini will sometimes show up in local Costco stores in Southern California (they are based by Palm Springs, about 2 hours from LA), but never any other stores here.

Price has always been $14.99 for this popcorn plus sales tax when at Costco. Which is rare, and around November.

2) Luckily, my son lives 30 minutes away, or I would have to hide this! I do have to share, but I don't have to tell how much I have!

3) We call it "crack toffee" because it is soooooooo good. I shared a box at a friend's Oscar party, and I had to leave the remainder!

x20             

billmort

quality posts: 3 Private Messages billmort

The gas station down on the corner has Fiddle Faddle for $1.49

MarkDaSpark

billmort wrote:The gas station down on the corner has Fiddle Faddle for $1.49

It also has Thunderbird!

x20             

billmort

MarkDaSpark wrote:It also has Thunderbird!

...also $1.49

What's the word? Thunderbird!
How's it sold? Good and cold!
What's the jive? Bird's alive!
What's the price? Fifty thrice!

bobby3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobby3
billmort wrote:The gas station down on the corner has Fiddle Faddle for $1.49

My local 99 cents only store also carries Fiddle Faddle as well...

All be it they now charge 99.99 cents & round up per item so its actually $1/box...

gramasheemie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gramasheemie

If I want to pay $40.00 for popcorn, I'll find a boy scout.

redspecial

quality posts: 6 Private Messages redspecial
billmort wrote:...also $1.49

How's it sold? Good and cold!
What's the jive? Bird's alive!
What's the price? Fifty thrice!

It used to be "Fifty twice!"

I never knew the whole jingle. Thanks for posting it. I thought it was just:

What's the price? Fifty twice!

sosptuba

quality posts: 13 Private Messages sosptuba

In for one with no hesitation!

rjquillin

It's called sales tax, not shipping.

If you read the fine print, discussed many times here on WW, shipping is included in the $$ calculation and clearly disclosed. The winery/vendor doesn't ship for free, so any non-delivered price comparison really is woot; er moot.

CT

Toffeeking

quality posts: 41 Private Messages Toffeeking

Some tension in the air here on WW today.
Brandini Popcorn is not like the brands mentioned above and we do appreciate Sparky's assistance in making that point.
Please check the ingredients of the others. We are cooking butter and sugar for 1.25 hours, add the almonds and cashews, then hand mixing the toffee with mushroom popcorn that is air-popped. This is then put on a cooling table and hand separated then hand packed.
The entire process takes about 2 hours for a 100 lb batch.
Taste test our popcorn next to any of your favorites...I think you will taste the difference.
We've been doing these Woot offerings for 8 years and appreciate the support of the WW community
This is NOT carmel corn.

dalem589

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dalem589

Kind of seems unnecessary to be so harsh about something like this. How about a session with your therapist to chill a bit? It just seems to not be your business to tear this offer up like you did. Take it easy please.

PLSemenza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PLSemenza

Have to join with the others, this (or anything they sell) is 'Off The Hook'.

A friend of mine used to say, "If you can't tell the difference, don't pay the difference". Some times ignorance is bliss, and cheaper too;-0 But not for us!!

Time to crack open a Wellington, dinner's almost ready.

Last Wooter to Woot:
PLSemenza

rjquillin

PLSemenza wrote:Time to crack open a Wellington, dinner's almost ready.

^^^this^^^
Just got additional cases delivered.

CT

MarkDaSpark

Toffeeking wrote:Some tension in the air here on WW today.
Brandini Popcorn is not like the brands mentioned above and we do appreciate Sparky's assistance in making that point.
Please check the ingredients of the others. We are cooking butter and sugar for 1.25 hours, add the almonds and cashews, then hand mixing the toffee with mushroom popcorn that is air-popped. This is then put on a cooling table and hand separated then hand packed.
The entire process takes about 2 hours for a 100 lb batch.
Taste test our popcorn next to any of your favorites...I think you will taste the difference.
We've been doing these Woot offerings for 8 years and appreciate the support of the WW community
This is NOT carmel corn.

Thanks!

We appreciate you returning with such great deals!

x20             

MarkDaSpark

bruce57 wrote:Woot, why do you continue to treat your customers like idiots? You know that they tend to check prices before buying — and at the Brandini website, each of these 14 oz. bags sells for $15.

An FYI to everyone ... most of us Wooters that frequent the Wine,Woot (WW) boards tend to forget that others will wander over from regular Woot, especially when a non-wine item is up. And that they aren't used to WW shipping, which is different from the other Woot sites.

What's up with the shipping charge?

Wine.Woot is decidedly weird, so shipping works a little differently than the other Woot sites. When you place an order on Wine.Woot, standard shipping is included in the item price.

So, the normal $5 Woot shipping doesn't apply here for offers. But even then, do you really believe that Woot ships for $5?

That $5 is the "gimmick" that lures us in. Because you have to know that most of the shipping costs are built-in to the price!

But you say, I can buy X (Brandini Toffee popcorn in this case) for $yy ($15) direct from their site, so adding in shipping as part of the MSRP is false!

However, perhaps you missed that part under the $yy ($60) in the cart that says: "Excluding tax and shipping"

You still need to pay Shipping!

So including the shipping is indeed, correct. You will not get free shipping from the vendor. In my case, to Southern California, it would be $12.85 (for UPS Ground), or more if I picked a faster method.

x20             

billmort

Toffeeking wrote:Brandini Popcorn is not like the brands mentioned above and we do appreciate Sparky's assistance in making that point.

The fiddle faddle troll was aimed at a cheapskate, not the toffee artisans. Apologies for splashing it on you guys.