WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Maryhill Proprietor's Reserve Tavolo Rosso (4)

Speed to First Woot:
1m 30.555s
First Sucker:
mill
Last Wooter to Woot:
rlv1966
Last Purchase:
3 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 42% of Wine Woots
Top 19% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 43% of Wine Woots
Top 18% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 6% first woot
  • 4% second woot
  • 15% < 10 woots
  • 13% < 25 woots
  • 63% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 7% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 7% one year old
  • 83% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 89% bought 1
  • 6% bought 2
  • 6% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

13%
6%
4%
2%
2%
2%
0%
6%
20%
0%
6%
13%
6%
4%
0%
4%
4%
4%
2%
2%
0%
4%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 2413 Private Messages Cesare

Maryhill Proprietor's Reserve Tavolo Rosso Red Wine 4-Pack
$79.99 $148.00 46% off List Price
2012 Proprietor's Reserve Tavolo Rosso Red Wine, Columbia Valley

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

CruelMelody

quality posts: 18 Private Messages CruelMelody

Ooh, I have almost gone in on a few of the maryhill offers, but these are available in most stores here in portland. Never seen this bottle though, and I am looking for more local sangiovese after I tried the pedroncelli. I'm gonna sleep on it. Also, woot, if you happen to get some gilbert cellars for Washington week you totally have a sale from me!!

ttboy23

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ttboy23

No tasting notes on CT. Hoping someone will chime in on this offer.

wgblack21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wgblack21

The wine is actually aged in 60% new Oak according to the bottle. After tasting this wine I strongly recommend decanting this wine for atleast an hour, after decanting the wine it really started showing well. Rich notes of red berries and black cherry followed by dried rose petals and tobacco. On the finish the wine had a lingering spice. This wine is drinkable now or through the next 4-5 years. Defiantly a food driven wine. I would pair this with Lamb rigatoni with a spicy red vodka sauce, chicken tikka masala or spicy steak fajitas great value at $20 a bottle.

ttboy23

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ttboy23
wgblack21 wrote:The wine is actually aged in 60% new Oak according to the bottle. After tasting this wine I strongly recommend decanting this wine for atleast an hour, after decanting the wine it really started showing well. Rich notes of red berries and black cherry followed by dried rose petals and tobacco. On the finish the wine had a lingering spice. This wine is drinkable now or through the next 4-5 years. Defiantly a food driven wine. I would pair this with Lamb rigatoni with a spicy red vodka sauce, chicken tikka masala or spicy steak fajitas great value at $20 a bottle.

Thanks, in for one. 😊. It may be sold out by the time I get up for work today. I have been very happy with previous Maryhill offerings.

polarbear22

quality posts: 41 Private Messages polarbear22

2012 Maryhill Proprietor’s Reserve Tavola Rosso

Got the lucky golden ticket. The monkeys flew in with a bottle for debating. We let it rest in the cellar for a few days to get over that travel shock, and give us time to plan a meal to pair with it.

This is a Super Tuscan blend of 75% Sangiovese and 25% Cabernet, so we went to Italian, and decided on a lasagna. Made with Italian Sausage. Garfield has nothing on us.

Decanted for an hour or so. The wine is dark in color. Anticipating a nice full wine from the color.

On the nose, there are notes of dark cherry, floral and some oak. Now to tasting this beauty.
There is black cherry with a nice acidity, and a hint of pepper. SWMBO found a little light, especially when paired with the heavy flavors in the lasagna. I have to agree, and not just because she MBO. The deep color is not matched with the body of the wine. This is a more medium-bodied Sangio blend. The finish is short, though it was a little longer as the wine warmed up.

This was also an enjoyable wine to sit and sip through the end of the bottle after we finished dinner.

This is a very pleasant wine. Do not expect a heavy Sangio like you would find in a Brunello. Maybe even a little lighter than many Chiantis. This will go great with a lighter Italian meal, not a sausage lasagna.

Winery Site for this wine

polarbear22

quality posts: 41 Private Messages polarbear22
ttboy23 wrote:No tasting notes on CT. Hoping someone will chime in on this offer.

A little late. We slept in with the blizzard. Though I probably only would have been an hour earlier on a normal day.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Happy Pi Day!

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

maryhillwinery

quality posts: 5 Private Messages maryhillwinery

Hi CruelMelody - Our Tavolo Rosso is one you won't find in common distribution and never at this price! We hope you try our Super Tuscan blend or any of our other Sangioveses! Cheers!

CruelMelody wrote:Ooh, I have almost gone in on a few of the maryhill offers, but these are available in most stores here in portland. Never seen this bottle though, and I am looking for more local sangiovese after I tried the pedroncelli. I'm gonna sleep on it. Also, woot, if you happen to get some gilbert cellars for Washington week you totally have a sale from me!!

9774 Hwy 14, Goldendale, WA 98620
509-773-1976 | maryhillwinery.com

maryhillwinery

quality posts: 5 Private Messages maryhillwinery

Hi Ttboy23 - Here are a few notes you can find on this wine at our website!

A lush Super Tuscan blend that highlights dark cherry, strawberry and a hint of leather. Well-balanced and medium bodied with smooth tannins throughout the lengthy finish.

ttboy23 wrote:No tasting notes on CT. Hoping someone will chime in on this offer.

9774 Hwy 14, Goldendale, WA 98620
509-773-1976 | maryhillwinery.com

holz13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages holz13

I was very disappointed after I tried to order. It said it would not ship to Iowa. First time I've ever had a wine.woot that would not ship to Iowa. Maryhill did ship to me another time, and I really enjoyed the Merlot I bought. Was very bummed I could get this one.

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom
holz13 wrote:I was very disappointed after I tried to order. It said it would not ship to Iowa. First time I've ever had a wine.woot that would not ship to Iowa. Maryhill did ship to me another time, and I really enjoyed the Merlot I bought. Was very bummed I could get this one.

Too late this time around, but the next time this happens to you, ask while the sale is still active. Very often, if not always, someone from wine.woot will check on the state list, and if it's wrong, will have the corrections made so that sales can go through. And if the exclusion was not an error, they'll let you know that, too. Especially, as in this sale, where someone from the winery is participating in the discussion. You know they want everyone possible to buy, buy, buy!