Cesare

quality posts: 2357 Private Messages Cesare

Ty Caton enTycement 4-Pack
$64.99 $132.00 51% off List Price
2014 Ty Caton enTycement Red Wine, Sonoma County

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rmbarry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rmbarry

This used to be an *auto-buy* .... but now no shipping to Georgia? What happened?? Second time this week that a former favorite is no longer available for shipping to my state.

kimrowell

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kimrowell
rmbarry wrote:This used to be an *auto-buy* .... but now no shipping to Georgia? What happened?? Second time this week that a former favorite is no longer available for shipping to my state.

Ditto.

woottoady

quality posts: 49 Private Messages woottoady
rmbarry wrote:This used to be an *auto-buy* .... but now no shipping to Georgia? What happened?? Second time this week that a former favorite is no longer available for shipping to my state.

I feel ya. My local grocer is the beneficiary of this shipping zaniness. Sorry Ty.

oldno7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oldno7

GRRRRRRRRRRR NO WI!!!!!!!!

(sorry for yelling)

unixrab

quality posts: 13 Private Messages unixrab

weird... No Missouri??? that's gotta be a mistake... we didn't even have Prohibition here!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bags of Crap = 3 ------> woot 3.0 is DEAD!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

chipgreen

quality posts: 285 Private Messages chipgreen

No Ohio either but I already knew that. Last time I was able to buy Ty's wines on woot was March 2015. At that time, his wines shipped to 28 states via wine.woot, now only 16. I can see dropping a state or three that are unprofitable given the licensing expense/hassle, but to drop 12 of 28 states seems like overkill.

bigbadjay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigbadjay

I'm right there with ya both. Also in GA, and would have pulled the trigger.

kimrowell wrote:Ditto.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages woopdedoo

With a bit of sadness, I just cellared what may be my last cases of wines by Peter Wellington. He has been a hero to this community - an educator, a participant, a friend. Toby and staff have been very helpful and accommodating to all our tours and visits. Salute!

My wife remarked that I have more wine than I can drink in my lifetime. Not sure what she is trying to tell me.

Ty Caton is another winemaker who helped make Tour #1 a magical experience.

tonytocaus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonytocaus

No SC, either. We've been left out of many of the "good" offers lately. Couldn't get the Wellington or the previous Caton. Was hoping the license situation would be cleared up by now, but I guess I'll just have to be patient and hope that pays off... Easier on my wallet, I guess, so thanks for that.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 69 Private Messages jmdavidson
woopdedoo wrote:My wife remarked that I have more wine than I can drink in my lifetime. Not sure what she is trying to tell me.

JMD writes:
Mine, too. I tell her that if I go before her, every time she opens up a bottle, she should think of me.

Anyone have tasting notes for this one? 2014, should this be cellared for a while?

TyCaton

quality posts: 53 Private Messages TyCaton
jmdavidson wrote:Anyone have tasting notes for this one? 2014, should this be cellared for a while?

You could cellar it, but it's a drink now wine!

/tycaton/

bhcompy

quality posts: 23 Private Messages bhcompy
jmdavidson wrote:Anyone have tasting notes for this one? 2014, should this be cellared for a while?

The enTycements are generally ready to drink. I don't have my tasting notes, but I had a few bottles at the end of last year and I was very happy. Smoother than your typical zin, less hot. Definitely a worthy investment at this price

mdctreeguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdctreeguy

For anyone: If you had to list in order from favorite to less favorite, how would you rate any enTycement, Harvey 1869, Harvey '09 old vine zin, Laura Michael (Zatilda)'09 zin, The Spaniard or any vintage/vineyard Wellington zin. I just ask because these are some of the wines I have bought on WOOT and I definitely have a pecking order

chipgreen

quality posts: 285 Private Messages chipgreen
mdctreeguy wrote:For anyone: If you had to list in order from favorite to less favorite, how would you rate any enTycement, Harvey 1869, Harvey '09 old vine zin, Laura Michael (Zatilda)'09 zin, The Spaniard or any vintage/vineyard Wellington zin. I just ask because these are some of the wines I have bought on WOOT and I definitely have a pecking order

I have a few bottles of enTycement but haven't popped a cork yet (sounds like I should, though!). As for the others, my order would be;

1. Scott Harvey 1869 (only Zin I've ever liked more was a Cakebread '06)
2. Twisted Oak The Spaniard (but it's not a Zinfandel)
3a-3b. Harvey's OVZ & Wellington's Estate and Meek's Zins are tied here
4. Laura Michael - I prefer her Cabs, esp. the Barlow

mdctreeguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdctreeguy
chipgreen wrote:I have a few bottles of enTycement but haven't popped a cork yet (sounds like I should, though!). As for the others, my order would be;

1. Scott Harvey 1869 (only Zin I've ever liked more was a Cakebread '06)
2. Twisted Oak The Spaniard (but it's not a Zinfandel)
3a-3b. Harvey's OVZ & Wellington's Estate and Meek's Zins are tied here
4. Laura Michael - I prefer her Cabs, esp. the Barlow

They're all pretty good. I'm not a big Cab guy. Zins and red blends are my favorites. Laura's '09 zin would top my list of what I've purchased on WOOT. I did get a library Wellington port that was very tasty.