WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What's the best type of chocolate?
  • 58.5% - Dark 231
  • 30.9% - Milk 122
  • 10.6% - White 42
395 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ardubu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ardubu

'White' Chocolate is NOT real chocolate!

Ah, the hell with it.

lordbowen

quality posts: 811 Private Messages lordbowen

Semi-sweet.

Also, what ardubu said.

avsfan80526

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avsfan80526
ardubu wrote:'White' Chocolate is NOT real chocolate!

But it's called chocolate, so it counts. :P

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 68 Private Messages ddeuddeg

I refuse to argue with the purists, but you should taste some of the things I can do with "white chocolate," and you wouldn't care if it's real chocolate or not.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

RocRizzo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RocRizzo

Verkade Puur Chocolade
Tony's Chocoloney extra dark
Hands Off My Chocolate Double Dark.
These are the BEST chocolates in the world!

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

dalem589

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dalem589

Yes, but I like it.
White chocolate is not chocolate in the strict sense as it does not contain non-fat cocoa solids, the primary nutritional constituent of chocolate liquor—chocolate in its raw, unsweetened form.[1] During the manufacturing process, the dark-colored solids of the cocoa bean are separated from its fatty content, as with milk, semi-sweet, and dark chocolate. But, unlike those other chocolate types, the cocoa solids are not recombined. As a result, this fat, cocoa butter, is the only cacao ingredient in white chocolate. Because it contains no cocoa solids, white chocolate contains only trace amounts of the stimulants theobromine and caffeine,[2] while lacking the antioxidant properties or many characterizing ingredients of chocolate, such as thiamine, riboflavin, and phenylethylamine.

dalem589

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dalem589

I am about to finish a great dark choc bar (72%) made by Cadbury. Some of the richest and smoothest dark I have ever had.

rjquillin

quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin
ddeuddeg wrote:I refuse to argue with the purists, but you should taste some of the things I can do with "white chocolate," and you wouldn't care if it's real chocolate or not.

There is a place for those you know...

CT

riconsd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riconsd

Why do we have this horrible chocolate segregation?! Can't we all just get along in one big happy ChocoVille?

svwindom

quality posts: 16 Private Messages svwindom

[X] - Yes.