WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Buried Cane Columbia Valley Cab Sauvignon (6)

Speed to First Woot:
12m 53.335s
First Sucker:
vcorradi
Last Wooter to Woot:
Stt222
Last Purchase:
a month ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 37% of Wine Woots
Top 12% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 17% of Wine Woots
Top 7% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 3% first woot
  • 2% second woot
  • 15% < 10 woots
  • 19% < 25 woots
  • 62% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 1% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 7% one year old
  • 92% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 88% bought 1
  • 9% bought 2
  • 3% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

4%
0%
0%
1%
2%
4%
8%
12%
13%
9%
5%
8%
3%
2%
6%
3%
2%
4%
2%
3%
3%
3%
5%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 2354 Private Messages Cesare

Buried Cane Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 6-Pack
$49.99 $120.00 58% off List Price
2012 Buried Cane Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mkorona

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mkorona

Excited to be picked as a Grape Debater and nervous about doing this review justice (love tasting but not good at describing) but here goes:

Received this wine on Wednesday and with dinner plans already for Thursday knew I had to open without giving it much time to settle. This is a screwtop bottle so no cork to sniff but getting fresh berries at first sniff. Poured a small glass immediately after opening - tart berries on the nose, tannins and oak on the finish. The tartness and acidity remind me of eating fresh cranberries. Would say this is a medium bodied cab.

Poured some of the bottle into a decanter. After 45 minutes it was a bit mellowed on the nose but still quite tart on the finish.

After decanting a total of 90 minutes would definitely say it has continued to mellow but still tight and tart - this still has me puckering a bit as I drink it, but it is not unenjoyable.

Poured another glass the next night - definitely smoother. That cranberry flavor is still there but the oak is stronger now. Also getting some leather and black pepper.

Overall I like this wine if I am sipping it normally, but if I swirl it in my mouth it gets somewhat unpleasantly bitter on some of my taste receptors. I would suggest trying to mellow this by giving this wine some time to rest either in the cellar or significant time in a decanter if drinking now, but I also don't think the flavors and complexity are there to devote substantial cellar space to this. I would put this more in a daily drinker type category - it wouldn't be my first pick at the liquor store but I wouldn't say no to a glass if someone was pouring and I'd consider picking it up at $7-10/bottle.

TalismanUK

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TalismanUK

I am somewhat peeved to see that shipment to WV is not allowed. Especially as ShipCompliantBlog.com and FreeTheGrapes.org both show that DTC is allowed. The only caveat is the shipper has to provide a web link to "Fetal Alcohol Syndrome" and "Blood Alcohol."

I will now go to my corner and pout.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 976 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

TalismanUK wrote:I am somewhat peeved to see that shipment to WV is not allowed. Especially as ShipCompliantBlog.com and FreeTheGrapes.org both show that DTC is allowed. The only caveat is the shipper has to provide a web link to "Fetal Alcohol Syndrome" and "Blood Alcohol."

I will now go to my corner and pout.

We currently do not sell for shipping to WV. Sorry.

*** Play TT's Clue EVERY THURSDAY at 9pm CT ***
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

rowdyred94

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rowdyred94

I've been refreshing all day, hoping to get a nudge over the edge on this one. Anyone? Should I be embarrassed to serve a twist-off bottle? :P

For what it's worth, looks like it typically sold at $14, and wine.com had it at 18.99. No reviews there, though.

Wooting gleefully since 2008

mkorona

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mkorona

Finishing the bottle now after work - it's been open almost 48 hours. At this point I would say it is just fine as an $8-9 bottle, nothing to write home about but no negatives today. It has continued to soften, the fruit is bright on the nose and the oak/leather/pepper definitely there on the finish. The price point for today's is exactly where I would put this, at full retail I would definitely spend elsewhere. You get a little more depth and definitely more oak than you would with something like a barefoot or cupcake wine, but this is fairly easy drinking and inoffensive - you can easily serve to more casual red wine drinkers. FWIW I am not picking this deal up but am certainly not saddened to have tried it and had no problem finishing the bottle.