siwbm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages siwbm

I'm awake and bored, so I created the pub.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
siwbm wrote:I'm awake and bored, so I created the pub.

Yea!

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 26 Private Messages mommadeb1

We have had some cold mornings! In the 30's!! Thank goodness it is warming... we will be back in the upper 70's by Friday......

mommadeb1

seriously.... don't tell me I am a pub killer...... again?

karenhynes

quality posts: 17 Private Messages karenhynes
mommadeb1 wrote:seriously.... don't tell me I am a pub killer...... again?

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

InFrom

quality posts: 48 Private Messages InFrom

WEll, it is kind of quiet around here...

I wonder if our friends in BUF are busy shoveling?

MarkDaSpark

Okay we won't tell you that, but we'll know!

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Okay we won't tell you that, but we'll know!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 68 Private Messages ddeuddeg
InFrom wrote:WEll, it is kind of quiet around here...

I wonder if our friends in BUF are busy shoveling?

Maybe if there was something to shovel.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

InFrom

ddeuddeg wrote:Maybe if there was something to shovel.

Our local TV weatherperson said something about snow last night, and pointed in the general direction west of Syracuse. So I guess I just followed the sweep of her gesture and took it out your way.

rjquillin

quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin
InFrom wrote:Our local TV weatherperson said something about snow last night, and pointed in the general direction west of Syracuse. So I guess I just followed the sweep of her gesture and took it out your way.

She only sees blue...

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bahwm

In other news: our tango routine went quite well. Our instructor told our audience after the dance that this was a difficult routine that we had just performed. People loved it! We, on the other hand knew that we had a few errors that we somehow managed to get out of and still made it look good. We felt that we never really "owned" this dance--almost, but not quite. We only started working on these really difficult patterns at the beginning of December and our performance was on the 29th of January! So, our instructor wants us to do it again next year--with more stuff added!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bahwm

I finished up grades easily early this week and have been busily working on the copy editing job. First, it was a quick read through and now, getting into the nitty gritty of fixing the errors! BAck to work I go!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

chipgreen

quality posts: 285 Private Messages chipgreen

We got some shovel-worthy snow this past Monday/Tuesday. I guess it decided to dissipate instead of travelling on to Buffalo...

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:In other news: our tango routine went quite well. Our instructor told our audience after the dance that this was a difficult routine that we had just performed. People loved it! We, on the other hand knew that we had a few errors that we somehow managed to get out of and still made it look good. We felt that we never really "owned" this dance--almost, but not quite. We only started working on these really difficult patterns at the beginning of December and our performance was on the 29th of January! So, our instructor wants us to do it again next year--with more stuff added!

I'm sure you two were amazing!

mommadeb1

Decided to do our weekly shopping today instead of tomorrow. Got a late start and ended up getting home around midnight. Guess what I discovered? The other half of my wine fridge died. The temp was 78! Aggggggghhh.I had scramble to find boxes for the bottles..approx 50. Of.course I didn't have any more Styrofoam boxes,I used those when the other side broke. So now I have all the wine in assorted boxes,in my daughters closet. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the fluctuations in temperature didn't ruin those wines 😯

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON
mommadeb1 wrote:We have had some cold mornings! In the 30's!! Thank goodness it is warming... we will be back in the upper 70's by Friday......

Heh. Highs here around 32, lows a bit lower...

That's Celsius, btw. 89 Fahrenheit.
I'm in Sydney.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

tenuki

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tenuki
mommadeb1 wrote:Decided to do our weekly shopping today instead of tomorrow. Got a late start and ended up getting home around midnight. Guess what I discovered? The other half of my wine fridge died. The temp was 78! Aggggggghhh.I had scramble to find boxes for the bottles..approx 50. Of.course I didn't have any more Styrofoam boxes,I used those when the other side broke. So now I have all the wine in assorted boxes,in my daughters closet. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the fluctuations in temperature didn't ruin those wines 😯

78 should be fine. Just fix it before it gets warmer :P

CT

otolith

quality posts: 26 Private Messages otolith

Monday 04:30 comes too quickly!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bhodilee

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bhodilee
JOATMON wrote:Heh. Highs here around 32, lows a bit lower...

I'm in Sydney.

Seriously, hows the mood there?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

otolith wrote:04:30 comes too quickly!

There ya go

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 68 Private Messages ddeuddeg

I'm in Sydney.

Australia, apparently. Not Nova Scotia, where the current temperature is -2.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

klezman

quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:Australia, apparently. Not Nova Scotia, where the current temperature is -2.

Nice catch

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

JOATMON

bhodilee wrote:Seriously, hows the mood there?

Hard to tell. We are meeting in Australia, but we are not necessarily meeting with Australians. However, the local newspapers seem to indicate that the Prime Minister's support is not the greatest in the world, and there seems to be a movement similar to the nationalistic movements that spawned Brexit and Trump. OTOH, the local newspapers that I am reading may be the Aussie equivalent of Fox News.

(as of 2011-03-02)

mommadeb1

I'm in Sydney.

wow... Sydney?!! lucky you

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:78 should be fine. Just fix it before it gets warmer :P

Mr. Mommadeb ordered the part for the wine fridge that was given to me. I think it holds 300+ bottles. Keep your fingers crossed that it works after we put the new compressor thingy in..

mommadeb1

otolith wrote:Monday 04:30 comes too quickly!

I agree... my alarm goes off at 4:50 and I just couldn't get up this morning

JOATMON

mommadeb1 wrote:wow... Sydney?!! lucky you

Not so lucky. This is a week long meeting, and I have no free time to sightsee. I was in Geneva last week, so no time before, and we have some family issues to work that will pull me home as soon as the meeting ends. We did have a board dinner last night at a restaurant that overlooks the harbor, and once the cruise ship pulled out, a gorgeous view of the Sydney Opera House. We were also close enough to the Sydney Bridge that we could see the groups that were taking the bridge tour that takes you up the top arch.
Our social this evening is in a room in the Sydney Opera house, but I think it looks better from the outside than the inside.

(as of 2011-03-02)

tenuki

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tenuki

Hmm, I don't remember the bonus level ps, is it any good? I know it's pedroncelli so probably good qpr anyway.

CT

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:Hmm, I don't remember the bonus level ps, is it any good? I know it's pedroncelli so probably good qpr anyway.

I bought them.. haven't opened one yet so I can't tell you anything..

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:Hmm, I don't remember the bonus level ps, is it any good? I know it's pedroncelli so probably good qpr anyway.

Yes, but as with any Woot Cellars, needs time, and more time since it's a PS.

Decant a long time if you can't hold it!

Good seeing you on Saturday.

Added the links to the two previous offers in the thread.

x20             

MarkDaSpark

Whew! Finally home. Now to find room for all the wine brought back!

So anyway, for those who have short term memory, this is the final month for Peter Wellington's tasting room. Mid-March (or sooner) is when VJB takes it over. Sadly, it's been reported they already pulled out the section of old vines and put in a guest house and pool.

So I chauffeured zTimothyBz up for his last Club pickup. Chauffeured because Scion/Toyota still hasn't gotten their act together on the front passenger airbag. Not wanting to lose a fellow wineaux, that left the back seat.

Great party, and 2 fellow Wooters (with spouses) were there as well!

First words out of Peter's mouth was "Can you take RJQ's 20 boxes back with you?"

Sadly, had to disappoint him. (Also the reason we didn't bring RJQ up with us ... he always manages to add more boxes than he tells you!

-- end part 1

x20             

MarkDaSpark

So Saturday morning we traipsed up to Sonoma. We stopped at Little Family Vineyards for a great tasting. And bought wine.

I had seen tenuki's Facebook post about being in the Santa Rosa with ajrod for some beer thing (ok, it was for Pliny the Younger), and mentioned they should head up to Wellington.

Lo and behold, they did! However it was crowded with club members, so they went off to Little and Loxton.

So after tasting and eating, and putting Tim's club order in the car, it was time to get me some more wine ... and Tim added more as well.

As mentioned, 2 other fine Wooters were there too. Sadly, this time I remember their actual names and forgot their Wooter names (unlike the other way around usually!). Great people, as usual, and one couple met us at Ty Caton later.

So, Tim and I bid a fond farewell to the Wellington Tasting Room, and headed off to meet tenuki and ajrod at Kunde. Then off to Ty's tasting room, because we still had time before The Fig Cafe in Glen Ellen opened.

One more case later for me, and it was off to The Fig Cafe, where the Woot couple got there just in time to join us for dinner. No corkage!

A wonderful time was had by all.

-- end part 2

x20             

chipgreen

quality posts: 285 Private Messages chipgreen

Sad to hear those gnarled old vines of Peter's that had struggled to survive for so many years are gone. Happy that fellow wooter nathanbsmith was kind enough to pick up some bottles of Field Blend when he visited the winery a few months ago. Even had Peter sign one of them, then gave the bottles to us as a belated wedding gift. That's typical of the kindness of wooters that we have had the pleasure to meet. Love this community!

MarkDaSpark

Sunday had a Corison Library tasting, but before that ... off to Vincent Arroyo!

Great tasting there, and lots of fun with their dog, Rosie. They were out of their PS Port, but I got some more of their Late Harvest white.

Still time, so after stopping at Cal-Mart for sandwiches (and 6 bottles of wine on special), it was off to T-Vine. And their $1 shipping on 12 bottles ... grumble, grumble.

Great tasting room personnel, and of course she happened to mention they had just found a case of their 2012 Chiles PS. From a vineyard that no longer existed. Score!

Shipment arrives tomorrow from them.

Then on to Corison, where we ate our sandwiches and had a wonderful tasting and tour. And they had more of the 1999 Acapella PS Cathy had made. I left some.

And Tim picked up his club order early. Great people there as well.

Last stop was at Bell. Really great hostess there, and since someone had just picked up his last club shipment at Wellington, he decided to join their club!

Monday, was tasting at Concannon, buying their PS Choc Sauce, PS Port, LH Semillon, & some Capt. Joe's on special. Then a quick stop at Wente where they still had some PS Port.

Anyway you look at it, the Wootmobile was full of wine!

x20             

rjquillin

quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Sunday had a Corison Library tasting, but before that ... off to Vincent Arroyo!

Great tasting there, and lots of fun with their dog, Rosie. They were out of their PS Port, but I got some more of their Late Harvest white.

Still time, so after stopping at Cal-Mart for sandwiches (and 6 bottles of wine on special), it was off to T-Vine. And their $1 shipping on 12 bottles ... grumble, grumble.

Great tasting room personnel, and of course she happened to mention they had just found a case of their 2012 Chiles PS. From a vineyard that no longer existed. Score!

Then on to Corison, where we ate our sandwiches and had a wonderful tasting and tour. And they had more of the 1999 Acapella PS Cathy had made. I left some.

Last stop was at Bell. Really great hostess there, and since someone had just picked up his last club shipment at Wellington, he decided to join their club!

Monday, was tasting at Concannon, buying their PS Choc Sauce, PS Port, LH Semillon, & some Capt. Joe's on special. Then a quick stop at Wente where they still had some PS Port.

I miss these trips.

CT

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:Sunday had a Corison Library tasting, but before that ... off to Vincent Arroyo!

You need an Outback

karenhynes

quality posts: 17 Private Messages karenhynes
bhodilee wrote:You need an Outback

He needs a U-Haul.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

InFrom

bhodilee wrote:You need an Outback
karenhynes wrote:He needs a U-Haul.

Here ya go.

MarkDaSpark

InFrom wrote:Here ya go.

Still not enough room!

I forgot to mention that WineDavid wasn't around due to some "Super Bowl" thing. Like who could resist being around my legen (wait for it) dary awesomeness!

x20