aprilbolin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aprilbolin

A few years back, I was diagnosed with a health condition that limits my diet, especially my consumption of red wine. And boy did I ever build up a collection shopping on Wine Woot and other places.

I still have a glass when I have a friend to share the bottle, but recently some of my older wines (those from the early to mid 90s) are opening and being bad. These are wines that just a year or two ago were fine.

I've opened some of the newer ones (late 99s and early 00s) and so far they're fine. However, my husband (who only drinks yucky sweet wines) has logically pointed out that I cannot possibly drink it all before it goes bad (I can have maybe a glass a month if I watch the rest of the diet). I have over 300 bottles of wine! I'd much rather someone who can enjoy it has a shot at it before it ends up like the stuff from 20 years ago (down the drain).

This is where the good news for my fellow woofers happens. My collection includes favorites like Ardente 1997 Cab, (along with 06 & 07), Wellington 08 Cab, lots of Scott Harvey, Gyser Peak, Renwood Zin, Lucas J, McLean Pinot, and Lang.

I prefer not to ship, and to sell the collection en mass via a friend who's a wine broker in NC (where I live). I hope woot will indulge a long-time (very repeat) customer to see if there's any interest here. I'm willing to travel to meet a confirmed buyer, though only in the eastern half of the US.

I figured at the very least I'd let Fred R know there's 97 Ardente to be had....

I can be reached at [MOD: email removed] .

Thanks,
April S

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58

Sorry to hear! Hopefully someone can take advantage of getting a whole cellar in one purchase.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
aprilbolin wrote:A few years back, I was diagnosed with a health condition that limits my diet, especially my consumption of red wine. And boy did I ever build up a collection shopping on Wine Woot and other places.

I still have a glass when I have a friend to share the bottle, but recently some of my older wines (those from the early to mid 90s) are opening and being bad. These are wines that just a year or two ago were fine.

I've opened some of the newer ones (late 99s and early 00s) and so far they're fine. However, my husband (who only drinks yucky sweet wines) has logically pointed out that I cannot possibly drink it all before it goes bad (I can have maybe a glass a month if I watch the rest of the diet). I have over 300 bottles of wine! I'd much rather someone who can enjoy it has a shot at it before it ends up like the stuff from 20 years ago (down the drain).

This is where the good news for my fellow woofers happens. My collection includes favorites like Ardente 1997 Cab, (along with 06 & 07), Wellington 08 Cab, lots of Scott Harvey, Gyser Peak, Renwood Zin, Lucas J, McLean Pinot, and Lang.

I prefer not to ship, and to sell the collection en mass via a friend who's a wine broker in NC (where I live). I hope woot will indulge a long-time (very repeat) customer to see if there's any interest here. I'm willing to travel to meet a confirmed buyer, though only in the eastern half of the US.

I figured at the very least I'd let Fred R know there's 97 Ardente to be had....

I can be reached at xxxxxx.

Thanks,
April S

You probably need to remove your email, spammers might grab it.

You can have Wooters use the PM (envelope at top right shows your PMs) by clicking on the envelope next to your name on any post.

Sorry to hear it. Sadly, Fred and I are out here on the West Coast.

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

spammie

quality posts: 9 Private Messages spammie

PM for you, April : )

losthighwayz

quality posts: 82 Private Messages losthighwayz
spammie wrote:PM for you, April : )

Sorry to hear...what was the outcome?

"The older I get the better I was"