aranderson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aranderson

With St. Patrick's day so close, let's keep things green (relatively). Bring a bottle of wine with a green label, green in the title, or from a winery that meets green standards. If your food matches your wine, even better!

Theme: Green

Date: March 19th
Time: 5:00pm -
Host: aranderson

Feelin' Lucky (Yes)
aranderson - Iron Horse Commanders Palace, london broil (maybe)
aranderson +1 & +2 - guacamole
aranderson +3 - 2014 A to Z Pinot Noir
hershel
hershel +1
mstein - Marie Courtin 2008 "Efflorescence" Extra Brut Blanc de Noirs (Biodynamic/organic) plus 2013 Patricia Green Pinot Noir Freedom Hill Dijon Clone 115. Might also bring a Mosel Auslese for dessert (they come in green bottles)
mstein +1
sukeiasa
wkpanda
wkpanda wife
csiege - Caprese sticks (with basil pesto, for the Green linkage), 2015 Goru Verde Monastrell

Green with envy (no)

Only if I spot a Pot'O'Gold (maybe)
aranderson +4

CT

hershelk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages hershelk

I have something planned for that evening which has already been rescheduled once. There is a chance that I can come later, but I wouldn't count on it. I will let you know if the plans change.

CT

aranderson

I could do the 22nd as well if that works better for everyone.

CT

hershelk

I have an event at my place for an organization on the 22nd, but it is an afternoon event, so should be able to make it. Maybe a little late.

CT

mstein609

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstein609

I can do either date. I will have to think about what I can bring to fit the Halloween theme.

cjsiege

quality posts: 15 Private Messages cjsiege

This sounds like a fun theme -- one we haven't touched in a long while!

At this point, I can come on the 29th, but not on the 22nd.

wkdpanda

quality posts: 14 Private Messages wkdpanda

We are out of town on the 29th, and a maybe on the 22nd. Either way, it just sounds like an interesting theme. Of course, how many will be bringing PoiZin, or some similar label...

-Panda

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad

Great, I'm in.
Prefer the 29th

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

unfortunately i've committed to another event that evening. hope you guys have a great time!

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, #31, #32, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

aranderson

Ok, it looks like it will be a small crowd but I say let's go for it. I have updated the top so far. Let me know if I missed anything. Please feel free to start inputting wine and food choices.

CT

cjsiege

Excellent news! I'll need to get back with my wine. There are a couple of contenders.

mstein609

I may be a +1 - not yet sure.

Wine: 2009 "The Ghost of 413" (Columbia Valley red). Thinking about food.

mstein609

+1 had a prior engagement, will be just me. I'll bring a vegetarian quiche.

aranderson

Ok, people are dropping like flies and we are down to only 2 wooters so let's reschedule this one for a later date.

CT

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad

Thanks
:-)

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

hershelk

Sorry it didn't work out, but glad I might be able to make it yet.

CT

aranderson

I think it is time to revive this tasting. I am going to change the heading and first comment. Let's start thinking of dates and themes. One that came to mind is something around St. Patricks day and the theme being Green (either a winery that employs green practices, a green label, or green in the wine name). Just a thought, I'm open to suggestions.

CT

cjsiege

Vinho Verde or Gruener Veltliner?

hershelk

March is pretty tough for me when it comes to Saturdays. I'm free the 4th . The 18th might work, but I will likely be flying back from CA that day, so don't know when I might get back. If you do a Friday, I could do the 24th or 31st. I could also do Sunday the 5th, 19th or 26th.

CT

mstein609

In March, I'm available the 5th, 12th, 18th, 19th, 25th, and 26th.

hershelk

hershelk wrote:March is pretty tough for me when it comes to Saturdays. I'm free the 4th . The 18th might work, but I will likely be flying back from CA that day, so don't know when I might get back. If you do a Friday, I could do the 24th or 31st. I could also do Sunday the 5th, 19th or 26th.

I don't get back till after 10:00pm on the 18th, so that wouldn't work for me.

CT

aranderson

I must pick the worst times for these things. Let's plan for the 19th. I will move the time up to 5pm if everyone would like to start a bit earlier.

CT

sukeiasa

aranderson wrote:I must pick the worst times for these things. Let's plan for the 19th. I will move the time up to 5pm if everyone would like to start a bit earlier.

19 looks ok for me for now~

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, #31, #32, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

wkdpanda

quality posts: 14 Private Messages wkdpanda

The Missus and I will plan on attending.

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

hershelk

The 19th works. I might be a +1.

CT

cjsiege

Fingers crossed I will be able to attend. (Pending work schedule. Such is my life.)

I'm trying to coax kkv123 out as well.

mstein609

Loooks as if I will have a +1.

hershelk

I will definitely be a plus 1.

CT

aranderson

I have updated the top with everyone's availability so far. Start sending in wine and food choices.

CT

cjsiege

Please switch me to YES! Food will be Caprese sticks (with basil pesto, for the Green linkage). Wine is looking like 2015 Goru Verde Monastrell.

mstein609

Food is still a work in progress, but wine is set. Marie Courtin 2008 "Efflorescence" Extra Brut Blanc de Noirs (Biodynamic/organic) plus 2013 Patricia Green Pinot Noir Freedom Hill Dijon Clone 115. Might also bring a Mosel Auslese for dessert (they come in green bottles).

PandaTamer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PandaTamer

Wkdpanda's +1 here, finally took the plunge and registered my own account! Should we have access to a grill, we'll be bringing beef skewers with a vibrant green Chimichurri, accompanied with a Tempranillo (to be determined). For dessert, Leprechaun Bait (don't ask, you'll like it!) along with a 2013 Pillitteri Estates Cabernet Sauvignon Icewine.

hershelk

I've been traveling so not sure, but we'll have a salad and a roesller Pinot the one with the green belt title and something else to be determined

CT

mstein609

I think I'm going to go for poached salmon. Hopefully I can find some fresh dill at the store for the green.

aranderson

I am so excited! I may have a few surprises in store (not food or wine related). There will be access to a charcoal grill and if we need to we can use my neighbors gas grill (they will be attending). I'll have to find a few more food items to make. I will grab some cheeses (I know there is at least one green one) and maybe some grass fed london broil (grass is green ;-)) and a few other items.

CT

sukeiasa

Oh! Mr. Goodbar!! this is today!
just woke up from a nap.... boo me.

PandaTamer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PandaTamer

Thanks so much for hosting; as always, we had a great time. Bonus points for balloon popping!

aranderson

Thanks everyone for coming, it was a great time! And thank you everyone for helping me clean up, it was so nice coming downstairs in the morning and having a clean house. My friends and neighbors had a great time and they may even be looking forward to the next one!

CT

hershelk

Thanks Amber, it was a success. It is nice to see the evolution of your place as well. Lisa had a good time and enjoyed meeting everyone.

CT