MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

As you can tell, we need a host. Any volunteers? (Some decade, I will clean up and host!)

Host: TBD

Theme: TBD

Date: September 10th, 2016 (Saturday)

Time: 6pm

Attendees:
- jenludwig
- mr jenludwig
- MarkDaSpark

Maybes
- losthighwayz
- losthighwayz's SWMBO
- tytiger58
- kylemittskus
- Merbill
- Merbill's SWMBO
- rjquillin
- kylemittskus SWMBO
- zTimothyBz
- zTimothyBz +1
- JavaDrinker
- CoffeeMate
- Fredrinaldi

Regrets:
- anyone who misses this
- cortot20
- cortot20's SWMBO
- klezman
- molarchae
- time2testit
- redhead11
-
-

Bring a bottle (valued (SRP) $20 or up, or two adding up to $20) and appetizers, main course, or a dessert for 15 to 20.

Food:

Tentative bottle list:

• MdS - something PS (duh!)
  • Wine.Woot -

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20

Did you mean the 20th?

CT

North316

quality posts: 108 Private Messages North316
cortot20 wrote:Did you mean the 20th?

I think he means September 10th...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:I think he means September 10th...

This ... too tired. Doh!

x20             
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jenludwig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenludwig

Well, me and the Mr will definitely be there, wherever there is. Although if we don't find a host maybe we can pull together a small group at a restaurant or something.

MarkDaSpark

jenludwig wrote:Well, me and the Mr will definitely be there, wherever there is. Although if we don't find a host maybe we can pull together a small group at a restaurant or something.

That could work. There are some nice no corkage restaurants in LA.

x20             

jenludwig

MarkDaSpark wrote:That could work. There are some nice no corkage restaurants in LA.

That would totally work. Let's see who is up for it

rjquillin

quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin

San Diego?

CT

jenludwig

rjquillin wrote:San Diego?

Unfortunately I'm already driving from San Fran to LA and flying out that Sunday from LAX, so I think San Diego might be a stretch for us this time around:-(

bahwm

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bahwm

Sparky, Shirley, you jest! To confirm: ddeuddeg and I will NOT be at this event!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

jenludwig

bahwm wrote:Sparky, Shirley, you jest! To confirm: ddeuddeg and I will NOT be at this event!

YES! Please come! :-)

klezman

quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman

Sadly we're out for this one.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

cortot20

quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20

It's my dad's birthday so it won't work for us.

CT

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Sparky, Shirley, you jest! To confirm: ddeuddeg and I will NOT be at this event!

Are you sure?

I mean, you aren't going to do a cross country bicycle ride while baking goodies?

x20             

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58

Not sure I can make the 10th but I will try... where is this going to be?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

MarkDaSpark

tytiger58 wrote:Not sure I can make the 10th but I will try... where is this going to be?

Undecided at this point. Looking for someone to host (hint, hint).

x20             

jenludwig

MarkDaSpark wrote:Undecided at this point. Looking for someone to host (hint, hint).

Perhaps time to think of a restaurant as an option at least to hold us over until someone offers to host. If it weren't Saturday I'd look at getting a larger air B&B closer to people and host there (with permission from the owner of course). I could do that for a Friday night if people were interested, but Saturday unfortunately we'll be wanting to stay closer to LAX. I think my plan is to be down that way starting sometime 9/8. And by down that way, suggestions on where we might want to stay (city wise anyway), I know you mentioned maybe a trip to Stone Mark (which my husband would love love love).

MarkDaSpark

jenludwig wrote:Perhaps time to think of a restaurant as an option at least to hold us over until someone offers to host. If it weren't Saturday I'd look at getting a larger air B&B closer to people and host there (with permission from the owner of course). I could do that for a Friday night if people were interested, but Saturday unfortunately we'll be wanting to stay closer to LAX. I think my plan is to be down that way starting sometime 9/8. And by down that way, suggestions on where we might want to stay (city wise anyway), I know you mentioned maybe a trip to Stone Mark (which my husband would love love love).

Looking into some ... need to call and verify corkage.

x20             

rjquillin

quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Looking into some ... need to call and verify corkage.

Hope you have better luck there than I did down here for a Saturday pulling-of-the-corks when Otolith visits.
Did get Top of the Market to discount their normal corkage from $25 to $15 however.

CT

MarkDaSpark

Looking like Tony P's in Marina Del Rey. $12 corkage, plus view of marina.

5pm sound good? Or 6pm?

Rest are all $15. Sadly, Upstairs2 no longer has agreement with The Wine House downstairs, where any bottle purchased there was free corkage.

Edit: 6pm it is!

x20             

MarkDaSpark

Google Maps for Tony P's ... https://goo.gl/maps/4xtzTTs6Cpt

4445 Admiralty Way, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

x20             

tytiger58

quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58

Sorry for the late reply! have not checked this thread in a long time.

Sadly we can't make this one we have family visiting.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

MarkDaSpark

tytiger58 wrote:Sorry for the late reply! have not checked this thread in a long time.

Sadly we can't make this one we have family visiting.

Well, you missed a Schug PN and a Woot Cellars Revelry. Along with fine dining with a wonderful view and great people.

x20