cortot20


quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20

We have done this the last couple of years and it's a fun evening of good wine, food and friends. Tickets are around $20 for lawn seats and byob is recommended. Details will be forthcoming.



https://d17my9ypnvqzep.cloudfront.net/35C5F64E-D137-45E8-A1E4-83D0CF1E97FB/9cee965b-4879-45ff-ac66-9066ad8ac2ea.pdf


Attendees
Cortot +1



Maybes
Tytiger +1
MDS
Losthighwayz +1
Merbil
Klez
Kyle
Cjsiege
ddeuddeg & Bahwm
RJQ

Regrets

CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58

Calendar is marked, we are in again

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark



Sadly, I'm out. 2 events already that day ... High School reunion and Grand-Nephew's 1st Birthday party!

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Sadly, I'm out. 2 events already that day ... High School reunion and Grand-Nephew's 1st Birthday party!



Do people still go to high school reunion's??

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman

Probably in...put it on the calendar

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58

I think this is the perfect opportunity to bring the 92 Dunn mag I just picked up

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tytiger58 wrote:Do people still go to high school reunion's??



Yes ... it's a combined 5 year (78 - 82) reunion picnic.

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

merbill


quality posts: 40 Private Messages merbill
MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes ... it's a combined 5 year (78 - 82) reunion picnic.



Wait...you had friends before you could bribe them with wine?

I don't know who Phil is, but I'd like to go (with my +1) if I can work it out.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919
Basket of Chocolate x 24
First Grape Debater

cortot20


quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20
tytiger58 wrote:I think this is the perfect opportunity to bring the 92 Dunn mag I just picked up



I agree with you!

CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
cortot20 wrote:I agree with you!



And i'm thinking a mag of 2010 Scott Harvey 1869? Great way to finally drink some of these space eaters

If it's just me and you Cory we will have some serious drinking to do...

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




cortot20


quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20
tytiger58 wrote:And i'm thinking a mag of 2010 Scott Harvey 1869? Great way to finally drink some of these space eaters

If it's just me and you Cory we will have some serious drinking to do...



I think we killed a mag of pink crack last year and about 12 other bottles. I have no doubt we can do it!

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
merbill wrote:Wait...you had friends before you could bribe them with wine?

I don't know who Phil is, but I'd like to go (with my +1) if I can work it out.



I realize that concept (friends you don't need to bribe with wine) is foreign to you, but it helps if one can read. At least that worked for me in High School and before.

There are many self-help books, and I think this one will help you best: How to Make & Keep Friends: Tips for Kids to Overcome 50 Common Social Challenges


       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

losthighwayz


quality posts: 82 Private Messages losthighwayz
MarkDaSpark wrote:I realize that concept (friends you don't need to bribe with wine) is foreign to you, but it helps if one can read. At least that worked for me in High School and before.

There are many self-help books, and I think this one will help you best: How to Make & Keep Friends: Tips for Kids to Overcome 50 Common Social Challenges



I see you've been doing your homework (hence your inevitable tardiness) before joining us at so cal gatherings...

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz


quality posts: 82 Private Messages losthighwayz

Lost +1 are in...maybe +3. What is the date?

"The older I get the better I was"

cortot20


quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20
losthighwayz wrote:Lost +1 are in...maybe +3. What is the date?



July 9th.

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
losthighwayz wrote:I see you've been doing your homework (hence your inevitable tardiness) before joining us at so cal gatherings...



No homework, just weighing the pros and cons of attending .... so many of them to go thru!

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cjsiege


quality posts: 15 Private Messages cjsiege

I'll be in town -- relatively speaking. LMK how I can join in the festivities!

cortot20


quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20
cjsiege wrote:I'll be in town -- relatively speaking. LMK how I can join in the festivities!



If you're staying in LA, or the SGV we can probably arrange for a carpool. The track is about a 1/2 hour from downtown.

CT

cjsiege


quality posts: 15 Private Messages cjsiege
cortot20 wrote:If you're staying in LA, or the SGV we can probably arrange for a carpool. The track is about a 1/2 hour from downtown.



Not sure where SGV is, but I'm probably out of the way. I'll be "a bit south" of the city. Trust me -- you don't want to wait on me to drive in!

Thanks for the offer!

klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
cjsiege wrote:Not sure where SGV is, but I'm probably out of the way. I'll be "a bit south" of the city. Trust me -- you don't want to wait on me to drive in!

Thanks for the offer!



Sparky comes from that direction, as does Ron if he can make it. There may be options! And if you're near the Blue Line or other some such thing, a meetup near downtown is also feasible.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

enriquei


quality posts: 17 Private Messages enriquei

Sounds fun!

kylemittskus


quality posts: 257 Private Messages kylemittskus

We may be camping that week, but if we aren't, I'll probably join.

Watching...

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

What time does this start? May not be able to make it to the reunion. Still have the grand nephew's bday party. So might be able to swing by.


       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20


quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:What time does this start? May not be able to make it to the reunion. Still have the grand nephew's bday party. So might be able to swing by.



I think gates open at 5:00 but music doesn't start until dusk. Usually 8ish. But we usually eat and drink and socialize until the orchestra starts.

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:Sparky comes from that direction, as does Ron if he can make it. There may be options! And if you're near the Blue Line or other some such thing, a meetup near downtown is also feasible.



Normally I would, but not this time. And she's normally in-between RJ and I.

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
MarkDaSpark wrote:Normally I would, but not this time. And she's normally in-between RJ and I.



So what you're saying is that Ron needs to come to this...

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:So what you're saying is that Ron needs to come to this...



Duh!

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

losthighwayz


quality posts: 82 Private Messages losthighwayz
cortot20 wrote:We have done this the last couple of years and it's a fun evening of good wine, food and friends. Tickets are around $20 for lawn seats and byob is recommended. Details will be forthcoming.

There is also a chance at a round two on 8/20/16 if we are going to be in town.

https://d17my9ypnvqzep.cloudfront.net/35C5F64E-D137-45E8-A1E4-83D0CF1E97FB/9cee965b-4879-45ff-ac66-9066ad8ac2ea.pdf



Uber or Lyft work as well.

"The older I get the better I was"

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58

Is it July 9th yet?!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




cortot20


quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20
tytiger58 wrote:Is it July 9th yet?!



Wishing it was, these cool evenings we've been having would be perfect.

I'll start getting this a bit more organized when we get into June.

CT

losthighwayz


quality posts: 82 Private Messages losthighwayz
tytiger58 wrote:Is it July 9th yet?!



It's July 9?

"The older I get the better I was"

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
losthighwayz wrote:It's July 9?



Reading is fundamental:rolls eyes:

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:Wishing it was, these cool evenings we've been having would be perfect.

I'll start getting this a bit more organized when we get into June.



We're into June ...


And you can move me into the Yes column.

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
MarkDaSpark wrote:We're into June ...


And you can move me into the Yes column.



Nice!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




bahwm


quality posts: 56 Private Messages bahwm

ddeuddeg & I are planning on visiting 91 year old cousin Alice in Ontario around that time, just have to totally confirm with her. It will probably take a week or so--she can't really hear well on the phone and so, will have to rely on snailmail. Would love to see you guys and gals again. CJ, I'm not sure exactly where you are right now out there. We could possibly help with transportation. Message or text me.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 231 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tytiger58 wrote:Nice!



It helps when they move the Grand-Nephew's 1st bday party to the next day!


       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman
bahwm wrote:ddeuddeg & I are planning on visiting 91 year old cousin Alice in Ontario around that time, just have to totally confirm with her. It will probably take a week or so--she can't really hear well on the phone and so, will have to rely on snailmail. Would love to see you guys and gals again. CJ, I'm not sure exactly where you are right now out there. We could possibly help with transportation. Message or text me.



YAY!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

cortot20


quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20

Looks like our gathering is growing!

CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 286 Private Messages rjquillin
cortot20 wrote:Looks like our gathering is growing!

Ok, add me to the possible list as well; a stretch, but perhaps I can make it work.

CT

cortot20


quality posts: 293 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:Ok, add me to the possible list as well; a stretch, but perhaps I can make it work.



Done! List is updated.

I'll spend some time this weekend and post details, links to tix, etc.

CT