klezman


quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman

molarchae and I bought a house!
Joel and Michelle are visiting the area!
-> time to schedule the wootish housewarming

Joel said Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend was the best time, so that's what we'll do. Hope a lot of folks can make it. We are very close to the previous location - right near the 10/405 interchange.

We figured a fun theme would be to get out something of your favourite varietal (since we're unpacking all our favourite stuff). So bring a wine of your favourite varietal and some tasty food to share.

Come any time after 5pm and we will go until whenever.

Attending:
klezman + molarchae + 2
joelsisk + michelleshari +?
sparky
time2testit + redhead11
losthiwayz +1

Maybes:
tim
rjquillin
merbill
dsapp
anybody else who I forgot to list here

Regrets:
tytiger58
cortot
kyle

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58

We will be in Santa Cruz for a week over Thanksgiving. So we are out.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Should be good. Just make sure you have a spot in the backyard for RJ to sleep it off. Nature lovers!

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin


quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Should be good. Just make sure you have a spot in the backyard for RJ to sleep it off. Nature lovers!

I've already checked out the floor a couple of times.
It was just sweltering hot outside, and Klez had the AC on to keep the wine all comfy, and me.

Not sure I could have even found outside after one night.

Nice rear patio and garden I'll likely haunt in the future tho..

CT

cortot20


quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:I've already checked out the floor a couple of times.
It was just sweltering hot outside, and Klez had the AC on to keep the wine all comfy, and me.

Not sure I could have even found outside after one night.

Nice rear patio and garden I'll likely haunt in the future tho..



But are there birds?

CT

joelsisk


quality posts: 11 Private Messages joelsisk
cortot20 wrote:But are there birds?



yeah, but they are all married...

rjquillin


quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin
joelsisk wrote:yeah, but they are all married...

hopefully they don't argue at the break of dawn like Cortot's (birds).

CT

cortot20


quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20

The cortots will be on vacation in palm desert that weekend .

(We really don't go on vacation that often but I had 6 weeks of PFL to use up this year so it's been badly timed for drinking with you folks)

But I can probably arrange for Rons wines to get there.

CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
cortot20 wrote:The cortots will be on vacation in palm desert that weekend .

(We really don't go on vacation that often but I had 6 weeks of PFL to use up this year so it's been badly timed for drinking with you folks)

But I can probably arrange for Rons wines to get there.



Well I hope you are staying here..

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ctdca-jw-marriott-desert-springs-resort-and-spa/

Fun place

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




redhead11


quality posts: 2 Private Messages redhead11

Ugh, such a far drive :-) We are in!

cortot20


quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20
tytiger58 wrote:Well I hope you are staying here..

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ctdca-jw-marriott-desert-springs-resort-and-spa/

Fun place



My parents own a place here.
http://m.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1008&language=en_US

CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
cortot20 wrote:My parents own a place here.
http://m.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1008&language=en_US



Nice!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




losthighwayz


quality posts: 83 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:hopefully they don't argue at the break of dawn like Cortot's (birds).



Or hoot like the owl at my place! 😜

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz


quality posts: 83 Private Messages losthighwayz

Lost + her are in!

"The older I get the better I was"

merbill


quality posts: 41 Private Messages merbill
losthighwayz wrote:Or hoot like the owl at my place! 😜



I thought we had an owl, then I found out it was pigeons. What a letdown.

For the record, we are strong maybe's. Depends on local family requirements.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919
Basket of Chocolate x 25
First Grape Debater

klezman


quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman

List updated.
Anybody have thoughts on a theme?

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

cortot20


quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20
klezman wrote:List updated.
Anybody have thoughts on a theme?



In the spirit of Scott, "balls out"

CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
cortot20 wrote:In the spirit of Scott, "balls out"


Normally I would endorse that sentiment when drinking with friends but since I can't make it the theme should be " inexpensive daily drinkers"

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:List updated.
Anybody have thoughts on a theme?



Since it is A: a Housewarming; and B: Welcoming distant fiends ... err, friends visiting .... perhaps the theme should be "Wines That Warm Your Heart"?

Be it a daily drinker or something more pricy, it's a wine you turn to when you need a "pick me up".

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

molarchae


quality posts: 5 Private Messages molarchae
klezman wrote:List updated.
Anybody have thoughts on a theme?



Klez didn't like my joking suggestion of warm-climate stuff in honor of being a housewarming...

cortot20


quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20
molarchae wrote:Klez didn't like my joking suggestion of warm-climate stuff in honor of being a housewarming...



To follow that theme. Only wines from Baja Mexico.

CT

joelsisk


quality posts: 11 Private Messages joelsisk
cortot20 wrote:To follow that theme. Only wines from Baja Mexico.



we could taste all the different sangria recipes from the sangria thread?

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:To follow that theme. Only wines from Baja Mexico.



Ooh, fits with tytiger58's theme of inexpensive wines!


Plus I can dig out my Witch Creek Winery wines!

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
joelsisk wrote:we could taste all the different sangria recipes from the sangria thread?



Not unless you plan on spending the night!

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

merbill


quality posts: 41 Private Messages merbill
MarkDaSpark wrote:Since it is A: a Housewarming; and B: Welcoming distant fiends ... err, friends visiting .... perhaps the theme should be "Wines That Warm Your Heart"?

Be it a daily drinker or something more pricy, it's a wine you turn to when you need a "pick me up".



I agree with A and B, but then you went sappy, and we all know that sappy wines are not good wines. I think in those 2 situations, you are trying to impress, so the theme should be wines to impress. And since we're wooters, and we're cheap, these impressive wines should be good values, so bring your favorite high qpr wines.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919
Basket of Chocolate x 25
First Grape Debater

kylemittskus


quality posts: 258 Private Messages kylemittskus
losthighwayz wrote:Lost + her are in!



Check your email; you owe me $$, sucka.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

losthighwayz


quality posts: 83 Private Messages losthighwayz
kylemittskus wrote:Check your email; you owe me $$, sucka.



I do but email not working. PM me and I will take care of it.

"The older I get the better I was"

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 62 Private Messages fredrinaldi

I do plan on attending one of these, location is great, but alas UCLA/USC football game that night (time has not been announced), NEVER miss that game.

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58
fredrinaldi wrote:I do plan on attending one of these



Uh huh sure you do

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




fredrinaldi


quality posts: 62 Private Messages fredrinaldi
tytiger58 wrote:Uh huh sure you do



I keep checking at least

klezman


quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman
fredrinaldi wrote:I do plan on attending one of these, location is great, but alas UCLA/USC football game that night (time has not been announced), NEVER miss that game.



We can stream the game if you want...plus we'll be at it for way longer than the game runs.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

cortot20


quality posts: 297 Private Messages cortot20
klezman wrote:We can stream the game if you want...plus we'll be at it for way longer than the game runs.



To paraphrase, he's doesn't like driving at night especially after a bit of wine.

CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin

28th?

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:28th?



Joel & Michelle will be out then.

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:28th?



See if you can take a post-TG drive!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

klezman


quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman

Bump!

molarchae and I have decided on a theme. Since we're just unpacking all our favourite stuff right now we figured it would be fun to do everybody's favourite varietals! Bring a bottle of your favourite varietal and some favourite food-like stuff.

Send me PM or email if you need the new address.

We'll make some as-yet-TBD food and come any time after 5pm.

Less than 2 weeks to go!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:Bump!

molarchae and I have decided on a theme. Since we're just unpacking all our favourite stuff right now we figured it would be fun to do everybody's favourite varietals! Bring a bottle of your favourite varietal and some favourite food-like stuff.

Send me PM or email if you need the new address.

We'll make some as-yet-TBD food and come any time after 5pm.

Less than 2 weeks to go!



Why yes, I will bring my favorite varietal. And some of my favorite varietal dessert wine as well.


"favourite" .... Canadians!


You haz PM.

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 258 Private Messages kylemittskus

Out for this one.

And variety, not varietal. /pedantic

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin


quality posts: 289 Private Messages rjquillin

Could do out-of-the-ordinary varieties for the C-club.

CT

klezman


quality posts: 178 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Could do out-of-the-ordinary varieties for the C-club.



That would also be fun.

Just over a week to go!
Email/PM me for address...

I stopped counting bottles. My CT