cjsiege

quality posts: 15 Private Messages cjsiege

We've received word that a VERY SPECIAL WINE will be making a debut soon, so we're holding a Premiere Party in its honor!

Date: October 17
Time: 7:30pm -
Host: hershelk

Feel free to bring some other special wine and food pairings to help us celebrate!

In the spirit of being a Premiere Party, think appetizers or desserts. Something to nibble while socializing. (We will not be serving main courses.)

Coming:
hershelk + every +1 he's every had to a w.w GTG (!!!)
wkdpanda +1
cjseige
tripgrad
ddeuddeg
bahwm
aranderson +2

Maybe:

Regrets:
HitAnyKey42
cheron98
chipgreen +1

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 32 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

You can put us on the list for now. That date is available at the moment.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 68 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Just booked our flight. Bahwm and I will be there.

Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. - Hester Browne
Filmmaker/winemaker Francis Ford Coppola says his two professions are almost the same and that each depends on source material and takes a lot of time to perfect.
The big difference: "Today's winemakers still worry about quality."

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chipgreen

quality posts: 285 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:Just booked our flight. Bahwm and I will be there.

I was thinking about driving to this gathering, could probably do it in a little over 7 hours with miscellaneous stops and a longer stop for dinner. Unfortunately, I doubt that we are going to be available that weekend but please put us down as a maybe for now, chipgreen +1.

Hopefully there will be multiple bottles of the "special wine" since it looks to be a sizeable gathering already, with or without us.

wkdpanda

quality posts: 14 Private Messages wkdpanda

This should be good. The two of us will be there.

Note - While I am sure that the host has guest rooms, if he runs out we do have a guest room available (with the usual proviso - dogs in the house).

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

cjsiege

ddeuddeg wrote:Just booked our flight. Bahwm and I will be there.

Excellent! It wouldn't be the same without you both!

chipgreen wrote:I was thinking about driving to this gathering, could probably do it in a little over 7 hours with miscellaneous stops and a longer stop for dinner. Unfortunately, I doubt that we are going to be available that weekend but please put us down as a maybe for now, chipgreen +1.

Hopefully there will be multiple bottles of the "special wine" since it looks to be a sizeable gathering already, with or without us.

Fantastic news!!! We definitely would like you both to come! There will be plenty of premiere joy for all.

NeKlein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeKlein
chipgreen wrote:

Hope to see you there. If you need a place to stay for the night, just let me know. I expect this to continue to grow as we invite more friends and family as well so I requested a good number of bottles. We will see what they send us.

hershelk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages hershelk
NeKlein wrote:Hope to see you there. If you need a place to stay for the night, just let me know. I expect this to continue to grow as we invite more friends and family as well so I requested a good number of bottles. We will see what they send us.

Sorry, NeKlein is a pseudonym.

CT

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 32 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
HitAnyKey42 wrote:You can put us on the list for now. That date is available at the moment.

So I had spoken too soon. You'll need to take us off the list.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bahwm

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bahwm
HitAnyKey42 wrote:So I had spoken too soon. You'll need to take us off the list.

Oh, noes! I was soooo hoping to see you and your lovely wife!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cjsiege

HitAnyKey42 wrote:So I had spoken too soon. You'll need to take us off the list.

Sorry to hear this! If your schedules clear, please consider coming.

wkdpanda

HAK - Sorry to hear that you two won't be able to make it. :-(

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

hershelk

I'm currently at +9 and climbing. Could be quite the crowd.

CT

wkdpanda

I have extending the invite to 2 - but don't have a confirmation on that yet.

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

chipgreen

Sadly but not unexpectedly, we will not be able to make it. SWMBO has too many election related duties. Hopefully it pays off and she will have job security for the next 6 years (she is bailiff for a judge who was appointed by Gov. Kasich last February but now has to run for election).

I hope everyone has a great time!

hershelk

I am probably somewhere between +15 and +30. Many have been to prior Woot events. Should be a fun roll out.

CT

cjsiege

chipgreen wrote:Sadly but not unexpectedly, we will not be able to make it. SWMBO has too many election related duties. Hopefully it pays off and she will have job security for the next 6 years (she is bailiff for a judge who was appointed by Gov. Kasich last February but now has to run for election).

I hope everyone has a great time!

Booo! Job security is a very good thing, but it's cutting into the good stuff!

I'm sorry you won't be able to make it. It would have been great to see you both again. (Maybe another time???)

*sigh* Bummer...

cjsiege

hershelk wrote:I am probably somewhere between +15 and +30. Many have been to prior Woot events. Should be a fun roll out.

Dang! Do I need to put dibs on the blue room?

chipgreen

cjsiege wrote:Booo! Job security is a very good thing, but it's cutting into the good stuff!

I'm sorry you won't be able to make it. It would have been great to see you both again. (Maybe another time???)

*sigh* Bummer...

Yes, definitely hope to make a future NoVa event!

hershelk

cjsiege wrote:Dang! Do I need to put dibs on the blue room?

You probably should ddeuddeg and
bahwm have bids on the cat free room.

CT

hershelk

I've got the wine with plenty for the party on Saturday. I've also got a bunch of food from Lebanese Taverna coming. All NOVA wooters and those who can get her should attend. It should be a fun night of revelry.

CT

aranderson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aranderson

I'm now a yes and may even have a +2! I'll bring bubbles from Iron Horse and some snacks. I'm happy I can now make it!

CT

chipgreen

hershelk wrote:You probably should ddeuddeg and
bahwm have bids on the cat free room.

Belated thanks for offering to put us up as well, wish we could have made it!

bahwm

Getting excited about tomorrow's event. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

Landed! 😄

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad

I'm happy to be back from roadTRIP to Maine.
We've been looking forward to this event for weeks.
See you soon,

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

kkv123

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kkv123

I've been absent so long that I'm practically a ghost - distracted by family matters. But I'm rallying in hopes of attending for at least a short while this evening. And will probably bring the nice woman who arranged our champagne dinner at Makoto.

Who knows? Maybe we can talk her into doing it again, and joining us this time. That was such a lovely evening!

cjsiege

kkv123 wrote:I've been absent so long that I'm practically a ghost - distracted by family matters. But I'm rallying in hopes of attending for at least a short while this evening. And will probably bring the nice woman who arranged our champagne dinner at Makoto.

Who knows? Maybe we can talk her into doing it again, and joining us this time. That was such a lovely evening!

Excellent! Since pleasing your palate was LITERALLY one of our blending criteria, it is only right that you be here to help us analyze the results!

bahwm

kkv123 wrote:I've been absent so long that I'm practically a ghost - distracted by family matters. But I'm rallying in hopes of attending for at least a short while this evening. And will probably bring the nice woman who arranged our champagne dinner at Makoto.

It'll be so good to see you!

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad

Thanks to Hershel for hosting another fabulous event.
Fine wine, delicious food, and great company made last night lock for HoF.

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

kkv123

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kkv123

What a lovely event! Thanks to the host for such gracious hospitality and to the participants for such warm companionship. My guest thought you were the nicest people ever, and would be pleased to accompany me to future gatherings.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 310 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

sounded like a kick! wish I could have made it!

hershelk

Winedavid39 wrote:sounded like a kick! wish I could have made it!

Seems like a grand time was had by all into the wee early morning. The wine was hit, especially after a short stop in the decanter. Seems like it would cellar well. Thank you so much for getting it here on time.

CT

wkdpanda

It was a great event, with a really diverse crowd.

One of the local wino's on tasting the wine, immediately came through with it being a Bordeaux blend, and primarily cab - which is pretty much what we were shooting for.

Its a nice blend that I'll have to get a bunch of for the cellar, and pull out bottles every year to see how its doing.

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda