klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman

http://www.shakespearebythesea.org/wp/calendar/

Who wants to go to one of these performances? D&B's posts have inspired me

It looks like we can bring picnics and wine and enjoy the evening. It was a great thing to do in Toronto. They're doing two shows this year - As You Like It and The Tempest. Locations vary throughout LA, but the home base appears to be in San Pedro. Thoughts? Who's in?

State your show/day/location preferences!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 82 Private Messages tytiger58

On vacation through July 4...but anytime after that.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




cortot20


quality posts: 295 Private Messages cortot20

We are pretty booked on the weekends this summer already. June's out, Julys out, maybe late August. So basically don't worry about us....

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Can you do a Friday night in San Pedro? July 10th.

Or July 12 in Rancho PV?

Would rather see As You Like It.


Rest of June is out.

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Not sure about the wine ... don't see a mention of it on their site, and alcohol is prohibited in most parks in CA.

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:Not sure about the wine ... don't see a mention of it on their site, and alcohol is prohibited in most parks in CA.


Yeah. Alcohol is not allowed in our park either--and you've been there!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bahwm
klezman wrote:http://www.shakespearebythesea.org/wp/calendar/

Who wants to go to one of these performances? D&B's posts have inspired me

It looks like we can bring picnics and wine and enjoy the evening. It was a great thing to do in Toronto. They're doing two shows this year - As You Like It and The Tempest. Locations vary throughout LA, but the home base appears to be in San Pedro. Thoughts? Who's in?

State your show/day/location preferences!


Good for you! Glad we inspired you! Wish we could come out. We checked into it last year, but timing was off.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:Yeah. Alcohol is not allowed in our park either--and you've been there!



True, but that's in Buffalo, where you are all alkies!

Out here in the People's Republic of California, you never know who's gonna report you to the Man for enjoying yourself!

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20


quality posts: 295 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:True, but that's in Buffalo, where you are all alkies!

Out here in the People's Republic of California, you never know who's gonna report you to the Man for enjoying yourself!



I remember when the calphil was at the la arboretum they allowed you to bring alcohol so it may just be permitting.

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ddeuddeg wrote:Looking forward to the 40th season of free Shakespeare in Delaware Park, opening with R&J on my birthday (and PB's) this Thursday.
Nice human interest/season preview article in today's newspaper.



For ddeuddeg and bahwm ....



       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
MarkDaSpark wrote:Can you do a Friday night in San Pedro? July 10th.

Or July 12 in Rancho PV?

Would rather see As You Like It.


Rest of June is out.



Bueller?

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman

This weekend is totally out. If folks throw out dates we can try to get a quorum...
17th weekend is all good for me, and depending on the Cab & Slab the weekend after is also good. Then there's August. Hit and miss there.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:This weekend is totally out. If folks throw out dates we can try to get a quorum...
17th weekend is all good for me, and depending on the Cab & Slab the weekend after is also good. Then there's August. Hit and miss there.



Aug. 22nd in San Pedro?

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

javadrinker


quality posts: 6 Private Messages javadrinker

Depending on the date finally chosen we might be in!

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

  • Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
MarkDaSpark wrote:Aug. 22nd in San Pedro?



Bueller?

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman

There is a small chance I will go to meet my new niece around then, but otherwise that weekend is a go for us.

Calling for quorum!

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

FYI, there will probably not be a large amount of wine consumed. We will be enjoying the Shakespeare in the Park, along with the scenery, so one should be able to drive afterwards without any problems.

In case someone was worried about it.

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20


quality posts: 295 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:FYI, there will probably not be a large amount of wine consumed. We will be enjoying the Shakespeare in the Park, along with the scenery, so one should be able to drive afterwards without any problems.

In case someone was worried about it.



Ummmm...... That should have been the case with calphil but consumed bottles outnumbered attendees. But that shouldn't surprise anyone here. DD's please or call an uber.

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:Ummmm...... That should have been the case with calphil but consumed bottles outnumbered attendees. But that shouldn't surprise anyone here. DD's please or call an uber.



True, but you did have 4 rat bottles to taste.

And I'm only planning on bringing 2 bottles ... 1 to enjoy with the food, and 1 dessert wine for during the show. Although if Molarchae is attending, I should bring 2 of those!

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman

Oy, she was destroyed last time!
We have a ton going on right now...hope we can still do this. Who else is in?

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:Oy, she was destroyed last time!
We have a ton going on right now...hope we can still do this. Who else is in?



Perhaps they are confused. They may not know where SaCal is located?

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Well? Bueller?

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

No one?


       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 234 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Well, that was the last one for this season.

We'll have to try next year!

       x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 174 Private Messages klezman

Next year!
Too much going on right now, unfortunately.

I stopped counting bottles. My CT

bahwm


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:For ddeuddeg and bahwm ....



Thanks! Just saw this cartoon tonight!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast