blairms

quality posts: 6 Private Messages blairms
smartheart wrote:
Another Vinotemp employee told me on the phone that many (what does "many" mean?) of their products arrive DOA or fail relatively quickly.

No Vinotemps for me!

But perhaps some of you are braver than I am so I am passing on the discount notification. You should also note that S & H is included on the Costco offers so that's a pretty good deal given these are heavy items. (On the other hand, the Costco customers who purchased don't seem to be handing out stars galore in their reviews of their VT purchases.)

I picked up the 58 bottle one during their last sale, and it's been working great since I got it. Oddly, that model isn't on sale this time for some reason.

I've considered buying that 400 bottle behemoth for my garage, but I still worry about the Texas heat driving that thing into the repair shop within a few months of purchasing.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg

eCOST has a Cuisinart 12 bottle thermoelectric cooler for $49.99.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

blairms

quality posts: 6 Private Messages blairms
ddeuddeg wrote:eCOST has a Cuisinart 12 bottle thermoelectric cooler for $49.99.

Wow, that's a sweet price.

Cesare

quality posts: 1560 Private Messages Cesare

A good way to search craiglist is:
http://www.craiglook.com/
Hak and I found big vinotheque coolers locally for really good prices.
Examples:
Vinotheque
Vinotemp
EuroCave
Vintage Keeper

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

I didn't see any mention of this one, but maybe I missed it as I quickly clicked through, missing a few pages entirely I'm sure -

Is anyone familiar with Haier Reserve Series HVR035 25-bottle cooler? There's one on Craigslist for $150, only a half-hour drive from my house.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

Do you folks have any idea about coolers from U-Line? I've got a line on a super cheap used one (PDF Manual here) that I'm going to look at tonight. I don't have a cooler at all, and I'm not looking to spend a lot of money. However, I don't want my Wellington, KR and Corison to go off

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

worldofjohnboy

quality posts: 77 Private Messages worldofjohnboy

Just purchased a dual-zone from Air & Water Inc. which comes highly liked on both Amazon and their own sites:
NewAir AW-210ED Dual-Zone 21 Bottle Cooler

Spoke to Air & Water Customer Service and they were very helpful. Hoping that it works out as well as all have said it has for them.

"Every man dies... not every man truly lives." -William Wallace (from the movie Braveheart)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
InFrom wrote:How much they charging you for shipping?

BTW, found this on craigslist, not sure it's really what I want...

That's not a bad price. I have two coolers from CL. Both are about 50 bottles and I paid $85 and $75.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
kylemittskus wrote:That's not a bad price. I have two coolers from CL. Both are about 50 bottles and I paid $85 and $75.

Speaking of typos, I gather this "Dandy Wine Cooler" is really a Danby. The guy's not far from my office, I may have to check it out, or at least call to ask if he has a model number. A 30-day guarantee is nice -- but is Danby any good? I saw someone above say they crap out.

edit: it's moot, item was sold.

kylemittskus

InFrom wrote:Speaking of typos, I gather this "Dandy Wine Cooler" is really a Danby. The guy's not far from my office, I may have to check it out, or at least call to ask if he has a model number. A 30-day guarantee is nice -- but is Danby any good? I saw someone above say they crap out.

edit: it's moot, item was sold.

That one doesn't list a bottle #. The Magic Chef isn't a terrible price. I'd be more comfortable at around $75 for a 30 bottle based on the two I purchased. Either way, I think CL is a great place to grab coolers!

Edit: chase the first one posted. Who doesn't need a wine cooker?!

Even at $100, I'd probably bite.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
kylemittskus wrote:That one doesn't list a bottle #. The Magic Chef isn't a terrible price. I'd be more comfortable at around $75 for a 30 bottle based on the two I purchased. Either way, I think CL is a great place to grab coolers!

Edit: chase the first one posted. Who doesn't need a wine cooker?!

Even at $100, I'd probably bite.

I didn't realize Magic Chef was a decent brand. Good to know, though I'll probably pass on this one. Harrison's a bit of trek for me. I'll look for one that's closer to home, so delivery service won't be an arm and a leg.

kylemittskus

InFrom wrote:I didn't realize Magic Chef was a decent brand. Good to know, though I'll probably pass on this one. Harrison's a bit of trek for me. I'll look for one that's closer to home, so delivery service won't be an arm and a leg.

Search CL regularly. HAK got a screaming deal on a huge Vinotemp or Eurocave (can't remember which). Lucky bastard. Black Friday may also bring a deal or two at somewhere like Target. Maybe.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

With Black Friday and the general holiday season coming up, I hope folks keep there eyes peeled for bargains on coolers and share what they may have noticed here.

Personally, I'm still looking for a cooler that holds at least 200 bottles, perhaps up to 300.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

kylemittskus

smartheart wrote:With Black Friday and the general holiday season coming up, I hope folks keep there eyes peeled for bargains on coolers and share what they may have noticed here.

Personally, I'm still looking for a cooler that holds at least 200 bottles, perhaps up to 300.

I shop online from Cyber Monday on but have never noticed any cooler deals. Has anyone else?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
InFrom wrote:I didn't realize Magic Chef was a decent brand. Good to know, though I'll probably pass on this one. Harrison's a bit of trek for me. I'll look for one that's closer to home, so delivery service won't be an arm and a leg.

I have a Magic Chef 44 bottle Dual Zone from Costco (they actually had a coupon for it) several years ago (2008) that's working great.

Home Depot had it for a while, but I believe there is a new model for it. Although this looks like it. But it used to be less, and I got it for a bargain at Costco with the coupon.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

justinrsanderson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justinrsanderson
smartheart wrote:With Black Friday and the general holiday season coming up, I hope folks keep there eyes peeled for bargains on coolers and share what they may have noticed here.

Looking for a similar deal - as much capacity as possible for ~$2000 delivered.

"If it smells done, it's done. If it smells burnt, it's burnt. If it don't smell, it ain't done yet."

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kylemittskus wrote:I shop online from Cyber Monday on but have never noticed any cooler deals. Has anyone else?

Home Depot often has a deal on Black Friday. Maybe available from their website as well. Work a look.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
kylemittskus wrote:I shop online from Cyber Monday on but have never noticed any cooler deals. Has anyone else?

Lowe's has a 6-Bottle Wine Chiller for $49.00 on Black Friday.

Home Depot may have something then, but they are being nitwits about their Black Friday ad (as in not letting it out).

Circuit City and Fry's haven't put out their BF ads yet. They might have something.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
worldofjohnboy wrote:Just purchased a dual-zone from Air & Water Inc. which comes highly liked on both Amazon and their own sites:
NewAir AW-210ED Dual-Zone 21 Bottle Cooler

Spoke to Air & Water Customer Service and they were very helpful. Hoping that it works out as well as all have said it has for them.

So...it's been a month. Any reviews for us on this?

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Lowe's has a 6-Bottle Wine Chiller for $49.00 on Black Friday.

Home Depot may have something then, but they are being nitwits about their Black Friday ad (as in not letting it out).

Circuit City and Fry's haven't put out their BF ads yet. They might have something.

I don't really need another one, although my two are actually stuffed to the max. I shouldn't be ordering more wine and having an empty cooler may lead me to do just that.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
kylemittskus wrote:Search CL regularly. HAK got a screaming deal on a huge Vinotemp or Eurocave (can't remember which). Lucky bastard. Black Friday may also bring a deal or two at somewhere like Target. Maybe.

It was a Vinotheque.
It was a great deal, and I do love it, though it's not perfect. I've been having constant issues with the humidity within it. The humidity control doesn't seem to work at all and the drip tray in the back seems to fill up constantly and overflow occasionally to even drip to the floor. Annoying part is that the only access I have to that water tray is by reaching through the bottom section of the racks from the front of the unit to dip towels into it to soak up the water. Haven't yet figured out how to deal with it all.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Cesare

HitAnyKey42 wrote:It was a Vinotheque.
It was a great deal, and I do love it, though it's not perfect. I've been having constant issues with the humidity within it. The humidity control doesn't seem to work at all and the drip tray in the back seems to fill up constantly and overflow occasionally to even drip to the floor. Annoying part is that the only access I have to that water tray is by reaching through the bottom section of the racks from the front of the unit to dip towels into it to soak up the water. Haven't yet figured out how to deal with it all.

I also have a vinotheque from cl but have no issues with it at all.
I really recommend buying a big used vinotheque/vinotemp/eurocave/etc off cl for around 1/4 of the new price. Even if it has something wrong with it you can get it fixed for less than a whole new unit. It's usually worth it just for the cabinet. And if it works fine or some minor problem you can deal with then it's great. You will never find a 200+ bottle unit for less than $1000 new.
Mine is 250-300 bottle and Hak's is 350-400 bottle and we paid in the $400-600 range I believe.
The cl search site craiglook.com was shut down but there is another one called http://www.allofcraigs.com/.
For example here is a nice 500 bottle vinotheque located in Bakersfield for $300! Link. A door seal and cosmetic damage is bs! You can fix that yourself for under $100 probably.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

Cesare wrote:For example here is a nice 500 bottle vinotheque located in Bakersfield for $300! Link. A door seal and cosmetic damage is bs! You can fix that yourself for under $100 probably.

Damn. Now I'm thinking about calling...

Cesare

kylemittskus wrote:Damn. Now I'm thinking about calling...

kylemittskus wrote:I don't really need another one, although my two are actually stuffed to the max. I shouldn't be ordering more wine and having an empty cooler may lead me to do just that.

Hmmmm

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

kylemittskus

Cesare wrote:Hmmmm

Dude! That's a crazy deal. And let's not forget... "My name is Kyle and I am a woot addict."

Cesare

kylemittskus wrote:Dude! That's a crazy deal. And let's not forget... "My name is Kyle and I am a woot addict."

I hear you. If it was closer I would go get it and upgrade mine! Wish you luck.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

kylemittskus

Cesare wrote:I hear you. If it was closer I would go get it and upgrade mine! Wish you luck.

I'm picking it up Saturday.

JRummel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JRummel
kylemittskus wrote:I'm picking it up Saturday.

Congratulations, that thing is a beauty... Can't believe it was that cheap if it's really in as good shape as advertised.

kylemittskus

JRummel wrote:Congratulations, that thing is a beauty... Can't believe it was that cheap if it's really in as good shape as advertised.

Even if it's not, all she wants is one of my smaller 40 bottle coolers! I'm giving her some wine to go along with it. Epic win!

HitAnyKey42

kylemittskus wrote:Even if it's not, all she wants is one of my smaller 40 bottle coolers! I'm giving her some wine to go along with it. Epic win!

So you're not even paying cash for it, simply trading? Now THAT's a score! Go you!!

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

kylemittskus

HitAnyKey42 wrote:So you're not even paying cash for it, simply trading? Now THAT's a score! Go you!!

Step one: borrow truck large enough to transport this beast that's taller than me.
Step two: trade cooler purchased for $80 for one worth significantly more. Add a couple bottles of wine for her generosity.
Step three: fill it up!!!
Step four:

HitAnyKey42

kylemittskus wrote:Step one: borrow truck large enough to transport this beast that's taller than me.
Step two: trade cooler purchased for $80 for one worth significantly more. Add a couple bottles of wine for her generosity.
Step four:

Remember lots of old blankets or other stuff for wrapping it up for transport so that you don't damage it. And also remember (since I assume you'll need to tip it on it's side for transport) that when you get it home, leave it standing upright for about a day before you turn it on.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Cesare

kylemittskus wrote:Step one: borrow truck large enough to transport this beast that's taller than me.
Step four:

Step five: give me a bottle (finder's fee)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

kylemittskus

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Remember lots of old blankets or other stuff for wrapping it up for transport so that you don't damage it. And also remember (since I assume you'll need to tip it on it's side for transport) that when you get it home, leave it standing upright for about a day before you turn it on.

Ah. Interesting. I did not know that I needed to do that.

HitAnyKey42

kylemittskus wrote:Ah. Interesting. I did not know that I needed to do that.

The reason is to make sure that the coolant or whatever other fliuds settle fully before the compressor begins operating. At least that's what I was told.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
HitAnyKey42 wrote:The reason is to make sure that the coolant or whatever other fliuds settle fully before the compressor begins operating. At least that's what I was told.

Yes. It was me who said that. It is actually best to wait 48 hours but usually 24 will suffice. Even if it is not turned on its side still wait since the coolant moves around quite a bit when moved.

Flybranda

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Flybranda

Just saw our local Home Depot (No. Virginia) offering ...
Vissani 52-Bottle Wine Cooler in Black (Model # MVWC52B) for $148
I don't know this brand at all but the price for 52 bottle size, seems pretty decent?

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. -Homer

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
Flybranda wrote:Just saw our local Home Depot (No. Virginia) offering ...
I don't know this brand at all but the price for 52 bottle size, seems pretty decent?

I think that is the one I bought last year. It's still working fine a year later.

kylemittskus

If you need a cooler, that would be a buy for me for sure.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Yes, that's a great price for 52 bottle storage.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington