WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Houdini Aerating Pourer w/ Preserver (2)

Speed to First Woot:
8m 37.117s
First Sucker:
princessnisa
Last Wooter to Woot:
wmhaney
Last Purchase:
24 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 43% of Wine Woots
Top 22% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 21% of Wine Woots
Top 12% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 4% first woot
  • 3% second woot
  • 19% < 10 woots
  • 21% < 25 woots
  • 53% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 1% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 12% one year old
  • 87% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 81% bought 1
  • 13% bought 2
  • 6% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

5%
4%
1%
1%
2%
6%
8%
8%
9%
10%
10%
5%
7%
2%
2%
1%
3%
1%
4%
2%
1%
2%
2%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1618 Private Messages Cesare

Houdini Aerating Pourer with Houdini Wine Preserver 2-Pack
$19.99 $32.00 38% off List Price
(Choose Color)
Silver/Black
Silver/Silver
Red/Black
Red/Silver

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3492 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

[MOD EDIT: Similar model as today's offer]

rld513

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rld513

Unrelated to today's offering. This may have been asked in a previous thread, but a search yielded no results. I haven't seen a wine Woot-off in quite some time. I've seen them on the main page, but not for here. Anyone know why that is?

deckerbrian

quality posts: 16 Private Messages deckerbrian

I second the motion for a wine.woot off!

And can we get rid of the wineless Thursday offerings? This is a plus item.

FirstCavWife

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FirstCavWife

Hmmmmm.......so one part puts air INTO the wine and the other one takes the air OUT.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rld513 wrote:Unrelated to today's offering. This may have been asked in a previous thread, but a search yielded no results. I haven't seen a wine Woot-off in quite some time. I've seen them on the main page, but not for here. Anyone know why that is?

Sometimes there's not enough inventory to sustain a woot-off.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

arieltf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arieltf
FirstCavWife wrote:Hmmmmm.......so one part puts air INTO the wine and the other one takes the air OUT.

Technically, one part puts air into the wine and the other takes air out of the bottle.

ferperna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferperna

Is this worth buying? It usually take me days to drink a whole bottle... was thinking it would be good to have the pump to preserve it. Don't care so much for the aerator, but is definitely a plus.

dlschier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlschier
ferperna wrote:Is this worth buying? It usually take me days to drink a whole bottle... was thinking it would be good to have the pump to preserve it. Don't care so much for the aerator, but is definitely a plus.

Just put the remainng portion into a smaller bottle (disposable water bottles work well and come in many sizes). If it fills the bottle, no air no oxidation.

k2wananb

quality posts: 12 Private Messages k2wananb

I'm not sure on the value of the aerator, but I picked up the preserver portion of this package for $5 on clearance at Target about a month ago.

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

The preserver looks a lot like the Rabbit ones. Which have never, ever worked for me for more than like an hour. Whenever I go to open the wine the next day, there is zero pressure and it has continued to oxidize.

If you want a reliable vacuum system, I suggest VacuVin. Someone on here suggested it to me, and I've been totally happy with it; seal lasts, I've had a bottle sit for two weeks and still have pressure when opening...

k2wananb

quality posts: 12 Private Messages k2wananb
greyday wrote:The preserver looks a lot like the Rabbit ones. Which have never, ever worked for me for more than like an hour. Whenever I go to open the wine the next day, there is zero pressure and it has continued to oxidize.

If you want a reliable vacuum system, I suggest VacuVin. Someone on here suggested it to me, and I've been totally happy with it; seal lasts, I've had a bottle sit for two weeks and still have pressure when opening...

I've found that the Houdini maintains a vacuum for about 24 hours. If you're hoping it will hold for a few days, this isn't the system for you.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:Sometimes there's not enough inventory to sustain a woot-off.

... or post tour funding capability ...

CT