2011 Pedroncelli Zinfandel, Mother Clone, Sonoma County, Dry Creek Valley
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
7/7/14

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

winedrew

quality posts: 6 Private Messages winedrew
Cesare wrote:Pedroncelli Mother Clone Zinfandel Case
$109.99 $232.00 53% off List Price
2011 Pedroncelli Zinfandel, Mother Clone, Sonoma County, Dry Creek Valley

Early bird gets the cork!

Samus

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Samus
winedrew wrote:Early bird gets the cork!

88 points on winespectator

I'll buy this so my sister can drink it when she comes over. Gotta keep her away from my good stuff and she won't drink the $5 bottles from Binny's...

room209

quality posts: 6 Private Messages room209
Samus wrote:88 points on winespectator

I'll buy this so my sister can drink it when she comes over. Gotta keep her away from my good stuff and she won't drink the $5 bottles from Binny's...

You snobby wine asshats make the world go round. Cheers!

herbtrumpet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages herbtrumpet
Samus wrote:88 points on winespectator

Personally, Pedroncelli wines are a solid wine regardless of the points they get. Every case I have gotten from them has been stellar, especially when you throw it in the cellar for a year, and give it lots of air before drinking. And at less than ten dollars a bottle shipped...I am in for a case.

herbtrumpet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages herbtrumpet
herbtrumpet wrote:Personally, Pedroncelli wines are a solid wine regardless of the points they get. Every case I have gotten from them has been stellar, especially when you throw it in the cellar for a year, and give it lots of air before drinking. And at less than ten dollars a bottle shipped...I am in for a case.

Okay I stand corrected in NY It Turns out to be about $10.62 per bottle.

Tunes4u

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tunes4u

In for two cases.....One for me....and the other one is for....me.

Down into the cellar it goes! Well....one of them anyway. But just the one that is for me....

I'm gonna enjoy the other one over the next few months....weeks.....ok ok....days.....

whatever!

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking wine: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

kdloeffler

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kdloeffler

Had to be the Zin...I have 5 cases of Pedroncelli Zin in the basement cellar. I need Pedroncelli Cabernet and Sangiovese!! As much as I LOVE the Zin with a steak, we have too much. This will be the first Pedroncelli Woot that I will be skipping... *sigh*

mst3kguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mst3kguy

Anywhere that says how long this can be cellared?

bflohl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bflohl

Been buying Pedroncelli on woot since 2008. Autobuy.

dalylink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dalylink

Pedroncelli is usually an autobuy for me but I'm on the fence. I like their zin (bought this before) but would prefer some other varietals.

vintner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vintner

STILL not understanding why when I used to buy wine from Woot that I can not now. I am in multiple wine clubs and get wine shipped from wineries every other month or so. Why can the wineries shipping for Woot not ship the wine to MN?

Vintner-Wooter, winemaker and stock trader.

vintner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vintner
mst3kguy wrote:Anywhere that says how long this can be cellared?

General rule, drink Zins young. I would be drinking this in a year or two. But then, I have 'found' bottles in my cellar that have gotten way beyond my planned drink by date. I still drink them.

Vintner-Wooter, winemaker and stock trader.

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo

Oh, not another Ed Special - obligatory Pedroncelli is Italian for QPR™ comment.

Still on a bit of a SIWBM but this deal's the closest I've come to breaking it in a long time, for whatever it's worth.

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
vintner wrote:General rule, drink Zins young. I would be drinking this in a year or two. But then, I have 'found' bottles in my cellar that have gotten way beyond my planned drink by date. I still drink them.

General rule, yes, but I enjoy Zins that have been aged a bit. The Mother Clone is one I've been drinking for at least 30 years, since it has always been reasonably priced, and always a most enjoyable wine at any price. They do very well with a year or two of aging (some would say better with at least a year), and I've sat on them for 5 years or more, with absolutely delightful results. We had this one in the tasting room during the rpm tour earlier this month, and it's every bit as good as always. This is, as WD likes to say, a "screaming deal". We have way more wine than we need, but we're not going to be able to resist.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Pedroncelli, always a great QPR. I just texted my nieces because they LOVE Pedroncelli Wines: "Hi J & S! I just checked on woot & there is a screaming good deal: one full case of Pedroncelli Mother Clone Zinfandel for $109.99 and $8 summer shipping. This winds up being about $10.62 per bottle. How can you go wrong--plus, it's Pedroncelli! And the reg list price is $232--that's 53% off! You could each buy a case; buy a case & split it or we could do a 3 way split. We definitely don't need a case! Let me know. . . "

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kdloeffler wrote:Had to be the Zin...I have 5 cases of Pedroncelli Zin in the basement cellar. I need Pedroncelli Cabernet and Sangiovese!! As much as I LOVE the Zin with a steak, we have too much. This will be the first Pedroncelli Woot that I will be skipping... *sigh*

Time to grill some salmon filets and have it with that. 3 Tb dark brown sugar, 1 Tb soy sauce, 4 tsp Chinese hot mustard. Mix it together, reserve one Tb, and blend it with 1 tsp rice vinegar. Brush sauce on 2 salmon filets, put them on the grill, turn after 5 minutes, peel off the skin, brush some more sauce on that side and flip it over immediately. 5 more minutes (depending on thickness), and you're done. Pour the reserved sauce over the salmon and serve. A sensational pairing. Double the recipe and have some friends over. They'll think you're a genius.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mandyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandyr

Love the Pedroncelli wines and almost always buy when the red cases are offered (thank you Woot, for introducing me to this winery!). I still have a lot of zin from previous buys, but can't pass this one up! Woot--get some cabernet and sangiovese in here soon! (Heck, I've even enjoyed the Pedrocelli merlot, and as a non-merlot drinker, that's sayin' something!)

deckerbrian

quality posts: 16 Private Messages deckerbrian

I have not seen anything about drink dates relating to this. My opinion is that if stored in a proper cellar (55º or so) zinfandels will be fine for at least 5-7 years. I have had quality zins store for 10 years past the vintage. If stored in a 70º closet they are not as bullet proof.

My advice, these are great daily drinker for the price. Buy a case and make the huge sacrifice to drink one a month.

deckerbrian

mandyr wrote:Love the Pedroncelli wines and almost always buy when the red cases are offered (thank you Woot, for introducing me to this winery!). I still have a lot of zin from previous buys, but can't pass this one up! Woot--get some cabernet and sangiovese in here soon! (Heck, I've even enjoyed the Pedrocelli merlot, and as a non-merlot drinker, that's sayin' something!)

"I'm not drinking any flunking Merlot!"

jimjr21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimjr21

Again another wine.woot that I can not buy since they removed MO and/ or KS from the shipping list. Second one this month.

PedroncelliFamily

quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
herbtrumpet wrote:Personally, Pedroncelli wines are a solid wine regardless of the points they get. Every case I have gotten from them has been stellar, especially when you throw it in the cellar for a year, and give it lots of air before drinking. And at less than ten dollars a bottle shipped...I am in for a case.

Ahhhh. A fan!
( I can't believe I let WineDavid talk me into that price!!)

PedroncelliFamily

kdloeffler wrote:Had to be the Zin...I have 5 cases of Pedroncelli Zin in the basement cellar. I need Pedroncelli Cabernet and Sangiovese!! As much as I LOVE the Zin with a steak, we have too much. This will be the first Pedroncelli Woot that I will be skipping... *sigh*

I'm sorry, Pedroncelli is Italian for "Never enough Zin in the cellar!"

PedroncelliFamily

Julie says "Three to five years" on the fact sheet. I think that's kind of funny because it usually cellars about 3 to 5 DAYS around our house! Our Zin tend to be "Spice bombs" as opposed to fruit bombs. The ABV is under 15% and they have a little more structure (from the 6% Petite Sirah blend) so they age well by Zin standards.
Most folks here will tell you to sit on them for 6 months to a year. I'm not that patient!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PedroncelliFamily wrote:I'm sorry, Pedroncelli is Italian for "Never enough Zin in the cellar!"

Morning Ed! Welcome back!

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bdalglish08

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdalglish08

Last Wooter to Woot:
bdalglish08

I got it!! just barely!! My first last wooter woot!

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Julie says "Three to five years" on the fact sheet. I think that's kind of funny because it usually cellars about 3 to 5 DAYS around our house! Our Zin tend to be "Spice bombs" as opposed to fruit bombs. The ABV is under 15% and they have a little more structure (from the 6% Petite Sirah blend) so they age well by Zin standards.
Most folks here will tell you to sit on them for 6 months to a year. I'm not that patient!

Ed....see PM.

Thanks!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

bdalglish08 wrote:Last Wooter to Woot:
bdalglish08

nice work!

deckerbrian

Wow! Glad I didn't hesitate.

How about a bonus Pedroncelli offering. You have to have more wine laying around somewhere.

Thanks for the original offering. Cheers.

mjkilroy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjkilroy

Dang - missed out on what for me is always an autobuy.

PedroncelliFamily

bdalglish08 wrote:Last Wooter to Woot:
bdalglish08

so YOU are the one causing me to scramble this morning!!

1080me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1080me
deckerbrian wrote:Wow! Glad I didn't hesitate.

How about a bonus Pedroncelli offering. You have to have more wine laying around somewhere.

YESSS!!!

rpm

quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm

This is a really great price on a very solid Zinfandel from Pedroncelli. I'm pretty sure we had this (along with the lovely 2012 Friends Red) at lunch on the Tour and it's a very good value for a daily drinking Zinfandel. 2011 was a difficult vintage for reds for almost everyone in Sonoma and Napa, but John did a nice job with this. Just the thing for your Fall picnics (tailgating?) and your Winter parties where a bracing red wine just feels right.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

PedroncelliFamily

deckerbrian wrote:Wow! Glad I didn't hesitate.

Working on it. Working on it!

PedroncelliFamily

For all of you that work the back channels...I need to wait and see exactly how many cases sold. This was the tail end of this vintage. If you missed this offer give the office a call to get your name on the list...800-836-3894, I think there were about 5 or 6 extra cases.

mandyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandyr
deckerbrian wrote:"I'm not drinking any flunking Merlot!"

Bwaahahahaha! That's normally my line on merlot! Got a few bottles in a Pedroncelli mixed case a couple of years ago and thought I'd try one figuring I could always gift the other two if I didn't like them. I actually drank the whole bottle and another while only gifting one. Pedroncelli wines have become a favorite for me (but I'll never be a merlot fan!).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PedroncelliFamily wrote:so YOU are the one causing me to scramble this morning!!

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Working on it. Working on it!

a Cab would be nice

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
vintner wrote:General rule, drink Zins young. I would be drinking this in a year or two. But then, I have 'found' bottles in my cellar that have gotten way beyond my planned drink by date. I still drink them.

Generally, yes, but just a couple weeks ago we opened a bottle of Limerick Lane Old Vines Zin from the 2001 vintage that tasted incredible.

Glad I bought a couple of cases of this from my phone this morning!