WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Monticello Rose of Syrah Mini-Vertical (4)

Speed to First Woot:
8m 29.558s
First Sucker:
jessicaferrari
Last Wooter to Woot:
scphillips
Last Purchase:
4 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 26% of Wine Woots
Top 40% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 24% of Wine Woots
Top 47% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 0% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 17% < 10 woots
  • 25% < 25 woots
  • 57% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 0% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 12% one year old
  • 88% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 92% bought 1
  • 8% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

8%
0%
4%
0%
4%
0%
4%
4%
4%
8%
4%
4%
4%
8%
4%
4%
4%
0%
12%
4%
0%
0%
8%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1697 Private Messages Cesare

Monticello Vineyards Napa Valley Rose of Syrah Mini-Vertical 4-Pack
$59.99 $108.00 44% off List Price
2013 Monticello Vineyards Rose of Syrah, Oak Knoll District, Napa Valley
2012 Monticello Vineyards Rose of Syrah, Oak Knoll District, Napa Valley
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 162 Private Messages cortot20

I really enjoyed the 98' cab that was offered here before. These seem like interesting roses although the price is a bit much for me without some community notes.

CT

jamesozzello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesozzello

I see Iowa Is wooting. In Iowa City,but leaving for 3 weeks +,so cant order,but if someone needed to share? J

herbtrumpet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages herbtrumpet
cortot20 wrote:I really enjoyed the 98' cab that was offered here before. These seem like interesting roses although the price is a bit much for me without some community notes.

I also enjoyed the 98 cab that was offered. This rose is a little to rich for my blood. But there is nothing like a good cold rose on a hot summer day out on the deck.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of August 17th.

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August
8/23: NoVA #30: Mediterranean Favorites

September
9/12: Chicago: Wines and Appetizers

Summer
TBD: SoCal #3?: San Diego/Lakeside
TBD: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn

Pending
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

Long Range Planning
2016 RPM Tour Planning

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

For around $15 a bottle, not bad, but before I pull the trigger, what is the cellar window on these?

Drink by next summer, or by 2016?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:For around $15 a bottle, not bad, but before I pull the trigger, what is the cellar window on these?

When you add tax and shipping it's more like $18.50 a bottle.

CT

justplainjulie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages justplainjulie

I had a chance to taste this (I believe it was the 2013) at one of the RPM Tour events. I actually ended up having several tastes because it was so delicious. This is definitely a dry-style rose'. Very crisp, with strawberry and other red fruits on the nose and palate. I think it would be fine even next summer. I'm in for sure.

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
justplainjulie wrote:I had a chance to taste this (I believe it was the 2013) at one of the RPM Tour events. I actually ended up having several tastes because it was so delicious. This is definitely a dry-style rose'. Very crisp, with strawberry and other red fruits on the nose and palate. I think it would be fine even next summer. I'm in for sure.

The Golden Palate has spoken!

I too had a taste of this before the RPM dinner at Suite D. Definitely strawberry on the nose and palate and also agree that it was dry and crisp. I have enjoyed every Monticello/Corley wine I've tried and this was no exception.

justplainjulie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages justplainjulie
chipgreen wrote:The Golden Palate has spoken!

I too had a taste of this before the RPM dinner at Suite D. Definitely strawberry on the nose and palate and also agree that it was dry and crisp. I have enjoyed every Monticello/Corley wine I've tried and this was no exception.

Ha! More like "The Lucky Palate" or "The Good Guesser Palate"

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
justplainjulie wrote:Ha! More like "The Lucky Palate" or "The Good Guesser Palate"

That's way better than my "coin flips went the wrong way" palate

I think I tried a couple sips of this before dinner at Suite D, but I don't remember much about it. There was a whole lot going on at the time. I do, however, remember very much enjoying the Corley Family Red later on. Based on the style of winemaking there I'd be willing to give this a shot if I were buying.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rpm

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rpm
justplainjulie wrote:Ha! More like "The Lucky Palate" or "The Good Guesser Palate"

Kid, ya got a nice palate there, ya wanna keep it....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:When you add tax and shipping it's more like $18.50 a bottle.

$18.10, which is still in the neighborhood of $15 .... especially at 1:00 AM

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

2013 Monticello Vineyards Rose of Syrah
Color is pale salmon in hue. PnP was served a bit cold at 58F so the nose initially muted. Picking up faint hints of strawberry and watermelon. Palate is very tart. Don't see any specs but I would guess this has a pH of 3.4 or less. Initially the wine was quite sour and reminiscent of grapefruit. As it warmed up the dominant note was watermelon jolly rancher. SWMBO and I both wrote that down before talking about it. Had this with BBQ salmon, potatoes, and brussel sprouts. It didn't go particularly well with any of those foods. This wine was a miss for us as it was just too tart and missing the character we enjoy in our Rose's.

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
klezman wrote:That's way better than my "coin flips went the wrong way" palate

I think I tried a couple sips of this before dinner at Suite D, but I don't remember much about it. There was a whole lot going on at the time. I do, however, remember very much enjoying the Corley Family Red later on. Based on the style of winemaking there I'd be willing to give this a shot if I were buying.

That was the 2005 Proprietary Red. Delicious.

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:For around $15 a bottle, not bad, but before I pull the trigger, what is the cellar window on these?

Sad that no one from the winery popped in. But happy to have a reason to skip this tempting offer.

cortot20

Info post:
All tasting notes for this wine have been cross posted into CT under user name wine.woot_taster. User names have been removed to protect the guilty. PM me if you want your tasting note removed or user name added back.

Thanks and back to the wineing.

CT

cortot20

Got a bottle of this today, which is too late to provide notes. But if it shows up in a plus offer my notes will be ready to roll.

CT