WootBot


quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Wellington Sonoma Valley Chardonnay (6)

Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 30% of Wine Woots
Top 34% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 37% of Wine Woots
Top 35% of all Woots



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1899 Private Messages Cesare

Wellington Sonoma Valley Chardonnay 6-Pack
$83.99 $148.00 43% off List Price
2011 Chardonnay, Sonoma Valley
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 53 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Tasted this one Sunday night at the rpm tour Meet & Greet. As always, a perfectly balanced Wellington Chardonnay. Great fruit, great mouthfeel, nice finish, none of the overoaked buttery juice that had become so popular for a while. At this price, a terrific value for a wine that will enhance your meal any night of the week.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cortot20


quality posts: 234 Private Messages cortot20

I really enjoyed the. 2010 chard a few years back. Let's hope this is as good or better.

Want to provide tasting notes to the W.W. community? PM me for more info.

CT

patrickkarcher


quality posts: 4 Private Messages patrickkarcher

I imagine there would be no rush to drink this, right? Would it develop any over the next few years?

SonomaBouliste


quality posts: 247 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
patrickkarcher wrote:I imagine there would be no rush to drink this, right? Would it develop any over the next few years?



I don't think this will develop a lot more interest or complexity. I wouldn't hold more than two years from now.

cortot20


quality posts: 234 Private Messages cortot20
SonomaBouliste wrote:I don't think this will develop a lot more interest or complexity. I wouldn't hold more than two years from now.



Can you compare it with your 2010? It's the last vintage I have tried.

Want to provide tasting notes to the W.W. community? PM me for more info.

CT

lamcjunk


quality posts: 8 Private Messages lamcjunk

We also got the 2010. We rated it a 3 out of 5. Not high enough to spend nearly $15 a bottle on this one. :-(

SonomaBouliste


quality posts: 247 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
cortot20 wrote:Can you compare it with your 2010? It's the last vintage I have tried.



The 2010 and 2011 are relatively similar. They come from the same vineyard sources, and both were cool years. I would say the 2011 is a little more aromatic and a little "racier", if you will - slightly crisper fruit and a very fresh, tart finish.

cortot20


quality posts: 234 Private Messages cortot20
SonomaBouliste wrote:The 2010 and 2011 are relatively similar. They come from the same vineyard sources, and both were cool years. I would say the 2011 is a little more aromatic and a little "racier", if you will - slightly crisper fruit and a very fresh, tart finish.



Thanks Peter, it's what I wanted to hear. I felt that the fruit really showed well in the 2010 and the 2011 sounds even more along those lines.

Want to provide tasting notes to the W.W. community? PM me for more info.

CT

SonomaBouliste


quality posts: 247 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
cortot20 wrote:Thanks Peter, it's what I wanted to hear. I felt that the fruit really showed well in the 2010 and the 2011 sounds even more along those lines.



Thank y'all for playing; see you next time around.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 240 Private Messages kylemittskus

Please offer a red variety pack, Peter. Please.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jrb11


quality posts: 6 Private Messages jrb11
kylemittskus wrote:Please offer a red variety pack, Peter. Please.



Agreed!

A port offering would be amazing as well

CT