Wellington Sonoma Valley Chardonnay 6-Pack
$83.99 $148.00 43% off List Price
2011 Chardonnay, Sonoma Valley
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 53 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Tasted this one Sunday night at the rpm tour Meet & Greet. As always, a perfectly balanced Wellington Chardonnay. Great fruit, great mouthfeel, nice finish, none of the overoaked buttery juice that had become so popular for a while. At this price, a terrific value for a wine that will enhance your meal any night of the week.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cortot20

quality posts: 234 Private Messages cortot20

I really enjoyed the. 2010 chard a few years back. Let's hope this is as good or better.

Want to provide tasting notes to the W.W. community? PM me for more info.

CT

patrickkarcher

quality posts: 4 Private Messages patrickkarcher

I imagine there would be no rush to drink this, right? Would it develop any over the next few years?

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 247 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
patrickkarcher wrote:I imagine there would be no rush to drink this, right? Would it develop any over the next few years?

I don't think this will develop a lot more interest or complexity. I wouldn't hold more than two years from now.

cortot20

SonomaBouliste wrote:I don't think this will develop a lot more interest or complexity. I wouldn't hold more than two years from now.

Can you compare it with your 2010? It's the last vintage I have tried.

CT

lamcjunk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lamcjunk

We also got the 2010. We rated it a 3 out of 5. Not high enough to spend nearly $15 a bottle on this one. :-(

SonomaBouliste

cortot20 wrote:Can you compare it with your 2010? It's the last vintage I have tried.

The 2010 and 2011 are relatively similar. They come from the same vineyard sources, and both were cool years. I would say the 2011 is a little more aromatic and a little "racier", if you will - slightly crisper fruit and a very fresh, tart finish.

cortot20

SonomaBouliste wrote:The 2010 and 2011 are relatively similar. They come from the same vineyard sources, and both were cool years. I would say the 2011 is a little more aromatic and a little "racier", if you will - slightly crisper fruit and a very fresh, tart finish.

Thanks Peter, it's what I wanted to hear. I felt that the fruit really showed well in the 2010 and the 2011 sounds even more along those lines.

CT

SonomaBouliste

cortot20 wrote:Thanks Peter, it's what I wanted to hear. I felt that the fruit really showed well in the 2010 and the 2011 sounds even more along those lines.

Thank y'all for playing; see you next time around.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 240 Private Messages kylemittskus

Please offer a red variety pack, Peter. Please.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jrb11

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jrb11
kylemittskus wrote:Please offer a red variety pack, Peter. Please.

Agreed!

A port offering would be amazing as well

CT