Sequana Russian River Pinot Noir 3-Pack
$79.99 $127.00 37% off List Price
2010 Sequana Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

aces219

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aces219

This was my favorite wine at the wootception on Sunday. Classic delicate Pinot.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

We bought the half bottles of this wine when it was offered on woot in January. It has been one of our favorites. James MacPhail makes
beautifully crafted single vineyard wines, specializing in Pinot Noir. In fact, we're looking forward to visiting his brand new tasting room later this week. Take it from one who does not generally prefer Pinot Noir, this is a great deal on an excellent wine. You won't be disappointed.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Thank you aces219 and ddeuddeg for taking time to post while on the RPM tour!

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cortot20

quality posts: 138 Private Messages cortot20
ddeuddeg wrote:We bought the half bottles of this wine when it was offered on woot in January. It has been one of our favorites. James MacPhail makes
beautifully crafted single vineyard wines, specializing in Pinot Noir. In fact, we're looking forward to visiting his brand new tasting room later this week. Take it from one who does not generally prefer Pinot Noir, this is a great deal on an excellent wine. You won't be disappointed.

I think the 375's were a different ava.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cortot20 wrote:I think the 375's were a different ava.

Santa Lucia Highlands. Sorry I missed that. Must have been drinking. This one is from the Russian River Valley, arguably an even better AVA for Pinot Noir.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

highwines

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highwines

Good stuff, and cheaper than wholesale in this state.

SequanaPinotNoir

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SequanaPinotNoir

Great to hear you're coming by the just opened MacPhail Tasting Lounge @ The Barlow, you won't be disappointed!

ddeuddeg wrote:We bought the half bottles of this wine when it was offered on woot in January. It has been one of our favorites. James MacPhail makes

SequanaPinotNoir

Indeed, the 375s were the Sequana Santa Lucia Highlands, an equally wonderful wine.

cortot20 wrote:I think the 375's were a different ava.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

SequanaPinotNoir wrote:Great to hear you're coming by the just opened MacPhail Tasting Lounge @ The Barlow, you won't be disappointed!

Welcome and thank you for joining the thread! It might be kinda quiet today as many of our regulars are deep in the vineyards of Sonoma on the RPM tour.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lurcher

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lurcher
ThunderThighs wrote:Welcome and thank you for joining the thread! It might be kinda quiet today as many of our regulars are deep in the vineyards of Sonoma on the RPM tour.

And the rest of us are just stuck at work....

SequanaPinotNoir

And actually heard that 30 or so wooters might be in the neighborhood and stop by the MacPhail Tasting Lounge, now that will be a woot, er hoot!

lurcher wrote:And the rest of us are just stuck at work....

sonomawineguy

quality posts: 27 Private Messages sonomawineguy

Hi Wooters! It has been a while since I have been in the halls of Woot World, but I know a bit about the wine today and thought I would chime in here.

The 2010 Sequana is one of my favorite Pinots of all. Yes, I am biased as I do work with and know James MacPhail well but I know a great Pinot when I drink it.

It is a rich, luxurious wine that lingers on the palate. The extra time in bottle has helped this wine become fuller and richer. James has a great talent in finding vineyards that perform well in the bottle and his style of winemaking really comes through here.

This is a wine I would not hesitate in buying at least 6 bottles of as it will continue to age beautifully.

sonomawineguy

lurcher wrote:And the rest of us are just stuck at work....

Don and Bonnie and hopefully a few others are headed to the MacPhail Tasting Lounge in Sebastopol later today. Always love to see some fun Wooters.

jrb11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jrb11
sonomawineguy wrote:

This is a wine I would not hesitate in buying at least 6 bottles of as it will continue to age beautifully.

Info on CT is saying to drink by 2016, would you say this is accurate or is the drinking window a bit longer?

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
jrb11 wrote:Info on CT is saying to drink by 2016, would you say this is accurate or is the drinking window a bit longer?

Most drinking windows on CT are not accurate.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

sonomawineguy

jrb11 wrote:Info on CT is saying to drink by 2016, would you say this is accurate or is the drinking window a bit longer?

James style of winemaking is a style that allows for longer aging of Pinots. We have tasted some of his 2004-6s recently and we were really impressed as to how they held up. Bright fruit, nice balance. CT is making general recommendations only. But I would be surprised if anyone had a bottle of this left by 2016.

sonomawineguy

North316 wrote:Most drinking windows on CT are not accurate.

I completely agree.