$99.99 $229.00 56% off List Price
2011 Ultimo Beso, California Red Wine Blend
2012 Primer Beso, California Alsatian Style White Wine
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Scott Harvey is one of the country's leading proponents of the "Old World" style of wine-making. The Alsatian style white wine in this offer is a perfect example. The red is perfect with salad of roasted beets, goat cheese, and mixed greens, with a light vinaigrette. At this price, an absolute steal!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

jrod703

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrod703

Description for the red says barbera but specs say syrah/petite syrah?

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

FYI, these are the exact same wines as Scott's "One Last Kiss" red & white blends. Also, the red is nearly identical to his InZinerator but with a higher % of Port.

I've paid anywhere from $15-$20/bottle for these wines previously so I echo d-dog's statement that these are an absolute steal at this price!

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
jrod703 wrote:Description for the red says barbera but specs say syrah/petite syrah?

Go with the specs.

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 39 Private Messages skispeakeasy

Late night wine buys and buying <$100 12 packs from Woot are usually no-nos. But what the hell?... It's Scott Harvey. What could possibly go wrong?

edlada

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edlada

I promised my daughter that while filling her cellar in anticipation of my visit next summer, I would get some wine for her as well. This looks like the perfect case for her and her boyfriend. They are not sophisticated, experienced wine drinkers and it sounds like the red and the white will be ideal wines for them to enjoy and start to learn how to appreciate quality wine without being overwhelmed.

Speed to First Woot:
22m 14.112s
First Sucker:
adamd73
Last Wooter to Woot:
edlada
Last Purchase:
4 minutes ago

My dogs like me, that is important.

jrb11

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jrb11

Some info about the Symphony grape varietal in California, used in the Primer Beso here.

CT

jrb11

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jrb11
chipgreen wrote:FYI, these are the exact same wines as Scott's "One Last Kiss" red & white blends. Also, the red is nearly identical to his InZinerator but with a higher % of Port.

I've paid anywhere from $15-$20/bottle for these wines previously so I echo d-dog's statement that these are an absolute steal at this price!

Any idea why the two separate labels if it's the same wine?

This deal looks fantastic, and I can't remember ever not liking one of Scott Harvey's wines, but I don't need an entire case if it right now.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
jrb11 wrote:Any idea why the two separate labels if it's the same wine?

This deal looks fantastic, and I can't remember ever not liking one of Scott Harvey's wines, but I don't need an entire case if it right now.

Marketing. Phased old label out and started fresh with this label.

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 61 Private Messages losthighwayz

No reviews nor CT notes anywhere! Rattage would have been appreciated even if its a SH wine.

"The older I get the better I was"

cortot20

losthighwayz wrote:No reviews nor CT notes anywhere! Rattage would have been appreciated even if its a SH wine.

Agreed, the white sounds interesting, but the quantity of port in the red definitely does not seem like my style. I did not like the sweetness in the incinerator and that was 6% port, this is 12%. Probably a pass.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cortot20 wrote:Agreed, the white sounds interesting, but the quantity of port in the red definitely does not seem like my style. I did not like the sweetness in the incinerator and that was 6% port, this is 12%. Probably a pass.

Actually, it's 12% port varietals, not 12% port. In Portugal, they make bone dry wines with the same grapes they use to make Port, and some of them are really good. That said, this red is 2% RS, and not everyone likes that. We've found a few really nice pairings, including the salad I mentioned above, which we would serve after the main course.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

lamcjunk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lamcjunk

These are a deal! Easy drinkers. One could almost say 'guzzler'. ;-)

Primer Beso (white):
Nose: Nice interesting nose! Pineapple, green pepper, under ripe pear.
Palate: very smooth. Honeysuckle, guava, light butter. Also picking up Green grapes, mead, pear, melon, tiny touch of grass, bell pepper
Balance: not enough acidity to be a complex wine.
Conclusion: very easy drinker, not to pair with food.

Ultimo Beso (red)
Nose: Like a winery! Cedar, spoiled fruit, plum, black cherry, prune, cloves

Palate: My first instinct is a surprising amt of tannins, but maybe I'm too sensitive to that! Also: Red current, fruity, warm going down, hint of port taste, but NOT a sweetish wine. Actually slightly tart.
Also lots of spices - cloves, nutmeg, woody.
Finish: That of a hot mulled wine - spicy, warm, fruity.
Conclusion:
Good holiday wine in front of fireplace.

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines
jrod703 wrote:Description for the red says barbera but specs say syrah/petite syrah?

The specs are correct. In the past I have used some Barbera in this blend. But not in this vintage. Both the One Last Kiss and Ultimo Besso were bottled together out of the same blend. We produced 363 cases as One Last Kiss and 280 cases as Ultimo Beso. We thought there might be some interest in the Latin American community. But there is not enough, so we are discontinuing the Ultimo Beso label. That is why this such a good deal.

ScottHarveyWines

ddeuddeg wrote:Actually, it's 12% port varietals, not 12% port. In Portugal, they make bone dry wines with the same grapes they use to make Port, and some of them are really good. That said, this red is 2% RS, and not everyone likes that. We've found a few really nice pairings, including the salad I mentioned above, which we would serve after the main course.

The Port in this wine is our 2011 Forte wine, which is all Port style wine. None of the 12% port varieties was dry wine.

Alison Gail Bixby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Alison Gail Bixby

For some reason, I've been saving my Ultimo y Primer Besos from a previous purchase, so haven't tried them yet. However, with my blind faith in Scott Harvey, I'm in for a case. That way, I'll know I have enough bottles and won't hoard them.

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

Hi Scott

I loved your 2011 Inzinerator. Is this wine noticeably sweeter?

How would you compare/contrast the two wines?

Thx

Is it broke or just fractured?

ScottHarveyWines

rlmanzo wrote:Hi Scott

I loved your 2011 Inzinerator. Is this wine noticeably sweeter?

How would you compare/contrast the two wines?

Thx

The wines started out as the same blend of Zinfandel, Petite Sirah and Syrah. The InZinerator had 6% Forte added whole this wine had 12% Forte. The wine has twice the RS as the InZinerator but still doesn't taste overly sweet because of the low pH/high acidity. This wine is still dryer than some of the cult Zinfandels such as the Rombauer Zin.

cortot20

Info post:
All tasting notes for this wine have been cross posted into CT under user name wine.woot_taster. User names have been removed to protect the guilty. PM me if you want your tasting note removed or user name added back.

Thanks and back to the wineing.

CT

gjnews

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gjnews

I would say how it tastes, but it has yet to ship. Though I was told it was shipped, fedex just says it got the paperwork, but no wine. Estimated delivery is tomorrow, but if fedex has not yet gotten the wine to ship..good luck to me. Still waiting on another case I ordered July 29th. I guess the 3-8 day delivery window is a marketing ploy

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gjnews wrote:I would say how it tastes, but it has yet to ship. Though I was told it was shipped, fedex just says it got the paperwork, but no wine. Estimated delivery is tomorrow, but if fedex has not yet gotten the wine to ship..good luck to me. Still waiting on another case I ordered July 29th. I guess the 3-8 day delivery window is a marketing ploy

Wine.woot shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. This is due to the shipping strategies used so the wine keeps moving while in transit. This ensures that the wine gets to you in good condition. Please allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items