2012 Cabernet Sauvignon
2012 Old Vine Zinfandel
2011 Lonely Oak Red Blend
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin

~~~ POTENTIAL RPM/WW TOURISTS ~~~

We have a last second open seat!

What a deal!
Half price or perhaps even FREE tour seat!

PM or post ASAP if interested.

Guaranteed a partial, but there may even be a full subsidy. We don't want an empty seat.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin

I've picked up a couple of Project Paso Red Blend ('09 & '10) from World Market in the ~$10 range and found them to be a good QPR and drinking above their price for a mid week wine.
None of these, but Still Don & sons Paso juice.

CT

jesterg86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesterg86

Hoping the someone can chime in on this: What is the cellar-ability of these wines? Especially the cab sav? Looking for a 21st b-day wine for my son born in 2012...

Schug Estate
Dry Creek
Vampire
Woot Cellars
Roessler

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
jesterg86 wrote:Hoping the someone can chime in on this: What is the cellar-ability of these wines? Especially the cab sav? Looking for a 21st b-day wine for my son born in 2012...

These are more the - drink now type. If you are looking for someting to cellar head on over to wootplus and check out the Ty Caton Tytanium

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20

Alcohal seems restrained at 13.5%, for a hot region in a ripe year. Were these de-alched?

CT

donnysebas

quality posts: 14 Private Messages donnysebas
cortot20 wrote:Alcohal seems restrained at 13.5%, for a hot region in a ripe year. Were these de-alched?

Very good question. Boy the wine bus sure has changed. 13.5 actually is a pretty high alcohol.

As you may know if you have enjoyed our wines before, we aim for aromatic and flavorful wines that are *medium* bodied, not over-the-top ripe and jammy. Our food friendly winemaking style helps us keep alcs below 14.

donnysebas

These a three great wines. Though very distinct from eachother, our best sellers are the cab and the blend. The blend features like 500 (less actually) different varietals some of which I really don't know much about.

My personal fave of the bunch is the zin. It is a bit of an old school zin my grandfather would have liked. NOT overly ripe and purple, it is powerfully aromatic, has lots of varietal zin flavor, without the side of raspberry jam that usually comes from warm climate zin.

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 39 Private Messages skispeakeasy

I really liked The Crusher wines Don Sebastiani offered a while back. I'm going to give these a try!

parlottocol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parlottocol

[quote postid="5914127" user"Cesare"]Project Paso Mix Six
Sold by: Don Sebastiani & Sons
$59.99 $124.00 52% off List Price
2012 Cabernet Sauvignon
2012 Old Vine Zinfandel
2011 Lonely Oak Red Blend
CT links above

Winery website[/quote]
Parlottocol
Can you tell me if the woots of the Ty Reds/Petit Verdot are wines that can be enjoyed immediately or do they still need more time.

cortot20

parlottocol wrote:Parlottocol
Can you tell me if the woots of the Ty Reds/Petit Verdot are wines that can be enjoyed immediately or do they still need more time.

They can be enjoyed immediately, otherwise the winemaker would be a fool to release them without a disclaimer.

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
donnysebas wrote:Very good question. Boy the wine bus sure has changed. 13.5 actually is a pretty high alcohol.

As you may know if you have enjoyed our wines before, we aim for aromatic and flavorful wines that are *medium* bodied, not over-the-top ripe and jammy. Our food friendly winemaking style helps us keep alcs below 14.

So what was the answer to the question asked, yes or no? Either could be inferred from the answer given.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cortot20

North316 wrote:So what was the answer to the question asked, yes or no? Either could be inferred from the answer given.

Excellent point.

CT

donnysebas

North316 wrote:So what was the answer to the question asked, yes or no? Either could be inferred from the answer given.

No they were not dealc'd.

TomDeerpark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomDeerpark

2012 Cab for me