WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Atlas Peak Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (2)

Speed to First Woot:
23m 2.225s
First Sucker:
scphillips
Last Wooter to Woot:
mgg750813
Last Purchase:
2 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 24% of Wine Woots
Top 44% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 18% of Wine Woots
Bottom 46% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 6% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 0% < 10 woots
  • 6% < 25 woots
  • 88% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 6% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 0% one year old
  • 94% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 88% bought 1
  • 6% bought 2
  • 6% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

12%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12%
0%
0%
6%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12%
12%
6%
6%
0%
25%
6%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1611 Private Messages Cesare

Atlas Peak Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon 2-Pack
$95.99 $137.00 30% off List Price
2007 Atlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Mountain
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 138 Private Messages cortot20

Just opened an atlas peak 04' mt. Veeder on Saturday night. Beautiful bottle of wine from a woot about 3.5 years ago. Of course back then it was $32 a bottle shipped. This is not that price.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin

Wow!

Got a 3L monster back in Dec of '12 when it was offered HERE.
750's now so I can try one while I'm still above the turf line.
Same $/oz now as then too...
Still WD, have mercy; the tour is next week.

CT

rvz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rvz

The '04 Atlas Peak cab is probably the best wine that I've ever purchased myself. Incredibly smooth and well balanced.

jrb11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jrb11

CT is showing an average price at just over $25. Where did people get these bottles at that price?

CT

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03

I purchased in June of last year. Was $6 less then for the 2005. Odd to see the retail price drop from $184 then to $137 now and our price go up $6. Can the winery maybe speak to the price difference between the offerings? Obviously not a complaint, I always like seeing prices come DOWN. ;)

I don't have any notes from the 2005, but remember enjoying the first bottle we opened. The other is still sitting in the cellar.

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew

I have some 05 and 06 spring mountain, Howell mountain and Mt Vedeer. How does this compare to any of those wines?

I was a little confused when it said 91% Howell Mtn, 98% Atlas Peak. Assume that means the petite verdot is not from Atlas Peak and the majority of the cab is Howell Mtn?

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
jrb11 wrote:CT is showing an average price at just over $25. Where did people get these bottles at that price?

Costco

cortot20

chipgreen wrote:Costco

When you see a deal you snap it up. ;)

CT

cortot20

dalematthew wrote:I have some 05 and 06 spring mountain, Howell mountain and Mt Vedeer. How does this compare to any of those wines?

I was a little confused when it said 91% Howell Mtn, 98% Atlas Peak. Assume that means the petite verdot is not from Atlas Peak and the majority of the cab is Howell Mtn?

I'm guessing the Howell mountain is 1.1% instead of 91.1% just a guess.

CT

cortot20

jrb11 wrote:CT is showing an average price at just over $25. Where did people get these bottles at that price?

Did you look at the exact listing in Caesars link? The white label cab might have been available for that price but I am doubting the black label would be.

CT

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
cortot20 wrote:Did you look at the exact listing in Caesars link? The white label cab might have been available for that price but I am doubting the black label would be.

2007 Atlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon Atlas Peak
CABERNET SAUVIGNON

USA> California> Napa Valley> Atlas Peak
My Value: (Add My Value)
Community Average Value: $25.48; $201.25 (3.0L)
Drink between: 2012 - 2016 (Add My Dates)

jrb11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jrb11
cortot20 wrote:Did you look at the exact listing in Caesars link? The white label cab might have been available for that price but I am doubting the black label would be.

Yeah, I used the link posted above by Caesar. I'm not familiar with the difference between the white/black labels, but the price difference definitely seemed off. The drinking window also seems a bit short, but that's just a thought. I couldn't find any other info on CT or winesearcher, but at $48 a bottle plus tax + shipping this is a pass for me right now.

CT

cortot20

jrb11 wrote:Yeah, I used the link posted above by Caesar. I'm not familiar with the difference between the white/black labels, but the price difference definitely seemed off. The drinking window also seems a bit short, but that's just a thought. I couldn't find any other info on CT or winesearcher, but at $48 a bottle plus tax + shipping this is a pass for me right now.

Either a closeout somewhere sometime or someone used the wrong ct entry for their purchase.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin

~~ Tourists ~~

We're finally ready to go!!

Just signed the final contract, really, within the past 10 minutes.

All the venues and rough timings are up on the spreadsheet and I'll get more details posted here a bit later today for the world to see.

Tip your glasses, we have some great visits planned.

rpm/wd and me

CT

deckerbrian

quality posts: 16 Private Messages deckerbrian

This wine is at my local Costco for $50 right now. I've had 3 bottles. I don't have notes with me, but I loved it. It is exactly what you expect from a big and powerful Napa Cab. I like it better than most because it never over powers with tobacco or leather type flavors. Deep dark fruits dominate with just the right tannin level and dryness. Perfect pairing with a big juicy ribeye. It is very worth the price and I've never seen one lower.

rpm

quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm

Atlas Peak Cabs are almost always worth seeking out, especially in a good year like 2009. I'd be on this like white on rice if I weren't keeping my powder dry for the Tour....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

atlaspeak1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages atlaspeak1
jcarlton03 wrote:I purchased in June of last year. Was $6 less then for the 2005. Odd to see the retail price drop from $184 then to $137 now and our price go up $6. Can the winery maybe speak to the price difference between the offerings? Obviously not a complaint, I always like seeing prices come DOWN. ;)

I don't have any notes from the 2005, but remember enjoying the first bottle we opened. The other is still sitting in the cellar.

This is the first time we've offered the Atlas Peak Mountain bottling. The previous wines were from different districts. The great thing is the Atlas Peak/Atlas Peak Mountain has not been offered into the retail market so it's only been sold here at the winery- very limited production. It's 2007 (stellar vintage!), and is drinking so nicely now--- but is certainly worthy for holding.

atlaspeak1

Just to clear up any confusion: the Atlas Peak Napa Valley Blend Cabernet (white label) is a blend of fruit from some high elevation vineyards on the famed Napa mountains but the majority is valley floor. This label is our largest production wine and widely distributed. Whereas the Atlas Peak Cabernet- Atlas Peak Mountain bottling (black label) is solely fruit from Atlas Peak (and some Howell)-no valley floor fruit. The production methods are different and the mountain series wines and see far more aging then the NV Blend.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
atlaspeak1 wrote:Just to clear up any confusion: the Atlas Peak Napa Valley Blend Cabernet (white label) is a blend of fruit from some high elevation vineyards on the famed Napa mountains but the majority is valley floor. This label is our largest production wine and widely distributed. Whereas the Atlas Peak Cabernet- Atlas Peak Mountain bottling (black label) is solely fruit from Atlas Peak (and some Howell)-no valley floor fruit. The production methods are different and the mountain series wines and see far more aging then the NV Blend.

Outside of the aging, what production methods are different? I'm guessing oak. What else?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

atlaspeak1

deckerbrian wrote:This wine is at my local Costco for $50 right now. I've had 3 bottles. I don't have notes with me, but I loved it. It is exactly what you expect from a big and powerful Napa Cab. I like it better than most because it never over powers with tobacco or leather type flavors. Deep dark fruits dominate with just the right tannin level and dryness. Perfect pairing with a big juicy ribeye. It is very worth the price and I've never seen one lower.

Agreed, the Atlas Peak Cabernet mountain series wines never disappoint. Today's feature is not available at Costco as it's a limited-release wine and has only been sold thru the winery. The Atlas Peak Mountain blend will definitely make a great wine to cellar or enjoy now with some decanting.

jmpdelos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmpdelos

Well that's unusual -- no Colorado! I think that's a first for me other than some of the international offerings over hundreds of wine woots. Oh well...

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
jmpdelos wrote:Well that's unusual -- no Colorado! I think that's a first for me other than some of the international offerings over hundreds of wine woots. Oh well...

Colorado is on the ship-to list.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

deckerbrian

quality posts: 16 Private Messages deckerbrian

I stand corrected. It was from Howell Mountain. Still fantastic though.

atlaspeak1 wrote:Agreed, the Atlas Peak Cabernet mountain series wines never disappoint. Today's feature is not available at Costco as it's a limited-release wine and has only been sold thru the winery. The Atlas Peak Mountain blend will definitely make a great wine to cellar or enjoy now with some decanting.