WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pedroncelli Friends White Wine Blend (6)

Speed to First Woot:
10m 34.228s
First Sucker:
Staffist
Last Wooter to Woot:
tonyp063
Last Purchase:
4 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 46% of Wine Woots
Top 25% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 35% of Wine Woots
Top 18% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 3% first woot
  • 2% second woot
  • 12% < 10 woots
  • 17% < 25 woots
  • 67% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 3% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 8% one year old
  • 89% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 74% bought 1
  • 20% bought 2
  • 6% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

3%
4%
0%
0%
0%
1%
5%
7%
2%
6%
11%
11%
5%
6%
3%
2%
8%
2%
2%
8%
6%
4%
6%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

manhandsha

quality posts: 39 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

No? No Pedroncelli friends tonight?

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

kittymom5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kittymom5

I'm a SF Bay Area native now living in Connecticut, and oh do I miss my CA wines! For those who are wondering, this is a well known, very good winery. I don't know this blend, but considering prices here, this seems like a great deal! Let me know if you try it!

Korista

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Korista

Channelling my inner Cesare .....

Pedroncelli Sonoma County Friends White Wine Blend 6-Pack
$54.99 $91.00 40% off List Price
2012 Friends White Wine Blend, Sonoma County
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer for 2012 vintage:
9/27/13
01/28/2014

note: offer has been updated from 2012 to 2013 vintage

sphervey

quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey

Bought a case of this last time to enjoy on those hot, humid, Louisiana days. Very tasty semi-dry wine enjoyed with chicken and seafood or just out of the fridge.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

The last Pedroncelli Friends offer was part of a mixed white case on 5/9/14. That included the 2013 Friends. Can someone verify that this offer is in fact the 2012 Friends (and not the '13)?

IIRC the 2012 included Chardonnay with the SB and Gewürztraminer, the '13 left out the Chard.

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
pseudogourmet98 wrote:The last Pedroncelli Friends offer was part of a mixed white case on 5/9/14. That included the 2013 Friends. Can someone verify that this offer is in fact the 2012 Friends (and not the '13)?

IIRC the 2012 included Chardonnay with the SB and Gewürztraminer, the '13 left out the Chard.

Sharp eyes, nice catch! Though who am I kidding, I'm ordering whichever year it turns out to be. Maybe a mod could check with the winery? Or maybe Ed will check in. Where's our Ed?

I've been wondering if we'd see an offer of this anytime soon, I kept meaning to call the winery to order. Now I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that summer shipping gets it to me in two weeks, before I leave for vacation -- seems a bit iffy.

manhandsha

Staff

pseudogourmet98 wrote:The last Pedroncelli Friends offer was part of a mixed white case on 5/9/14. That included the 2013 Friends. Can someone verify that this offer is in fact the 2012 Friends (and not the '13)?

InFrom wrote:Sharp eyes, nice catch! Though who am I kidding, I'm ordering whichever year it turns out to be. Maybe a mod could check with the winery? Or maybe Ed will check in. Where's our Ed?

I've been wondering if we'd see an offer of this anytime soon, I kept meaning to call the winery to order. Now I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that summer shipping gets it to me in two weeks, before I leave for vacation -- seems a bit iffy.

I sent an email to the guys, hopefully we'll hear something soon.

UPDATE Good catch, guys. Winedavid has confirmed it should be 2013.

UPDATE to the UPDATE: Fixes have been made to Features, etc. Again, thanks for having hawk eyes!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

PedroncelliFamily

quality posts: 63 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily

It's 2013. This was a last minute offer to fill a hole. Sorry--
for those of you wondering...it's my drink of choice this time of year!
We didn't feel the Chardonnay added that much to the blend. Chill it. Drink it. Push the button!

PedroncelliFamily

InFrom wrote:Sharp eyes, nice catch! Though who am I kidding, I'm ordering whichever year it turns out to be. Maybe a mod could check with the winery? Or maybe Ed will check in. Where's our Ed?

I'm in Tahoe. And my grandsons just got here!! Wish I could figure out how to post a pic. I'd make you all jealous!!

InFrom

PedroncelliFamily wrote:I'm in Tahoe. And my grandsons just got here!! Wish I could figure out how to post a pic. I'd make you all jealous!!

Dude, get that vino to me by 8/8 and I'll post pics of your lovely wine alongside a bright red Maine lobstah, straight from the pound. (OK, not as cuddly as grandkids, but lovable in its own way.)

PS to post pictures here they have to be hosted somewhere on line, IIRC.

Ah yes, I do RC. Here's a link to the instructions.

Oh, and PPS:

Last Wooter to Woot:
InFrom

InFrom

PedroncelliFamily wrote:It's 2013. This was a last minute offer to fill a hole. Sorry--
for those of you wondering...it's my drink of choice this time of year!
We didn't feel the Chardonnay added that much to the blend. Chill it. Drink it. Push the button!

It's great to see you here, wherever you're posting from. So glad you were able to come up with an offer for today. Loved the 2012, and fully expect to love the 2013.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

As I've posted before about the Friends ...

How to tell what your SO really likes - When I'm out of town on a business trip I make sure that we have a variety of options in the refrigerator and in the rack next to the table. Then when I get home I look to see what is missing.

Even though she almost always says that she likes what I open, I figure that what she pops when it's only her gives me the best information.

Anytime Friends is in the refrigerator, It invariably is gone when I get back.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
InFrom wrote:It's great to see you here, wherever you're posting from. So glad you were able to come up with an offer for today. Loved the 2012, and fully expect to love the 2013.

+1 on all counts.
Last wooter to woot:pseudogourmet98

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin

~~ TOUR UPDATE ~~

.. and it's strange Ed hasn't paid a visit here yet ..
We'll be seeing him on Monday.

CT

PedroncelliFamily

rjquillin wrote: ~~ TOUR UPDATE ~~

.. and it's strange Ed hasn't paid a visit here yet ..
We'll be seeing him on Monday.

I'm lurking. :-)
Spending the day in Truckee with my son and grandsons. Friends white in the fridge for later!

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
PedroncelliFamily wrote:I'm lurking. :-)
Spending the day in Truckee with my son and grandsons. Friends white in the fridge for later!

Hi Ed--just put a bottle of Friends in my fridge. That leaves me one from last time around. Are you willing to help out a thirsty Minnesotan again?
Cheers!

PedroncelliFamily

cynthylee wrote:Hi Ed--just put a bottle of Friends in my fridge. That leaves me one from last time around. Are you willing to help out a thirsty Minnesotan again?
Cheers!

Absolutely. Call on Monday 800-836-3894.

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Absolutely. Call on Monday 800-836-3894.

Yay! Will do.
Cheers!

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

Wasn't going to buy any more whites this year, but what the heck. In for one!

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
bolligra wrote:Wasn't going to buy any more whites this year, but what the heck. In for one!

That was my sentiment as well, but I went in for two. We drink whites year round.

flolene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flolene

Was expecting delivery today now tracking says n/a.

manhandsha

Staff

flolene wrote:Was expecting delivery today now tracking says n/a.

Oh jeez, that's a bummer. I've had this happen several times. It' pretty likely that they'll attempt delivery tomorrow. Keep us updated!

flolene

manhandsha wrote:Oh jeez, that's a bummer. I've had this happen several times. It' pretty likely that they'll attempt delivery tomorrow. Keep us updated!

No delivery date is listed now.Three days ago it said delivery 8/6 now just n/a.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

flolene wrote:No delivery date is listed now.Three days ago it said delivery 8/6 now just n/a.

Wine.woot shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. This is due to the strategic logistics use when shipping the wine so it keeps moving while in transit. Please allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

InFrom

flolene wrote:No delivery date is listed now.Three days ago it said delivery 8/6 now just n/a.

I have three different shipments, including one of this wine, all showing the same info, or rather lack of info. It's frustrating, I know, but as TT notes, it's for the good of the wine. One of my three was delivered this afternoon, still no change in the shipping info though. The good news is that the wine was not hot, nor even terribly warm, though it's probably been on the truck since early morning on this warm and sunny day. I'll take a bit of mystery/frustration over cooked wine, any day.

InFrom

Hi, I fixed your quote for you!

flolene wrote:I had no problem waiting for the wine but was confused when there was a delivery date then n/a.

Yes, that seems to be the pattern with summer shipping. The Woot FAQ TT cited don't really address it. Estimated delivery dates pass and are replace by "n/a". Over time I've learned not to believe an estimated delivery date unless there's some evidence that the shipment has actually started moving, which usually consists of a notation that it has reached an actual FedEx hub.

flolene

InFrom wrote:Hi, I fixed your quote for you!

Yes, that seems to be the pattern with summer shipping. The Woot FAQ TT cited don't really address it. Estimated delivery dates pass and are replace by "n/a". Over time I've learned not to believe an estimated delivery date unless there's some evidence that the shipment has actually started moving, which usually consists of a notation that it has reached an actual FedEx hub.

Thanks didn't notice that and thank you for the info. Now just waiting for my wine

flolene

Received my wine today